Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    Any good ante post recommendations for Ascot?
  • Options
    Sioux Nation Commonwealth Cup
  • Options
    Well that was a certainty was it? Andrew Thornton has a winner on his final day in the sadlle - all the jockeys not riding were waiting on the run in to cheer him home!
  • Options
    Did you know........

...........that former former racehorse announcer (mainly Lingfield) was the actor Milton Johns?

And if you knew that, did you also know...........

..........that current racecourse commentator Malcolm Tomilinson is an actor too. And father to Eleanor Tomlnson, star of Poldark, who has just released her first album.

Bet that information has brightened up your day!
  • Options
    At Royal ascot as we speak. Any tips ?
  • Options
    Gone for Rhododendron & Sergei Prokofiev, so avoid those two.
  • Options
    2.30 Benbatl
    4.20 Wootton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really like the chances of Benbatl in the opener
  • Options
    Away from Ascot Bin Suroor is sending a newcomer all the way to Thirsk in the 3:20, cant see him doing that just to stretch the horses legs, has to be going there to win.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Hope those tips turn out to be good. I've already backed 4 of them, and haven't yet decided on the St James's Palace.
  • Options
    Mirage Dancer in the last is expected to win.
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:
    Hope those tips turn out to be good. I've already backed 4 of them, and haven't yet decided on the St James's Palace.
    Check his ROI (top pinned Tweet on his profile). Charlie is a good mate of mine and has had a phenomenal 2018 thus far. I'm following him pretty much all the way through the next few days.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:
    Check his ROI (top pinned Tweet on his profile). Charlie is a good mate of mine and has had a phenomenal 2018 thus far. I'm following him pretty much all the way through the next few days.
    Quite impressive. Surprised though by the 1 point level stake on each, considering the differences in prices. Do you follow his recommendations on stakes also?
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:
    Quite impressive. Surprised though by the 1 point level stake on each, considering the differences in prices. Do you follow his recommendations on stakes also?
    Anything around 11/1 or greater (depends on exact place conditions) I would tend to go 0.5pts each way. Haven't kept a separate track in that regard, but I think I'm probably near enough even to what he'd make just betting on the win (place money balancing vs when his win tips come 2nd/3rd and lose, counteracted by him returning correspondingly more points on a win bet).

I do my own research though usually, so I don't always follow him stakes or tips wise.

My own tips, such as they are:

2.30 - Benbatl @ 7/2
    3.05 - Dubai Legacy e/w @ 14/1
    3.40 - Different League e/w @ 20/1
    4.20 - Wootton @ 11/2
    5.00 - Whiskey Sour @ 10/1 (maybe e/w)
    5.35 - Kidmenever e/w @ 14/1
  • Options
    3.05 Advertise.
  • Options
    never usually do the flat but make an exception for ascot my losers are as follows and i did place them this morning and havent copied @PaddyP17

2.30 rhododendren ( money back if 2/3rd ) & limato ew
    3.05 the irish rover ew
    3.40 different league ew
    4.20 no bet
    5.00 whiskey sour ew
    5.35 spark plug ew
  • Options
    @bobmunro you're very welcome I presume lololol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yep flat racing is jank.
  • Options
    Phew, Calyx looks like a good horse.
  • Options
    Wow. That was some performance from Calyx, about 8 clear on his side.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

First race was one for us, I'll give you that - but a jolly in the next to keep the punters happy :)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

PaddyP17 said:

First race was one for us, I'll give you that - but a jolly in the next to keep the punters happy :)
    But how many would have backed a 2-y-o, having only his second race, at 2/1 in a field of 23?
  • Options
    Whiskey Sour has been absolutely smashed up. Hmm.
  • Options
    Three for Frankie and two for Frankel.
  • Options
    That greedy fucker Mullins although does do what he does well 5 runners in the 5pm
    Race 1st, 3rd,4th and 5th.
    The last race it’s won by the favs stablemate.

Will probably get slaughtered but give me Cheltenham anyday of the week this is a bloodbath
  • Options
    Ah, fuck the flat
  • Options
    And Tuesday is normally the easier day for betting at Royal Ascot!!