Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    His last one is a non-runner now too.
  • Options

Huge Gamble overnight on Tim vaughns, 5 horses at uttoxer, bookies are already on to it though as sky bet would only allow me to place a 1.10 5 fold and a 7p lucky 31 dirty fuckers quite happy to take a bag on a footie result. Might not be any good horses but just thought would give a heads up.

http://myracing.com/potential-gamble-five-horses-uttoxeter/

First one 2nd
    and beaten by the second best that should have been the favourite. That was the value :)
  • Options
    7/1 the 2nd horse won at
  • Options
    Unraced Invitation Only is Mullins big hope for the Neptune 14/1
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    smiffyboy said:

Unraced Invitation Only is Mullins big hope for the Neptune 14/1

I hope you're right, Marc - it's also quoted in the Supreme Novices and my fear for Melon is that Ricci has a big hope in the Supreme and Mullins switches Melon to the Neptune.

Also, Faugheen will definitely go for the World Hurdle leaving Annie to win another Champion.

I'm expecting a lot more info on Mullins' plans and hopes in the next week or so and will share on here.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Thats what I've been told Bob and that is straight out of Mullins yard
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

My info too is straight from the yard. I have no doubt that Mullins will want to run Melon in the Supreme and Invitation Only in the Neptune - but Ricci is the spanner in the works.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

smiffyboy said:

My info too is straight from the yard. I have no doubt that Mullins will want to run Melon in the Supreme and Invitation Only in the Neptune - but Ricci is the spanner in the works.
    Which race is Ricci likely to run in then?

PS There's me thinking that bookmakers didn't have moles in the top yards. Probably another reason why the likes of Hills and Laddies kicked off so much at the advent of Betfair. And their reduced margins of course.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

bobmunro said:

smiffyboy said:

PS There's me thinking that bookmakers didn't have moles in the top yards. Probably another reason why the likes of Hills and Laddies kicked off so much at the advent of Betfair. And their reduced margins of course.
    This is in my personal capacity rather than in my role as a director of bet365!! I believe we are still top price on both selections. Bookmakers have always had work watchers reporting on gallops performances - always.

If Rich Ricci has a couple of top class novices then they will likely take their chance in the Supreme and the Neptune - and it's unlikely Melon or Invitation Only will oppose them if that's the case.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

smiffyboy said:

This is in my personal capacity rather than in my role as a director of bet365!! I believe we are still top price on both selections. Bookmakers have always had work watchers reporting on gallops performances - always.

If Rich Ricci has a couple of top class novices then they will likely take their chance in the Supreme and the Neptune - and it's unlikely Melon or Invitation Only will oppose them if that's the case.
    So that's how Mike Dillon got all his information - on the gallops ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

smiffyboy said:

So that's how Mike Dillon got all his information - on the gallops ;-)
    No, as you well know!! He got his information by being friends with every trainer and most of the wealthiest owners - I've seen his contact book!!
  • Options
    victoria pendleton will be part of the itv racing team, really think it will be dreadful ill stick with racing uk, do enjoy channel 4 coverage.
  • Options

victoria pendleton will be part of the itv racing team, really think it will be dreadful ill stick with racing uk, do enjoy channel 4 coverage.

Even worse - Mick Fitzgerald and Hayley Turnerv will be a prominent part of ITV but there's no vacancies for the likes of Nick Luck or AP McCoy.
  • Options
    At least Cumani's daughter is better to look at than Tanya Stevenson
  • Options
    Florencio at Kempton this evening, 7:50pm
    Looks to have a solid chance.
    Any news Smiffyboy?
  • Options
    Yeah, come on Smiffy, the price is dropping like a stone!! Your money ??
  • Options
    Haha sorry lads been stuck in meetings all morning, after an impressive run on the aw coming from the widest stall and running 4 wide around the bend to finish 5th in a blanket finish shows the aw has sparked him back into life. We felt he was outpaced in middle of his races coming off the bridle around 3.5f we have decided to up him to 7f, Muir thinks he will get it and we have a 5lb claimer in wood on board again, fingers crossed he runs another strong race and gets the win.

The reason for the money is the attached photo I think.
  • Options
    J Levins 4 runners all getting punted at Dundalk tomorrow, could have some weight as the track is bent as fuck.
  • Options
    bookies already onto it maximum bets of 5.50 on the fourfold and 69p on the lucky 15
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

J Levins 4 runners all getting punted at Dundalk tomorrow, could have some weight as the track is bent as fuck.

Which one's? He has more than 4 runners
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One in every race
  • Options
    5.30 palavinci run
    6.00 nothing
    6.30 deeds not words
    7.00 bective
    7.30 nothing
    8.00 rateel
    8.30 nothing
    9.00 havelock ellis - currently a reserve.

unless ive missed something??
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Well this is going well!
  • Options
    sralan said:

Irish Cavalier..... 4.0 Chepstow

Won today @ 16/1
  • Options
    Florencio moved this morning to Marco Botti's yard to give him a change of scenery and routine to hopefully freshen him up get him to progress.
  • Options
    Onefitzall running at Carlisle today.
  • Options
    Sickening incident at Kempton earlier. Tylicki came off one of the front runners and brought down three others in the pile up. He was taken to hospital via air ambulance and Crowley by road ambulance. I'll be very surprised if Tylicki hasn't been seriously injured, looked absolutely dreadful. All horses up and ok.
  • Options
    Both taken to hospital with suspected spinal injuries. Absolutely shocking . Hope they are both okay .