Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    Ms Parfois is such a tough horse and gives everything. Owner was thinking of running in the Gold Cup but changed to Midlands National then Grand National because of stamina and guts in abundance over a that touch of class you need for the Gold Cup.
    Duhallow won at Fontwell today and has qualified for a 50k race at Haydock April 20th
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Ms Parfois is such a tough horse and gives everything. Owner was thinking of running in the Gold Cup but changed to Midlands National then Grand National because of stamina and guts in abundance over a that touch of class you need for the Gold Cup.
    Duhallow won at Fontwell today and has qualified for a 50k race at Haydock April 20th
    Many congrats @killer kish  - all the best for the big prize.
    People will say Ms P had too hard a race yesterday but (as you know as an owner) every horse is different as regards taking their races.
    The Mid Nat may not be the prep it once was for the GN but, down the years, there have been plenty who've run strongly in both. Ms P would just be copying Lord Gyllene if she won at Aintree (he also had the bomb-threat delay to contend with) but Laura's Beau [1992] and Call It A Day [1999] both made the frame in the GN after winning or near-missing in the Mid Nat. OK, all last century but none of them had Grade 1 form.
    Will be running the slide rule over the GN field once again shortly. I see @bobmunro is going NRNB now - good man!!
  • Options
    My thoughts on Ms Parfois is that of being so tough and genuine never knows when to give up but always seems to get beaten.Im guessing that is the lack of class the owner mentioned as regards going for the Gold Cup?
    Thanks Peanuts as regards Duhallow,Anthony said we will miss Cheltenham go to Fontwell then either Aintree or the Haydock race.A few of us was hoping Cheltenham but the trainer knows best
  • Options
    Honeyball running Jepeck at Carlisle today. A round trip of over 600 miles. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    noel fehily will retire after his rides this saturday at newbury on board special tiara in the qmcc being my highlight also saw him at a cheltenham preview 2 weeks ago and took the time to speak to everyone etc. 
  • Options
    Bryony Frost will miss the Grand National meeting next month with a broken collarbone
  • Options
    Bryony Frost will miss the Grand National meeting next month with a broken collarbone
    Thoughts with Bryony and the ITV Racing family - how will they cope?!?!
  • Options
    Ed Chamberlain was quoted as saying 'Amazing'.

Mind you he says that about everything. 

• Options
    edited March 2019

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Ed Chamberlain was quoted as saying 'Amazing'.

Mind you he says that about everything. 

He is like a puppy at times.

Ed's a great guy though - I actually gave him his first chance in the industry over 20 years ago (might even be 25).

• Options
    Miranda, runs in the 4.15 at Wincanton tomorrow, Nicholls has his eye on a valuable race at Cheltenham in April, so she needs to do the business tomorrow, currently 13/8 with Bob’s lot
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow Steve and hope you get to Cheltenham next month
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Miranda, runs in the 4.15 at Wincanton tomorrow, Nicholls has his eye on a valuable race at Cheltenham in April, so she needs to do the business tomorrow, currently 13/8 with Bob’s lot

All the best @northstandsteve
    Cheering her on.
  • Options
    Race won by Commanche Red. 
    Should have predicted that!!! :grimace:
  • Options
    she was pulled up never looked like she was travelling, be interesting to see what Harry Cobden says, as Nicholls thought she would be better on the better ground.
  • Options
    Hope all is well with the horse Steve
  • Options
    Apparently she is fine and Cobden said the ground was too quick for her so he looked after her.
  • Options
    I'm off to uttoxeter tomorrow. Primarily it seems for a day of boozing, though I might dabble as well. Any tips?

Only been to the horses once before, Newcastle, and found that overhearing elderly Irish people was a good tip, but not something I want to rely on!
  • Options
    Fran Berry has been forced to retire on Doctor's advice following his bad fall in January. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That said, not too much takes my fancy today. Should be some good racing in the Grade 1s but both Klassical Dream and Min are too short (easily taken on by Quick Grabim and Un De Sceaux respectively though imo).
  • Options
    Klassical dream, min and delta work looks like the mug punters bet today always been a graveyard for punters so when I tend to stay clear of 
  • Options
    I fancy Getabird to turn Delta Work and A Plus Tard over
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    That said, not too much takes my fancy today. Should be some good racing in the Grade 1s but both Klassical Dream and Min are too short (easily taken on by Quick Grabim and Un De Sceaux respectively though imo).
    Well would you look at that
  • Options
    Min busted the treble good old ruby saving the bookies as per, unbelievably I have never won a bet in the Mullins/Walsh/ricci combo 

although fair play to uds - that was some performance. 
  • Options
    Ruby Walsh announces his retirement.