Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wearing the new Black Kit

One thing I noticed last night standing at pitchside was how much more difficult it is picking out players on the opposing side during the game.

Certainly hope away particularly when the lights are on we wear that multi coloured monstrosity instead.

Comments

• Options
    Might help us score a few goals with Churchy ghosting around the pitch. Maybe we could even field 12 players and get away with it.
  • Options
    perhaps I'm being superstitious but we don't seem to do well away when we wear the black kit?
    compare this to the Yellow kit...coincidence???
  • Options
    Think we'll be wearing the orange one away to Brentford, black white and red involved in their kit, perfect reason to give the monstrosity an airing! Plus as you say AFKA, alot more noticeable, last thing we want is a load of strangers in the same kit passing to the other kit all match ;-)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    MrOneLung said:

RedMist said:

perhaps I'm being superstitious but we don't seem to do well away when we wear the black kit?

What about Black sabbath? 2-4 at high bury.
    God my first ever Away match (Apart from the Wembley Play-Off Final)... What a game that was (especially after we'd been battered in the first 15mins)

Know I'm walking down memory lane a bit here but remember going into College after the Highbury match...

- One Arsenal fan on my course moaned that we didnt deserve to win...
    - My response: Why?
    - Cos we battered you in the first 15mins and should have scored loads
    - Yes but you didnt and we went on to score four so we took our chances
    - Doesnt matter!!
  • Options

One thing I noticed last night standing at pitchside was how much more difficult it is picking out players on the opposing side during the game.

Certainly hope away particularly when the lights are on we wear that multi coloured monstrosity instead.

Blimey .... I have been saying this for years, since that green/purple thing at the Victoria Ground in Stoke, when you would have thought the Charlton team were invisible. The club/ team should be making every advantage count and an away shirt that players (more than fans) can see out the corner of their eyes, etc etc ...

and dont get me started on swapping the dugouts ....
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

RedMist said:

Palace 1-0 win at selhurst, goal from Toddy
  • Options
    I remember when we played in grey for an evening match at The Old Den which had feeble floodlights. We lost of course but the players were not helped by the fact that they couldn't actually see where any of their team mates were on the pitch.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

RedMist said:

Palace 1-0 win at selhurst, goal from Toddy
    T'Barnsleh last year.
  • Options
    I always thought we did a lot better in Black than we did in Yellow. Saying that I had a yellow MESH away shirt and whenever it was worn we lost. I had to retire it about halfway through the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2014
    RedMist said:

Sheff Utd away comes to mind..
  • Options

Big fan of this
  • Options
    .....and man utd got laughed at for suggesting this was a factor in a poor 1st half performance against Southampton? A few years back.
  • Options

.....and man utd got laughed at for suggesting this was a factor in a poor 1st half performance against Southampton? A few years back.

It all does play a part, we are too nice
  • Options
    Happy days!
  • Options
    think i'm just nostalgic about those heady days of said yellow kit, memory plays tricks etc etc
    but why do we choose black over yellow, surely it's easier to pick out a team mate?
  • Options
    I loved the alternate third admiral kit in the late eighties which we wore in the midweek 2-2 draw at Highbury chanting "Yellows Yellows Yellows" it looked great under floodlights.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Big fan of this

I was in Madrid two weeks ago €85 just for the top without name numbers shorts etc

• Options
    RedMist said:

Arsenal 2 Charlton 4
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2014
    RedMist said:

Record away win in black, Barnsley 0 Charlton 6 :-0
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedMist said:

Record away win in black, Barnsley 0 Charlton 6 :-0
    I was there, that reminds me I must get my signed programme and teamsheet framed.
  • Options

Matt Holland there, pictured not getting stuck in..
    Always thought he was a useless b******!
  • Options
    edited July 2014

RedMist said:

Arsenal 2 Charlton 4
    But apart from this and 6-0 at Barnsley, and 1-0 at Palace... what has the Black kit ever done for us?
  • Options
    RedMist said:

RedMist said:

Arsenal 2 Charlton 4
    But apart from this and 6-0 at Barnsley, and 1-0 at Palace... what has the Black kit ever done for us?
    Like most other kits...............not a lot
  • Options
    Yeah, that red kit should be changed asap...maybe add some blue stripes to it!!!!!
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Yeah, that red kit should be changed asap...maybe add some blue stripes to it!!!!!

@iaitch‌ you were nearly my first flag victim then but I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt on this occasion :-)
  • Options
    Oh thanks I'm honoured, just having a laugh.