Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    FUCKING SHIP IT LADS
  • Options
    So we're pretty much breakeven, if not in a small profit, after the first two races on my stupidly massive 15pt spread!

Enjoy the freeroll, if you happened to take me up on any of my tips
  • Options
    fuck me what a race congrats @PaddyP17
  • Options
  • Options
    2.00 Fairyland
    2.35 Crystal Ocean
    3.40 Caravaggio
    4.20 Winter
    5.00 Stradivarius
    5.35 Sixties Groove
  • Options
    What a day for me yesterday!

With three winners and a place, from an outlay of 15pts we saw a healthy total return of 26pts - meaning an 11pt profit!

And that's just from SPs - jumping on Big Orange when I'd mentioned would have seen us double our money over the day (was 8/1, SP 5/1).

Let's see if we can continue that good form today. Selections will take the same format as yesterday, with another 15pts spread across the card.

On the nose:

2.35 - Fairyland 1pt win @ 13/2; Black Sails 1pt win @ 9/1
    3.05 - Permian 1.5pts win @ 13/2 (NAP)
    3.40 - Bound For Nowhere 1pt win @ 8/1
    4.20 - n/a (hence two in the first)
    5.00 - Time To Study 1pt win @ 13/2
    5.35 - Wadigor 1pt win @ 6/1

Each-way:

2.35 - Different League 0.5pts e/w @ 25/1
    3.05 - Khalidi 0.5pts e/w @ 18/1
    3.40 - Intelligence Cross 0.5pts e/w @ 50/1
    4.20 - Precieuse 0.5pts e/w @ 11/1
    5.00 - Alqamar 0.5pts e/w @ 25/1
    5.35 - Petite Jack 0.5pts e/w @ 20/1; Red Galileo 0.5pts e/w @ 33/1

Lucky 15:

Alpha Centauri/Caravaggio/Winter/Crystal Ocean, 1.5pts (0.1pt per bet)

------------------------

Good luck everyone!

I'd recommend a Winter/Caravaggio double, too, probably. But Wesley Ward said that Lady Aurelia can't keep up with Bound For Nowhere in training (!!!!!!), so that's going to be very interesting.
  • Options
    2:30 Alpha Centauri
    3:40 Harry Angel
    5:35 Mainstream
  • Options
    think the 1st four races could go faves way.
  • Options
    Just the 1 for me today, Belgravia in the 5.00
  • Options
    bollocks! is it gonna be one of those days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And I'm off to a flyer!!!
  • Options
    FUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Decent.
    Have you got the first 2 in a Combo of some sort...?
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

Decent.
    Have you got the first 2 in a Combo of some sort...?
    Unfortunately not - way too many permutations for combos! Just the above as is (1 point being a fiver, tenner, whatever)
  • Options
    carravagio solid there.
  • Options
    Had Permian, Caravaggio & Winter treble :)
  • Options
    Nice one meldrew
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

Biggest accumulator win of my life yesterday - £6.30 10p per line e/w came in (all placed or won) at Ascot - paid £1000. Horses were;

Nyaliti
    Majeed
    Idaho
    Danzeno
    Tasleet
    Oriental Fox
    10-1, 25-1, 7-1, 9-2, 14-1, 16-1..... 2 X wins, 3 x 2nds + 1 x 5th........could easily have been £496,000!

I am definitely hooked now on e/w accumulators - usually only do win accumulators but the high odds looked attractive for a minimum of placement...as it so proved!

Cheers for the heads up
  • Options
    went to ascot Saturday wasnt the best, no one really cares about the racing more posing and getting selfies or looking for fights, had sod all winners, Limato costing me a small fortune.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

went to ascot Saturday wasnt the best, no one really cares about the racing more posing and getting selfies or looking for fights, had sod all winners, Limato costing me a small fortune.

Yes, we try and avoid Royal Ascot.
  • Options

Yes, we try and avoid Royal Ascot.
    Me too - I generally give it a wide berth. Brilliant racing ruined by idiots.

I love Ascot and the Champions Day is the best day for flat racing. There are also some great jump meetings there, especially the one just before Christmas which apart from the Cheltenham Festival is always my favourite jump racing day of the year.
  • Options
    The best days at Ascot are early October when they have a beer festival and racing.
  • Options
    Saw Florencio pick up second in a class 2 at Newcastle yesterday. Is that the same Florencio you used to own? @smiffyboy
  • Options
    Cafc95 said:

Saw Florencio pick up second in a class 2 at Newcastle yesterday. Is that the same Florencio you used to own? @smiffyboy

Yeah also saw that.
    50/1 as well.
  • Options
    Going to Sandown on Saturday. Anyone eyed anything up for the Eclipse?
  • Options
    I'll let you know Saturday evening
  • Options
    Cafc95 said:

I will be backing Barney Roy if he lines up, which seems likely.
    Will be interesting to see if he stays the extra 2 furlongs and, if he does, I expect him to win.
  • Options
    SDS riding Eminent. Must have a good chance .
  • Options

Cafc95 said:

I will be backing Barney Roy if he lines up, which seems likely.
    Will be interesting to see if he stays the extra 2 furlongs and, if he does, I expect him to win.
    If everyone does line up it does look a cracking race. Heart says Barney Roy to win and will probably back him at the track but Decorated Knight looks great odds for someone proven over 1m2f.