Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    Lots of trainers unable to run their horses because a new rule has been made that horses must have a vaccination booster within the last six months. 
  • Options
    Lots of trainers unable to run their horses because a new rule has been made that horses must have a vaccination booster within the last six months. 
    Irish trainers up in arms because the IHRB are insisting on boosters every eight weeks
  • Options
    edited February 2019

From RP...

Extra races scheduled to help trainers ready horses for Cheltenham

Here is what else you need to know:

• Musselburgh and Plumpton will host jumps fixtures on Wednesday, while Southwell and Kempton are to stage all-weather cards
    • Major races lost last weekend have been rescheduled. There will be a nine-race card at Ascot on Saturday featuring the Betfair Hurdle and Denman Chase. Sandown will host the Kingmaker Chase on Friday
    • Additionally, the BHA will schedule extra races on or around the weekend of February 23-24 to help trainers prepare for the big spring festivals
    • However, trainers are confused and frustrated with new rules including all horses needing to have been vaccinated within six months of racing and that health declarations are required
    • Bookmaker shares rebound after falling last week in wake of the cancellation of racing for six days
    • There have been ten confirmed cases of equine flu within the racing population: Donald McCain (six) and Simon Crisford (four)
  • Options
    Just putting it out there but I'd rather we left Anna_Kissed et al off this thread - we know we disagree and we don't need to tread the same ground over and over again on here, too.
  • Options

From RP...

Extra races scheduled to help trainers ready horses for Cheltenham

Here is what else you need to know:

• Musselburgh and Plumpton will host jumps fixtures on Wednesday, while Southwell and Kempton are to stage all-weather cards
    • Major races lost last weekend have been rescheduled. There will be a nine-race card at Ascot on Saturday featuring the Betfair Hurdle and Denman Chase. Sandown will host the Kingmaker Chase on Friday
    • Additionally, the BHA will schedule extra races on or around the weekend of February 23-24 to help trainers prepare for the big spring festivals
    • However, trainers are confused and frustrated with new rules including all horses needing to have been vaccinated within six months of racing and that health declarations are required
    • Bookmaker shares rebound after falling last week in wake of the cancellation of racing for six days
    • There have been ten confirmed cases of equine flu within the racing population: Donald McCain (six) and Simon Crisford (four)
    This is the bit I don't get - Crisford trains at Newmarket and McCain in Cheshire. Are all the other trainers in the country saying that not one of their horses has flu or flu symptoms? Or are they keeping quiet because they don't want to have to shut down?
  • Options
    Loafers and no socks brigade means why I’m no longer a regular visitor to royal ascot 
  • Options
    Charming bunch in this 'sport', aren't they?
    One bad apple, two bad apples, three...
    Zzzzz.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Never happens at football, does it.

• Options
    And the anti-everything brigade never resort to violence do they? 
  • Options
    The BHA and the punters: demise by joint effort.
    Downward spiral.
    Is this the best you can offer? You must think like we do - that you lost the argument.
  • Options
    Downward spiral.
    Great to see horse racing back this week isn't it. I bet you really missed it too. Still Cheltenham and then Aintree for you to drool over soon.  
  • Options
    You use interesting sentence structure now and again to make yourself seem intelligent. The reality is, quite frankly, that you are a narrow minded idiot.

Reference: Will, from The Inbetweeners.
  • Options
    Downward spiral.
    You really are so boring and predictable, you don’t like it we get that but do you ever comment on any other thread ffs
  • Options
    Shame you can’t practise what you preach AK...........
  • Options
    13 new posts so I thought either a collection of happy retirement coneygree or I had missed a decent tip.
    but sadly no.

• Options
    Stop giving the animal botherer attention. 
  • Options
    I saw Tiger Roll won earlier at 25/1. Mental price.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Canyouringmeback RIP 

Died today at Huntingdon. Broke Hind leg on landing after jump.

The 28th horse to lose its life on a British racecourse this year.

Please stop. I will ask for you to be banned if you carry on 
  • Options
    Downward spiral.
    Yes, only 260,000 racegoers will be at Cheltenham next month.
    Demise, downward spiral ?
    Only in your dreams.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    PS I can't believe you are a football fan you abomination.
    You do realise what footballs are made of don't you, or perhaps more accurately, were made of in the last 30 years ?
  • Options
    Sport of Kings thread over 5,000 comments and on the first page.......
    AK’s ego trip thread with false facts and a misleading petition 166 comments and lost on page six........
    Says it all really......
  • Options
    She’s probably hit the vegan sherry a tad too hard.
  • Options
    She’s probably hit the vegan sherry a tad too hard.
    "He's"