Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    regards the fighting at haydock - its scummy but give a few lads a bag of powder, a cheap suit and some lager and that is what you end up with, smaller courses cant afford to have sniffer dogs and a load of security without putting ticket prices up, the groups is another problem, cheltenham seems to work well as you can only buy 4 drinks at a time. the issue is for the majority its a well behaved good day out. 
  • Options
    She’s probably hit the vegan sherry a tad too hard.
    "He's"
    Can’t believe that.
  • Options
    "He's"
    Can’t believe that.
    This has been verified previously as being true
  • Options
    "He's"
    Can’t believe that.

Anarchist
  • Options
    Genuine problem here is that every time AK raises his fair and justified points, we - myself included - go over to his thread and shout it down.

It then invariably gets sunk.

Same thing happens when AK comes over to "this demesne". And then someone's asking for him to be censored!

Much as I might disagree with him, this sort of bickering is crap all round. But it's impossible to deal with when the other thread is actively censored by the site's mods (which they have every right to do, as it's their board, but I find myself uncomfortable with).
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Genuine problem here is that every time AK raises his fair and justified points, we - myself included - go over to his thread and shout it down.

It then invariably gets sunk.

Same thing happens when AK comes over to "this demesne". And then someone's asking for him to be censored!

Much as I might disagree with him, this sort of bickering is crap all round. But it's impossible to deal with when the other thread is actively censored by the site's mods (which they have every right to do, as it's their board, but I find myself uncomfortable with).
    I think, as some have said, if we all just ignore him he will feel as he is talking to himself. And I'm sure if he decides to take it upon himself to bombard this thread unnecessarily with his views, the mods will then act.
  • Options
    AK asked to not post irrelevant points on his thread and stick to the subject of the thread so why can’t he practise what he preaches and wants and just stay of these threads.Will the mods act?
  • Options
    AK asked to not post irrelevant points on his thread and stick to the subject of the thread so why can’t he practise what he preaches and wants and just stay of these threads.Will the mods act?
    But... where else can he post? Not that I'm saying it should be here - obviously I don't think it should be - but he's consistently had his threads sunk. And I'd actually be unhappy to see him banned, because censorship sits really uneasily with me.
  • Options
    I wouldn’t want him banned but his threads are purely sunk because of no interest not through  being banned 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ban her. Nothing but a wind up merchant.
  • Options
    The thing with AK is he is againsy horse racing and stuff 1 of the reason being the deaths.

Yet it feels like in a sense he likes the deaths so he can come here and moan about another horse being killed.

Ok like is not the right word but you know what I mean, when a horse dies he has more ammo
  • Options
    Him. Not exactly on grounds to call someone a WUM if you're being a WUM yourself.
  • Options
    It’s not just the deaths of horses though is it. True colours were shown over the weekend when it insinuated that all horseracing fans brawled at meetings.

• Options

Peanuts, I can think (and I'm sure you can also) of many, many more adjectives than arsehole to describe that ******* ****.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Peanuts, I can think (and I'm sure you can also) of many, many more adjectives than arsehole to describe that ******* ****.
    Agreed .....and I admire your attention to detail Bob. That's just the right number of asterisks. 

• Options
    Why don't we all just not respond to AK's posts. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    But... where else can he post? Not that I'm saying it should be here - obviously I don't think it should be - but he's consistently had his threads sunk. And I'd actually be unhappy to see him banned, because censorship sits really uneasily with me.
    He could try not making anti sport posts on a sporting site.
    If you're anti sport you're on the wrong site.
  • Options
    Her is a him.
  • Options
    Just ignore him the best way - I find it all a bit off tbh look at recent comments the last 100 have been on rise of the vegans and various horse racing threads. 

All about maturity and respect for other posters imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Him. Not exactly on grounds to call someone a WUM if you're being a WUM yourself.
    How do you know it’s a him ? I know it’s a play on “Anarchist” but how does that confirm it’s a male ? 

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    How do you know it’s a him ? I know it’s a play on “Anarchist” but how does that confirm it’s a male ? 

It's a him. I've known him for 30 years.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

It's a him. I've known him for 30 years.
    Fair enough, thanks.
    Naturally, I wouldn’t merely have taken the word of someone who promised Admin to stay off Racing threads and who posted a misleading petition in the past.
  • Options
    I wouldn’t want him banned but his threads are purely sunk because of no interest not through  being banned 
    No, threads are deliberately sunk. Otherwise, why do we see the likes of Paulie bring up threads from 2008?!

I'd rather the thread stayed open so it stayed off here. Or is that too sensible?
  • Options
    Also, 3.30 Wetherby - Mixboy looks to be a complete each-way burgle at 8/1. Baby King would represent much better value at 12s, but his form isn't consistent.

4.15 Taunton - Fidux looks value at 14/1 each way back on generally Good ground.
  • Options
    Mixboy second good call Paddy
  • Options
    laurina running so lets see where she is heading ch or mh, Also hearing rumours that tiger rolls victory at the weekend may of come at a cost. 
  • Options
    Cilaos Emery's a big doubt for the Arkle. I am gutted at that. Gutted.
  • Options
    I Had mixboy and sturnrubin 22/1 2nd should of had em in ew double 
    fancy one today broadclyst 40/1 hood record never heard of it before probably been winning on Scarborough beach.