Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    It's a bank holiday over there when the Melbourne Gold Cup is run. Know the bloke who the events organiser at Flemington Park, busy day for him yesterday.
  • Options
    Some absolute monstrosities there!
  • Options

Sickening incident at Kempton earlier. Tylicki came off one of the front runners and brought down three others in the pile up. He was taken to hospital via air ambulance and Crowley by road ambulance. I'll be very surprised if Tylicki hasn't been seriously injured, looked absolutely dreadful. All horses up and ok.

Awful news about Freddie:

Frederik Tylicki had emergency surgery on his spine after the massive pile-up in Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey.

But it has now been confirmed he only has movement in the upper half of his body.

Lisa Hancock, CEO of the Injured Jockeys Fund, says: “After his fall at Kempton Park Racecourse earlier this week, Freddy Tylicki was transferred to St George’s Hospital in London, where he has since undergone surgery to his spine.

"His surgical team have confirmed that Freddy has a T7 paralysis, which means he has movement in the upper half of his body but not his lower."
  • Options
    Absolutely awful. He's a proper hard working jockey as well. Terrible news, hopefully he is well looked after by the injured jockey fund.
  • Options
    Terrible news.
    Long road ahead for him, but hopefully he will get everything he needs to rebuild his life.
    Every racing fan will wish him well.
  • Options
    Terrible news about Freddy.
    Wish him well.

Steve Drowne should prob call it a day now.
  • Options
    Thanks Paul Moloney for yet another cracking waiting ride over the National fences. I thought I had done my money on Thomas Brown but should have known better.
  • Options
    Vautour been put down after a fall at the stables . Very sad
  • Options
    Fuck fantastic horse
  • Options
    avant tout also put down over the weekend, one that was shaping well, after tylickis fall actually went online and made a donation, bad to see 3 young jockeys on the front of the paper this morning over a gang rape charge.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Terrible news.
    Long road ahead for him, but hopefully he will get everything he needs to rebuild his life.
    Every racing fan will wish him well.

I visited Jack Berry House in Malton last year .. a fantastic facility .. if anywhere can sort out Tylicki it'll be here .. ..

It seems that falls on the flat are getting more frequent, though thankfully still quite rare .. more pressure on jockeys to stay with the pace, horses bunching as sprint finishes are getting more common .. more aggressive riding tactics ? .. who knows
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    b hughes form at musselbrugh today

old irish fella i know through work does jockeys through the card, wonder if he done him today

• Options
    edited November 2016

old irish fella i know through work does jockeys through the card, wonder if he done him today

he had a 10p lucky 63 on it returned £83.17 bearing in mind he does one pretty much every day him winning that is like throwing a deck chair of the titanic, although if the jock would have got up in the 2 2nd which he only lost by a neck would of been £5437.16
  • Options
    Is it possible to watch the Aussie/NZ races on UK TV? I can't seem to find it on At The Races or Racing UK.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Sire de Grugy .. Cue Card .. can't keep a quality old un from winning
  • Options
    cue card was brilliant on saturday, why wont any bookies let me place a double on cue card to win king george and cold cup which would be combined odds of 25.5/1 all sky bet offer me is a special which is 10/1, i thought it was ante post rules yet ive placed a few multi horse accas for the festival already.

thanks in advance
  • Options

cue card was brilliant on saturday, why wont any bookies let me place a double on cue card to win king george and cold cup which would be combined odds of 25.5/1 all sky bet offer me is a special which is 10/1, i thought it was ante post rules yet ive placed a few multi horse accas for the festival already.

thanks in advance

Because, in their eyes, the results are related e.g. if Cue Card does in the KG the actual odds for him to win the GC would be much much shorter.
  • Options

thanks in advance

Because, in their eyes, the results are related e.g. if Cue Card does in the KG the actual odds for him to win the GC would be much much shorter.
    ah i did think that, shame really as could of been a nice pay day. done the skybet special anyway as think he could do it would also land a mill for the owners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016

Brian Hughes 4/5 today at Sedgefield with one in the 3.20 to come
  • Options
    Daizy runs in the 3.20 Hereford. Just saying. Not a tip but I wouldn't recommend laying the beast ;-)
  • Options

Daizy runs in the 3.20 Hereford. Just saying. Not a tip but I wouldn't recommend laying the beast ;-)

Last
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Last
    It actually fell.
  • Options
    It will learn from its mistake though ;-)
  • Options
    Not going to post what I was going to as would have rightly got flagged.
  • Options
    Gino Trail..... 2.40 Ludlow. It's bloody cold there !!!!
  • Options
    was a good achievement for gordan elliot, but my only comment is in every race he had more than one entry for example the 5th race he had 9 runners in and was only 22 runners, so the chances of him winning were very much in his favour, one thing i find with irish racing is you can get multiple horses by same owners and trainers in the same race the amount of times you will see 6 gigginstown horses in the same race it gets on my nerves, and very hard to back because there all for the same owner whichever one of 6 wins results in profit.
  • Options
    Well played sralan.