Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Saw this yesterday. Looks really dodgy to me. Looks like he jumps off
  • Saw this yesterday. Looks really dodgy to me. Looks like he jumps off
    No way is that deliberate. He has a very high centre of gravity, he's leaning to correct the course and the jink means he's off balance to the left while the horse has no interest in following. Just a really shit bit of luck.
  • Any tips for Windsor today?

Just got back after a cracking free days racing at Windsor. Glorious sunshine all day, eight races and not overcrowded.

Two winners and a 16/1 place means I come home up a few bob.
  • edited October 2018
  • PaddyP17 said:

Saw this yesterday. Looks really dodgy to me. Looks like he jumps off
    No way is that deliberate. He has a very high centre of gravity, he's leaning to correct the course and the jink means he's off balance to the left while the horse has no interest in following. Just a really shit bit of luck.
    Agreed.
  • Addickted said:

Any tips for Windsor today?

Just got back after a cracking free days racing at Windsor. Glorious sunshine all day, eight races and not overcrowded.

Yeah i done quite well, had the forecast of Fresh terms and Maybe Today, and the winner in the 4.40, plus a couple of e/ways.
    A good day out.
  • Addickted said:

Any tips for Windsor today?

Yeah i done quite well, had the forecast of Fresh terms and Maybe Today, and the winner in the 4.40, plus a couple of e/ways.
    A good day out.
    I had 2 winners, so lost about £15.
    My mate had no winners, until the last when he stuck £5 E/W on Tobacco Road (I think) & it won at 18/1 (I think).
    Good day out.
  • PaddyP17 said:

Saw this yesterday. Looks really dodgy to me. Looks like he jumps off
    Absolutely mental they have the gate for the paddock about 10 yards from the finish. Notorious place for horse jinking to the right.
  • bobmunro said:

Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies - 2 November - Belafina.

Currently available at around 3/1 - it's a beast, definitely runs and will go off odds on. Expected to win.

Today's declarations - 11 left in. Bellafina now generally 9/4 - 2/1
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Currently available at around 3/1 - it's a beast, definitely runs and will go off odds on. Expected to win.

Today's declarations - 11 left in. Bellafina now generally 9/4 - 2/1
    Cheers. Have had a bit of a lash on it at 3/1 and 11/4 owing to a decent four-figure (off a fiver!) L15 return, so here's hoping!
  • I’m going to Cheltenham on Saturday so any tips would be greatly appreciated! :smiley:
  • 5.30 Cheltenham. Magic Dancer will run very well.
  • glad to see cheltenham back, early race meets like this one i usually avoid am excited to see how lilrockerfeller runs but havent backed it as i think it is a bit short.
  • 3.10 Cheltenham - my only one for today is an each-way burgle on Vive Le Roi. Has been in great form and while there's a 9lb rise, there's a lot to like about his previous win.
  • PaddyP17 said:

3.10 Cheltenham - my only one for today is an each-way burgle on Vive Le Roi. Has been in great form and while there's a 9lb rise, there's a lot to like about his previous win.

have also had a smell squeeze on that, form would read 11 which is slightly unusual for this sort of race but skybet are 5 places so a place at worst would be happy with.
  • I was on One For Billy there. Sums up my luck at the moment
  • PaddyP17 said:

3.10 Cheltenham - my only one for today is an each-way burgle on Vive Le Roi. Has been in great form and while there's a 9lb rise, there's a lot to like about his previous win.

have also had a smell squeeze on that, form would read 11 which is slightly unusual for this sort of race but skybet are 5 places so a place at worst would be happy with.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH pretty sure he was pipped. Arrrrggghhhhhhhhh that's fucking annoying
  • PaddyP17 said:

Everywhere but the line Paddy!
  • PaddyP17 said:

Everywhere but the line Paddy!
    AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • Sponsored links:

• beaten by a v short head ffs
  • Samcro to remain hurdling this year. The 10/3 available antepost on him winning the Champion Hurdle all of a sudden looks very very good.
  • PaddyP17 said:

Samcro to remain hurdling this year. The 10/3 available antepost on him winning the Champion Hurdle all of a sudden looks very very good.

Providing connections don't change their mind................
  • bobmunro said:

Bellafina drawn in the car park, Bob.
    Still feeling confident?
  • bobmunro said:

Still feeling confident?
    Doesn't help - but yes still confident. Wins by 5 lengths instead of 10!
  • bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Still feeling confident?
    Will it go off odds on though? Here's hoping! Either way, a win means a big night out for me...
  • PaddyP17 said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Still feeling confident?
    Will it go off odds on though? Here's hoping! Either way, a win means a big night out for me...
    No, I don't think it will now - will likely shorten on the night but not odds on.
  • Samcro beat at Down Royal.

Does he need further than 2 miles now to show his very best?