Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Absolute warrior - that race epitomised the horse.
    Very sad for all associated with him.
  • George Baker could have a very good evening at Kempton. Also very sad news regarding Many Clouds.
  • Lucy Verasamy at the ITV racing. Hmm, I'll have to watch more often.
  • bobmunro said:

Great racing today at Cheltenham and Doncaster - some short prices but all look nailed on (famous last words).

Melon definitely goes at Leopardstown tomorrow. Best price now for the Supreme is 10/1 but will be favourite after winning with ease tomorrow! If you are going to back it for Cheltenham then do so before 1.30 tomorrow!

That will do very nicely :)
  • RIP... Proper horse. The fact that I
    bobmunro said:

Great racing today at Cheltenham and Doncaster - some short prices but all look nailed on (famous last words).

Melon definitely goes at Leopardstown tomorrow. Best price now for the Supreme is 10/1 but will be favourite after winning with ease tomorrow! If you are going to back it for Cheltenham then do so before 1.30 tomorrow!

Didn't even touch the whip... Very impressive
  • Won very easily but it wasn't much of a race. Not much experience to take into a proper race at Cheltenham.
  • Won very easily but it wasn't much of a race. Not much experience to take into a proper race at Cheltenham.

The Supreme doesn't look much of a race to be honest and won't take a lot of winning. Melon has an enormous engine and Ruby was struggling to pull him up today, so getting up the hill at Cheltenham shouldn't cause too many problems.

In terms of experience, he will run at Leopardstown in February before going to Cheltenham.
  • bobmunro said:

Won very easily but it wasn't much of a race. Not much experience to take into a proper race at Cheltenham.

The Supreme doesn't look much of a race to be honest and won't take a lot of winning. Melon has an enormous engine and Ruby was struggling to pull him up today, so getting up the hill at Cheltenham shouldn't cause too many problems.

In terms of experience, he will run at Leopardstown in February before going to Cheltenham.
    I think that he will need that second run, in a tougher race, to prepare him for the Supreme. It's always a tough race to win, however it may look on paper.
  • bobmunro said:

Won very easily but it wasn't much of a race. Not much experience to take into a proper race at Cheltenham.

I think that he will need that second run, in a tougher race, to prepare him for the Supreme. It's always a tough race to win, however it may look on paper.
    Yes, there's no easy race at Cheltenham but it genuinely doesn't look as strong a field as usual in the Supreme. The Grade 1 at Leopardstown will be needed but I genuinely expect him to win that and then go on to win at Cheltenham - subject to some luck of course, not least injuries.

16/1 about a 4/1 shot will do me at this stage!!
  • bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Yes, there's no easy race at Cheltenham but it genuinely doesn't look as strong a field as usual in the Supreme. The Grade 1 at Leopardstown will be needed but I genuinely expect him to win that and then go on to win at Cheltenham - subject to some luck of course, not least injuries.

16/1 about a 4/1 shot will do me at this stage!!
    That's a very nice price indeed. It won't be 4/1 on the day if he's got Ruby Walsh on his back!
  • Sponsored links:

• got melon at 16's, very sad regarding many clouds at the weekend, think thistlecrack wont be winning the gold cup as nrnb will be backing djakadam.
  • already getting stuck into by the looks of it
  • smiffyboy said:

300 ACCORDING TO THEM 40/1
    320 PULSATING 9/1
    430 LANDSCAPE 9/1

These will be gambled. All got a chance.

Got this message earlier. Good luck if you fancy the gamble

Funnily enough I got a similar text earlier. By the time I'd received text & placed bets, ACCORDING TO THEM was 18s & LANDSCAPE 13-2
  • smiffyboy said:

That's what prices I got

Obviously word had spread very quickly
  • smiffyboy said:

320 PULSATING 9/1
    430 LANDSCAPE 9/1

Funnily enough I got a similar text earlier. By the time I'd received text & placed bets, ACCORDING TO THEM was 18s & LANDSCAPE 13-2
    I had a text earlier from a guy called 'Tight-Mouthed Larry' suggesting I put £500 on Sad Ken.

It could be the same source.
  • I'm always dubious of these 'plots' but at those prices they're worth a punt
  • Last time one of these trainer gambles became public knowledge they were all complete shite.
  • smiffyboy said:

320 PULSATING 9/1
    430 LANDSCAPE 9/1

Jesus... Just got 7s, 7/2 and 3s

Patented
  • All the prices are now sp only on bet365 for them 3 horses.
  • edited January 2017
    smiffyboy said:

2/1
    11/8
    13/8

This looks like a layer's coup, not a backers coup.

Back the second favourites - that's where the value will be!!
  • Sponsored links:

• smiffyboy said:

2/1
    11/8
    13/8

Treble has come in from 4000/1 to around 12s
  • edited January 2017
    Hmmmmmm. A horse racing group i'm in on Facebook claims to know the trainer....imageimage
  • bobmunro said:

smiffyboy said:

2/1
    11/8
    13/8

Not if the book's 150% it won't be. Bookmakers wouldn't do that would they?

Oh yes they would because, for example, Bet 365's book for the 3.20 reads Pulsating 13/8 (and it isn't even the favourite!), 4/5, 5/1, 7/1, 11/1, 14/1 & 16/1.
  • I would also point out it's over two years since the trainer last had a winner so, should all three go in, the trainer might just be called in for an explanation.
  • bobmunro said:

smiffyboy said:

2/1
    11/8
    13/8

Oh yes they would because, for example, Bet 365's book for the 3.20 reads Pulsating 13/8 (and it isn't even the favourite!), 4/5, 5/1, 7/1, 11/1, 14/1 & 16/1.
    Don't exaggerate - that book is 143.5% ;-)

Betfair by the way are currently betting to 148.6% - and the best price book is 117%

• bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

smiffyboy said:

2/1
    11/8
    13/8

Don't exaggerate - that book is 143.5% ;-)

Betfair by the way are currently betting to 148.6% - and the best price book is 117%

Joking aside Bob, those overrounds are shocking.
    Do bookies assume that all punters are stupid?