Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Cousins interview after Fleet game

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like a good lad, doesn't he? I hope he gets his chance in the middle this season. He definitely suffered for being moved right last season, even though he'd played there plenty in the youth teams.
  • Options
    Nothing on cafc player for the last five days despite signing a goalkeeper and the game at Ebbsfleet. The last thing was the highlights from the 2-0 win last Saturday. Nothing from Ebbsfleet. I know that it is only supposed to bring good news and stuff, but it certainly isn't a way to sell the service.
  • Options

Always says all the right things and sounds very mature for his age. Future club captain?

I doubt very much he will be with us long enough to be captain.
  • Options
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140725-cousins-on-pre-season-1782284.aspx

“Joe is 17 and I did what he is doing when I was 19,” said Cousins. "For him to do this at 17 is incredible.

“The way he has settled in is excellent. If he keeps going and keeps his head right then there is no doubt that he’s going to be a top, top player at this club.”

Really doesn't sound like a 19-year old when he comes out with comments like these... Sounds like someone much older and wiser.

Is probably a hidden attribute to his game as well.. i.e. takes a very calm measured approach
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Says the right things, but if you actually listen/watch him talk then he isn't the strongest of speakers. Bit like Shelvey. Not sure I could ever see him as a captain to be honest.
  • Options
    Was he not captain of one of the England youth teams? Must have something about him.
  • Options
    OK.
    Nothing on cafc player for the last seven days.
    In that time we have had two 'first team friendlies' and games at other levels. A promise of commentary that failed to happen. A new player signing, interviews to the papers from Bob Peeters, Reza returning from the World Cup, the pitch still developing....you get my drift?
    However yet another completely blank week.
    Now I think the player service is just about worth getting, but it tends to deliver inconsistent and often minimalist content. I heard about some geezer who is supposed to be all over communications in the network, perhaps this expert could devote a bit of time over here to advise how the cafc player service could be more attractive to more people.
    This week it has been about missed opportunities and dreariness.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Says the right things, but if you actually listen/watch him talk then he isn't the strongest of speakers. Bit like Shelvey. Not sure I could ever see him as a captain to be honest.

If you watch him on the pitch it's completely different, from when he first broke into the team straight away he was shouting, pulling and organizing people all over the pitch. Future Captain without a doubt, just hopefully it will be us. Saying that I think this season will be a massive test of his attitude as I perhaps see him out of the team with a few more Wide/striking options meaning Big Bob might fancy 4-4-2..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jordan Cousins total baller.

Really hoping for big things from him this season. He can be a real boss in the middle. He is up there with Parker, Shelvey and Bowyer in terms of the talents he has in his locker.

one day he will be keeping another charlton youth product out of the England team and I don't mean Jonjo.

10 goals this season
  • Options
    Something new on cafc player each day for the past three days which is better than it was before.
  • Options
    Panic over everyone