Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    Cheers, hope you were on .
  • Options
    sralan said:

Cheers, hope you were on .

I sure was, cheers.

• Options
    Pleased to hear it.
  • Options
    Flying Shadow 3.30 - not without chances. Worth a small wager.
  • Options
    American Tom for the JLT Novices achase
  • Options
    Becher Chase on Saturday. Peanuts, where art thou ?!
  • Options
    14/1 currently for american tom

gonna go for saint are in the becher i think.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

They sending him straight to fences then mate?
  • Options
    Becher Chase at Aintree today, maybe a few clues for next year's National ?
    Will probably back Alvarado and watch Moloney leave it too late but grab third as usual !
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

smiffyboy said:

They sending him straight to fences then mate?
    That's what I've been told mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Will probably back Alvarado and watch Moloney leave it too late but grab third as usual !

I've suffered enough already backing Moloney at Aintree so am going to oppose Alvarado with Midnight Prayer in the hope that they do go a real gallop and that the horse manages to hang on in there. (It's available at 28/1 with the bookies and at 32 on Betfair).

At least I know that Hutchinson will be trying to win the race - even if he doesn't get round!
  • Options

I've suffered enough already backing Moloney at Aintree so am going to oppose Alvarado with Midnight Prayer in the hope that they do go a real gallop and that the horse manages to hang on in there. (It's available at 28/1 with the bookies and at 32 on Betfair).

At least I know that Hutchinson will be trying to win the race - even if he doesn't get round!

Saint Are for me .. 3rd time lucky
  • Options

AA - I don't blame you !
    I actually fancy your choice plus King's other runner, Ziga Boy and Milborough.

Where's Peanuts when you need him !!
  • Options
    Paddy Power Chase - 27 December - The Crafty Butcher

Opened at 10/1 last night with the sponsor, now 7/1. It's been laid out for this race and the connections are very confident.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Paddy Power Chase - 27 December - The Crafty Butcher

Opened at 10/1 last night with the sponsor, now 7/1. It's been laid out for this race and the connections are very confident.

Cheers Bob, had a little e/w on it.
  • Options
    Bataka - 4.55 Chelmsford - big run expected.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Bataka - 4.55 Chelmsford - big run expected.

Was tipped this earlier... Fingers crossed
  • Options
    1.50 Chelt. Kylemore Loch. Big run expected!!
  • Options
    Florencio will make his debut for Marco Botti on Thursday at Chelmsford, Adam Kirby has been booked to ride him.
  • Options
    What are his chances Smiffy??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck tonight Smiffy. Cheekpieces for the first time .
  • Options
    9/2 on sky bet had a small wager on it.
  • Options
    Krackatoa King...... 1.05 Bangor.
  • Options
    sralan said:

Krackatoa King...... 1.05 Bangor.

You are on a good run, good luck!

• Options
    Thanks. If it doesn't do the business I'll be having words with Miss Lee when I see her :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    13.05 bangor

1st 7 Barton Gift 28/1
    2nd 10 Wellforth (IRE) 50/1
    3rd 9 Nail 'm (IRE) 5/1

think thats enough for one day.

anyone venturing to any racing over the festive period? lepordstown and kempton for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
  • Options
    A couple over the Christmas period to keep your eyes on
    BLAKLION (Wetherby 1.50)
    SHAAMA GRISE (Fontwell 2.50)

Also, interesting to see if Ruby comes over to Kempton for the ride on VVM in the hurdle, whilst giving up rides on Min etc at Leo.. if he comes over, i suggest they fancy it big style
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    very disappointing entries at Kempton on boxing day ... Christmas hurdle worth over £56,000 to the winner .. 5 entries including a no hoper who the trainer admits is there just to pick up prize money for (probably) coming a shabby last

in the King George .. one of the most famous and prestigious NH races in the UK .. worth nearly £120,000 to the winner, just five runners ... seems that only handicaps can attract decent fields nowadays .. owners/trainers just will not take on the big names in the listed races