Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Following Peanuts tips is like buying bitcoin... you know you should've done it.
  • Got to take scarfy
  • You, Peanuts old chap, are a bloody marvel.
  • edited January 2018

@PeanutsMolloy arrives in SE7

Addickted said:

You, Peanuts old chap, are a bloody marvel.

....and a devilishly good-looking one at that :smiley:

Cheers Gents. Too kind.....

To Aintree my man!!!
  • Brilliant work PM. You'll have to take the Mrs out more often - no expense spared this time ;-)
  • edited January 2018

Brilliant work PM. You'll have to take the Mrs out more often - no expense spared this time ;-)

Cheers AA
    S&&t....the cruise brochures have appeared :neutral:
  • edited January 2018
    Cheers Peanuts. My winnings will help pay for (hopefully) one last trip to see Roly in St Truiden.
  • Thistlecrack is out for the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• See @killer kish has had another winner today.
  • Cheers paulbaconsarnie things hopefully turning around for my horses
    Enjoying every moment at a cold deserted Fontwell
  • Thistlecrack is out for the season.

GC field is really cutting up. Backed Sizing John each-way last year and would have supported him again this year as age still on his side but not sure what to make of that last run.

Curerntly leaning towards a decent investment in Might Bite at 3/1 NRNB
  • death duty also out for the season through injury.
  • edited January 2018
    Fyi Just got sent this: Barney Curley is doing it again!!!! Big coup today by the looks of it, 5 John Butler horses at lingfield getting smashed up. (John Butler was Barney Curleys assistant and trained some of the horses in the last coup they won £2million off) nobody seems to have noticed yet as there is nothing on racing post or internet but it’s too much of a coincidence. Classic Barney Curley too, the horses are bang out of form but on decent marks if coming back to form..... prices gonna go even more soon when people wake up and spot what’s going on.

Horses are

lingfield;

12.50 father alibe
    13.20 madrinho
    13.50 kingsley klarion
    14.20 unforgiving minute
    15.50 absolutely awesome.

skybet arent taking bets stuck a 5p ew lucky 31 on with betbright
  • Fyi Just got sent this: Barney Curley is doing it again!!!! Big coup today by the looks of it, 5 John Butler horses at lingfield getting smashed up. (John Butler was Barney Curleys assistant and trained some of the horses in the last coup they won £2million off) nobody seems to have noticed yet as there is nothing on racing post or internet but it’s too much of a coincidence. Classic Barney Curley too, the horses are bang out of form but on decent marks if coming back to form..... prices gonna go even more soon when people wake up and spot what’s going on.

Horses are

lingfield;

12.50 father alibe
    13.20 madrinho
    13.50 kingsley klarion
    14.20 unforgiving minute
    15.50 absolutely awesome.

skybet arent taking bets stuck a 5p ew lucky 31 on with betbright

Could be yet another 2 + 2 = 5 but Betway aren't taking any chances - 5/2, 4/1, 7/2, 4/1 & 3/1 when they are freely available at 4/1, 16/1, 7/1, 20/1 & 9/1. I haven't checked but you can bet your bottom dollar that Betway haven't pushed out the other runners to compensate for the artificial shortening of those horses!
  • edited January 2018
    12.50 father alibe 3rd @ 7/2
    13.20 Madrinho 2nd @ 20/1
  • Madrinho 2nd! Go on the place accas
  • edited January 2018
    Low conviction this one (reliable stats don't whittle down the field hugely) but if it's a 3.5m+ handicap chase, I'll have a lash anyway.
    My shilling shall be on KRAKATOA KING in the Warwick National today (aka Betfred Classic), won last year by One For Arthur before he carried off the spoils in the Big One.
    KK's too low in the handicap to make it to Aintree (unless he strolls it today) but he has good form over fences at Warwick, likes to get his toe in (officially soft today), stays the 29f trip and is nicely-weighted (5lbs taken off by conditional Richard Patrick, who steered Alfie Spinner around Chepstow so well last weekend). One of 3 runners for the in-form Kerry Lee.
    Completed all 12 chases to date, making the frame 9 times (2 wins, both 3m+ on heavy), 9/1 makes him a worthwhile each-way proposition (IMHO).
    Should be a good race.

EDIT - a man's gotta know his limitations. Sorry folks. That Milansbar's a right monkey - blinkers did the job today. Easy win.... but next time?
  • Mate just told me abour mr bossy boots at lingfield 12.40 tomorrow. Was 10s earlier, now down to 6/1. He says it should be fav when he sets off tomorrow. Could be a load of rubbish but stuck £5 e/w
  • Sponsored links:

• A little bird in Mullins’ yard tells me Stormy Ireland in the Triumph. She is very, very good and each-way at current odds 14/1 is recommended.
  • edited January 2018
  • Into 8/1 on skybet
  • Into 8/1 on skybet

Whilst it has shortened with Skybet, they are N/R No Bet and Best Odds Guaranteed, unlike most bookies, so most of the horses are going to be shorter with them.
  • Into 8/1 on skybet

Whilst it has shortened with Skybet, they are N/R No Bet and Best Odds Guaranteed, unlike most bookies, so most of the horses are going to be shorter with them.
    Still 14s about (Victor, Sporting) but yes they are all-in run or not.

This was straight from Willie’s mouth yesterday, not hearsay - and he describes her as his best juvenile bar none adding ‘she’s incredible’. She won by 58 lengths last time out - although not sure she beat much!

Next due out at Leopardstown on 4 February in a Grade 1 so if you are going to back her for the Triumph do it before then.

• bobmunro said:

A little bird in Mullins’ yard tells me Stormy Ireland in the Triumph. She is very, very good and each-way at current odds 14/1 is recommended.

Thanks for that, I've just had my maximum permitted bet with Bet365.
    £0.83 ew at 12s.
    The Bet 365 staff nicked all that was available at 14s - a perk of the job apparently.
  • bobmunro said:

A little bird in Mullins’ yard tells me Stormy Ireland in the Triumph. She is very, very good and each-way at current odds 14/1 is recommended.

Thanks for that, I've just had my maximum permitted bet with Bet365.
    £0.83 ew at 12s.
    The Bet 365 staff nicked all that was available at 14s - a perk of the job apparently.
    If only that were possible!

Victor, bless him, is standing this one!
  • bobmunro said:

Into 8/1 on skybet

This was straight from Willie’s mouth yesterday, not hearsay - and he describes her as his best juvenile bar none adding ‘she’s incredible’. She won by 58 lengths last time out - although not sure she beat much!

Next due out at Leopardstown on 4 February in a Grade 1 so if you are going to back her for the Triumph do it before then.

Cheers Bob, Haven't a clue about these 2 mile dashes over the floppies but have thrust my shilling into Vic's sweaty palm at 14s.
  • bobmunro said:

Into 8/1 on skybet

Cheers Bob, Haven't a clue about these 2 mile dashes over the floppies but have thrust my shilling into Vic's sweaty palm at 14s.
    I’m the opposite, Peanuts - much prefer the speed merchants over hurdles and my strike rate, especially in Grades 1 and 2, is much better than in chases.

Might be something to do with me being a flat man, although I make an exception for Cheltenham.