Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options

Whats the latest Bob?

See his drifted from 7/1 to 12/1 this morning on Bet365.

He's now being backed in - 8/1 with Laddies, 17/2 with Betfair.

He has an each-way chance, no more. I wouldn't recommend too much!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Latest from trainer - he's sharpened up from last race and will be bang on! It's a hotter race than Wetherby but still solid each-way. There are no negatives to report.
  • Options
    Had a fiver each way at 10/1.
  • Options
    Good luck bob
  • Options
    He clearly doesn't get anywhere near 2 miles - which is a bit of a handicap for a NH horse!

Greatrex has said that he's still off a good flat mark so we might be able to fiddle an AW handicap.
  • Options
    You would think that on his flat form, 2 miles over hurdles shouldn't be a problem. Looks like he needs to be taught to settle and to race less prominently.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

You would think that on his flat form, 2 miles over hurdles shouldn't be a problem. Looks like he needs to be taught to settle and to race less prominently.

You might be right. This from Warren:

Bob's Boy was running really well until his wind caught him out 3 out, Andrew looked after him after that point. He seemed fine after the race, my view would be to give him one more run so he gets a handicap mark which will then give us more options down the line. Andrew thought better ground and even a tongue tie could help him, but he still felt the horse ran a solid race and will win his fair share of races.
  • Options
    Definitely makes sense to get the handicap mark.
  • Options
    Annie Power will miss Cheltenham - leg injury.

Melon doubly entered this week - tomorrow and Sunday. Searching for the best ground but will definitely run in one of them.
  • Options
    sky bet are now nrnb across the 4 main races of cheltenham, so time to get some bets on, altough faugheen and douvan at prices of 4/6 and 1/3 are hardly value should do the business chuck in uknowwhatimeanharry and thistlecrack and a tasty looking 4 fold.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bob munro when you boys going nrnb
  • Options

bob munro when you boys going nrnb

We've been NRNB on the four championship races plus the Ryanair for a few days now!!
  • Options
    good man
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Annie Power will miss Cheltenham - leg injury.

Melon doubly entered this week - tomorrow and Sunday. Searching for the best ground but will definitely run in one of them.

Well, there goes my acca on her (4s for the Champ Hurdle), Vroum Vroum Mag (10/1 Ryanair), TC (7/1 GC) and Altior (5/2 Arkle). 2 quid would've returned 3 grand!

Not as much of a loss as my mate though, who probably had her in about 40% of his accas...
  • Options
    My 3 for the Thyestes chase are

PRINCE OF SCARS ew 8/1
    MEASUREOFMYDREAMS ew 12/1
    WOUNDED WARRIOR ew 25/1
  • Options
    bless the wings ew skybet paying 6 places has a good chance of placing.
  • Options
    Killermont Street e/w in the first at lingfield
  • Options
    possible coup tonight at dundalk;

eleuthora op 40/1 now 10/1
    opt out op 20/1 now 7/1
    palavincini run op 6/1 now 4/1
    el tran op 66/1 now 16/1
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Killermont Street e/w in the first at lingfield

Placed... Went off at 20s
  • Options
    Great racing today at Cheltenham and Doncaster - some short prices but all look nailed on (famous last words).

Melon definitely goes at Leopardstown tomorrow. Best price now for the Supreme is 10/1 but will be favourite after winning with ease tomorrow! If you are going to back it for Cheltenham then do so before 1.30 tomorrow!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Great racing today at Cheltenham and Doncaster - some short prices but all look nailed on (famous last words).

Melon definitely goes at Leopardstown tomorrow. Best price now for the Supreme is 10/1 but will be favourite after winning with ease tomorrow! If you are going to back it for Cheltenham then do so before 1.30 tomorrow!

Moon Racer's the one. Mainly cos Moon is my mum's name, and my friend raved about him for ages when he was 16/1, and is now 6/1, and I had a fiver at 16/1 so... Yeah.
  • Options
    Un De Sceaux and Thistlcrack double at evens is a license to print money
  • Options
    And that is where the novice can be found out. Jumping under pressure causes mistakes and takes it out of the horse.

• Options
    Really hope Many Clouds is OK
  • Options
    Ohhhhh no
  • Options
    So sad
  • Options
    RIP Many Clouds. The model stayer.
  • Options
    What a shame
  • Options
    Condolences to connections. Lydia is fighting back the tears.
  • Options
    So sad for Many Clouds. Won the race and looked really good and then that happened right after