Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    Went to Lingfield today. Sadly didn't back a winner but witnessed Steve Drowne's very last ride - which he happened to win.

It really is uncanny quite how many times this happens with trainers and jockeys on their final runs - I reckon that there must be a system here and Drowne did incredibly well to win from being virtually in the car park on the turn in to the straight ;-)
  • Options

Went to Lingfield today. Sadly didn't back a winner but witnessed Steve Drowne's very last ride - which he happened to win.

It really is uncanny quite how many times this happens with trainers and jockeys on their final runs - I reckon that there must be a system here and Drowne did incredibly well to win from being virtually in the car park on the turn in to the straight ;-)

You’re right, it happens nearly every time. I backed both his mounts today for that reason.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    As you were.
    A shed load of defections at confirmation stage today sees the original 20 (including Vicente, once again top-weight, Raz de Maree and Milansbar) less Splash Of Ginge and Sir Mangan, looking like lining up.
    So, prior to final decs, the bottom two are Rathlin Rose and Alfie Spinner (interesting e/w at 33/1), both set to carry 10-07.
    Going's currently heavy, of course. Not too much rain in the forecast so fingers crossed this time.
    More anon.
  • Options
    on chase the spud for the welsh gn.

had a good double of yanworth and wholestone yesterday
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Rock The Kasbah, Houblon Des Obeaux and Folsom Blue all scratched this morning at decs.
    On The Road, former runner-up Firebird Flyer and former winner Emperors Choice all run.
    The last ran only 7 days ago (winning in the mud at Haydock after a handicap de-rating 2-year barren spell) but in conditions tomorrow is a real threat (carries only 10 stone after the jockey's 3lb claim).
    Still happy with my 4. Alfie Spinner will have 5lbs taken off and carry 10-02 with a decent conditional jock on board.
    Complexion of the race not materially changed weights-wise. Only 5 of the 20 will carry <10-09 and, while a young 'un can certainly win, as 4 of the 6 at the bottom of the weights were 10y-o+ at original race-date, the Age stat favouring 6~8y-o can be set-aside for this one.
  • Options
    Seems to be a rumour that, with the Rock withdrawn, Dickie Johnson's going to ride Alfie Spinner. Gave him a peach of a ride last time out in the Welsh GN Trial.
    Worth the extra 5lbs if so methinks.
  • Options
    Dickie is going to Sandown peanuts
    I've changed my two for the national: gone for MYSTEREE & BUCKHORN TIMOTHY.
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

Dickie is going to Sandown peanuts
    I've changed my two for the national: gone for MYSTEREE & BUCKHORN TIMOTHY.

No sweat, I'll take the 5lbs :smiley:
    Best of luck Bob.
  • Options
    Chase The Spud for me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m here at Chepstow. It’s bloody freezing.
  • Options
    Best of luck to you too peanuts. The only one I can't have is yours is Vicente- lugging top weight around Chepstow on bottomless ground. Ps I know native river did it last year but not in the same class imo!

• Options

I’m here at Chepstow. It’s bloody freezing.

Enjoy your day mate.
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

Best of luck to you too peanuts. The only one I can't have is yours is Vicente- lugging top weight around Chepstow on bottomless ground. Ps I know native river did it last year but not in the same class imo!

You may well be proved right Bob though, if you include near-misses, the record of top-weights in the Welsh GN over the years isn't as shabby as one might think.
    3/4 of the field today, incl most of the fancies are carrying weights that look a lot by historic standards for the race.
    We'll see.
    Biggest threats for me are Emperors Choice (might have a win saver) and Mysteree.
    All the best.
  • Options
    So many of the horses look like they've been laid out for the race, which is making it extremely difficult to call.
    MYSTEREE's record first time out in NY is amazing, coupled with enjoying the ground.
  • Options
    Can't see the race as out - mrs Molloy's birthday - so radio silence from me till I get to see it recorded later.
    TTFN
  • Options
    Peanuts you’re ridiculous lol
  • Options
    Genius.
  • Options
    Peanuts is our hero.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely outrageous...
  • Options
    Cheers Peanuts you beauty!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Brilliant @PeanutsMolloy
  • Options
    Well done Peanuts
  • Options
    Peanuts!!!!!! Well done, utter ledge
  • Options
    You've still got it @PeanutsMolloy !

Amazing!
  • Options
    Winner, second and the forecast.
    I know you’re off air till later, Peanuts - but where was the tricast ?!
    Legend.
  • Options
    Top man Peanuts.
  • Options
    If only old Buywise had a different jockey throughout his career, he’d have won a couple more.