Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    No Irish horses in King George poor turnout.
  • Options
    Thistlecrack machine
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I've got 2 VIP tickets in the Coral Marquee for tomorrow's Welsh Grand National at Chepstow as guests of coral. Comes with drink vouchers and food vouchers, I can't be bothered to go if anyone wants them collection from bexleyheath .
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Paddy Power Chase - 27 December - The Crafty Butcher

Opened at 10/1 last night with the sponsor, now 7/1. It's been laid out for this race and the connections are very confident.

Cheers Bob, had a little e/w on it.

bobmunro said:

Opened at 10/1 last night with the sponsor, now 7/1. It's been laid out for this race and the connections are very confident.

4-1 fav. Hope it does the business
  • Options
    Luckily got a nice chunk on early at 10's
  • Options

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

4-1 fav. Hope it does the business
    Gone for Colms Dream as well was 25/1 e/w.
  • Options
    Ruby Walsh gave that horse far too much to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    smiffyboy said:

Luckily got a nice chunk on early at 10's

Me too - and yes I agree Ruby should have been closer.
  • Options
    My boy, Bob's Boy, is entered for the 1.05 at Wetherby tomorrow - Andrew Tinkler booked for the ride.

Still waiting on a report from Warren Greatrex and will post as soon as I have info, but early signs are promising based on home work and a very good recovery from a minor wind operation. It seems he was running (pretty well - one win, two seconds and a third) on the flat with an undetected wind problem so significant improvement is expected. Let's hope he can jump!!

I'll keep you posted.

• Options
    Good luck Bob. Greatrex is the sort of the trainer you can trust what he says.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Good luck Bob. Greatrex is the sort of the trainer you can trust what he says.

Totally agree - one of the main reasons we chose him. He's as straight as a die and a really nice guy.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

My boy, Bob's Boy, is entered for the 1.05 at Wetherby tomorrow - Andrew Tinkler booked for the ride.

Still waiting on a report from Warren Greatrex and will post as soon as I have info, but early signs are promising based on home work and a very good recovery from a minor wind operation. It seems he was running (pretty well - one win, two seconds and a third) on the flat with an undetected wind problem so significant improvement is expected. Let's hope he can jump!!

I'll keep you posted.

He'll stand a good chance of finishing ahead of all in the 1:05 as he's entered in the 12:35.
    (Unless my racing post app is showing it wrong).
  • Options
    edited January 2017

bobmunro said:

I'll keep you posted.

He'll stand a good chance of finishing ahead of all in the 1:05 as he's entered in the 12:35.
    (Unless my racing post app is showing it wrong).
    Yes - the course must have juggled the card at the overnight decs stage. Trust me, it was originally the 1.05!

Speaking with Warren at 4'ish so more news then - but the overall feeling is it's a race we can win. (Note the 'can' not 'will')!
  • Options
    6.15 western prince.
  • Options
    Only bet of the day is Polar River in the 4:50 Meydan.
  • Options
    I'll stick to football
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I'll keep you posted.

Early prices up - 9/4 fav with 365 - best price 3/1 with Betfair.

Precautionary inspection at Wetherby at 8.00am but they are optimistic. Still waiting on details from the trainer on chances.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

I'll keep you posted.

Precautionary inspection at Wetherby at 8.00am but they are optimistic. Still waiting on details from the trainer on chances.
    Bet365 under the odds again Bob.
    Shocking!
  • Options

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

I'll keep you posted.

Shocking!
    But biggest on the next two!! ;-)
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow @bobmunro with Bobs Boy hopefully a winning debut.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

I'll keep you posted.

Shocking!
    Is that what's known as "paying for information from stable insiders?" In which case, I hope it cost them a bundle but still hacks up!
  • Options

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

I'll keep you posted.

Shocking!
    Is that what's known as "paying for information from stable insiders?" In which case, I hope it cost them a bundle but still hacks up!
    The info certainly didn't come from me - I'm loyal but I'm not stupid!!

Greatrex sends a horse all the way from Lambourn to West Yorkshire for a £4k juvenile hurdle may have something to do with it!!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

I'll keep you posted.

Shocking!

Greatrex sends a horse all the way from Lambourn to West Yorkshire for a £4k juvenile hurdle may have something to do with it!!
    C'mon Bob, don't mess around, just tell us if it's gonna win.
    We know you know. You've had plenty of time to get your money on; it's our turn now ;-)
  • Options

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

I'll keep you posted.

Shocking!

We know you know. You've had plenty of time to get your money on; it's our turn now ;-)
    I've backed it at 3/1 with Betfair and I believe that is still available. I'll likely back it again tomorrow when I can get a bit more on it!

Here's the Racing Post's summary which is pretty near the mark I believe.

Warren Greatrex has a 36% strike-rate here in the past five seasons and BOB´S BOY, who showed ability on the Flat at a modest level, is taken to make a successful hurdle debut in a race that could take little winning. Allfredandnobell and Dusty Raven were placed on their respective hurdle debuts, with the last-named feared most today. Jumps newcomer Gregarious is also respected for the in-form Lucy Wadham.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

I'll keep you posted.

Shocking!

I've backed it at 3/1 with Betfair and I believe that is still available. I'll likely back it again tomorrow when I can get a bit more on it!

Here's the Racing Post's summary which is pretty near the mark I believe.

Warren Greatrex has a 36% strike-rate here in the past five seasons and BOB´S BOY, who showed ability on the Flat at a modest level, is taken to make a successful hurdle debut in a race that could take little winning. Allfredandnobell and Dusty Raven were placed on their respective hurdle debuts, with the last-named feared most today. Jumps newcomer Gregarious is also respected for the in-form Lucy Wadham.
    Best of luck Bob.

• Options
    Florencio out tomorrow in the 4:30 at kempton drawn in stall 2 and will now wear a hood to try and keep him calm and focused, Botti feels he is in peak condition following his last run and with a decent break and better surface at kempton than Chelmsford feels with Kirby on board will go close. I bloody hope so Flo is becoming very frustrating recently, we know there is a good horse in there it's just getting him to spark again!!!!!
  • Options
    Good luck mate
  • Options
    Best of luck, Marc.
  • Options
    Bob's Boy - 3rd
  • Options
    Bob, why the fuck are you silks not red and white.