Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    Cheers all for the advice on where to find the top class fillies (or, you know, a less ham-fisted double entendre)!

Have followed Peanuts on COGRY (25/1), but am still on REGAL FLOW (25/1) following his Midlands GN win. I'd highly recommend taking Paddy Power's huge 28/1 6 places paid on that.

Rounding off my trio with THE YOUNG MASTER (16/1) as was previously mentioned on here.

Good luck all!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I was very tempted by your fella @PaddyP17 . Won the Mid Nat so impressively - great call by you that day. Terrific e/w value tomorrow but it's a hell of a rise in the handicap.
    If mine get beat I hope it's him. Big fan of Bob Buckler - a thoroughly good man.
    All the best mate.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Ground at Ayr now on the quick side. First 2m chase 6 seconds fast of standard.
    Consequently have supplemented my team with Silsol at 25s.
    Only chase runs on soft or heavy to date, where jumping has come unstuck at times. When it hasn't, has shown plenty of stamina by creditable 5th and 4th in Welsh and Midlands Nationals with plenty of weight in both.
    Lower mark and 10.13 today (puts him effectively level with Regal Flow at the weights) but quicker ground could see him at his best - defeated Native River at levels on quick ground over 3m hurdles last season.
    A worry that without Bryony on board his jumping may let him down in the hurly burly that typifies a Scottish GN - pros and cons about jumping on better ground - but if he handles them OK he could well be there or thereabouts.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Blimey - that was a seriously hot pace set by Gold Present and Vintage Clouds - 1.5secs fast of standard
    33/1 winner Joe Farrell by a nose
    Ballyoptic
    Vintage Clouds
    Doing Fine
    Vicente
    Label Des Obeaux

Regal Flow 10th
    Total blank for me and afraid to say The Young Master didn't get past the first.
    TTFN - have a great summer folks.
  • Options
    Be very interesting to see if Doing Fine is now aimed at the Bet365 at Sandown next Saturday.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    anyone on here heading to sandown next Saturday or fancy as i have 2 tickets going to bomb it off to go the charlton game, paid £50 for the pair of tickets, happy to let someone have them for nothing, chuck a score to the upbeats would suffice.

if they let me know by Wednesday happy to post them out
  • Options
    Going to Windsor today.
  • Options

Going to Windsor today.

So am i, new track for me.
  • Options
    I'll say hello if I find you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cool mate, there's 5 of us and one's in a wheelchair.
  • Options
    Hope you guys have a good night at Windsor,horrible track though
    Rebecca Rocks in the 5.50
  • Options

Have to do that, it's my daughters name.
  • Options
    So what made you call her Rocks?
  • Options
    Anyone got any tips for sandown park this Saturday???
  • Options
    iaitch said:

So what made you call her Rocks?

I was waiting for that, as soon as I wrote it.
  • Options
    scruffle said:

Tips no. But, if it runs I will be "all in" on The Young Master following its first fence departure on Saturday!
  • Options
    Id pencilled in the young master!
  • Options

Nice one.
    Wondered why got 7/2 had a look had done the wrong horse had to cash out and do the right one.
  • Options

Well done Sir!

Got on at 11/4
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Well done Sir!

Got on at 11/4
    I got 3/1 :-) 1st & and an e/w 2nd in that.
    But lost the first 2 races, so breaking even.
  • Options
    Won the 6.20 as well.
  • Options
    Won the last two plus Rebecca's rock, so ended up in profit :smiley:
  • Options
    2 winners 3 places. I reckon I'm probably down £20ish.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

scruffle said:

Tips no. But, if it runs I will be "all in" on The Young Master following its first fence departure on Saturday!
    Good luck AA and scruffle. He certainly loves this race.
    Persuaded to have one last fling before packing the bucket and spade. At the price (40/1) I shall have a bob or two e/w on RELENTLESS DREAMER (aren't we all on CL?)
    Level at the weights on paper with 7/1 Missed Approach (based on Edinburgh National). MA had immediate wind op (and then of course won the Kim Muir) but IMHO RD should be relatively better off at a trip on Saturday's better ground. Stable seemingly in better form.
    Good luck all.
  • Options
    the punchestown festival kicks off today cant wait to see douvan/min/uds going for it.

skybet current offer of douvan/getabird double at 4/1 i think that has a v good chance of landing. although my max stake was £19 on it.
  • Options
    The 6:05 at Punchestown, Design Matters has moved from 100/1 into 6/1!!!

Race been won by the same trainer the last two years.
  • Options

the punchestown festival kicks off today cant wait to see douvan/min/uds going for it.

skybet current offer of douvan/getabird double at 4/1 i think that has a v good chance of landing. although my max stake was £19 on it.

LOL and mullins 2nd string takes it getabird getting nowhere in 5th
  • Options

The 6:05 at Punchestown, Design Matters has moved from 100/1 into 6/1!!!

Race been won by the same trainer the last two years.

On at 100s at PP here. Rain not helping things so laying at single figure prices now. Be nice if it goes in though still
  • Options
    Should clarify, was put on to it by someone. Thought might go off 33s....never thought it'd get to single figures