Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eh? Bartercard

edited July 2014 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140724-charlton-extend-bartercard-partnership-1779283.aspx

I can understand the last lot of cowboys resorting to this but I thought our new malevolent tradition trampling back stabbing master criminal was loaded!

Begs the question though, what have we got to barter with, Church's football boots (as new)?

Comments

• Hospitality packages would be my guess.
  • Ah yes!

Thanks
  • Ah yes!

Thanks

@ bank.

• Actually this is very good for the club. CAFC can trade surplus capacity (seats, hospitality, sponsorships, etc., or non-match day capacity such as meeting rooms at The Valley) for things that they would otherwise be spending cash on, such as the work at the ground. This saves the club significant amounts of cash!! About a quarter of the clubs in the Football League use Bartercard, as do thousands of other businesses across the country.
  • I work for a media agency and we use bartering, seems to work quite well to be honest.
  • One of the guys from Bartercard that was involved in the negotiations is a long term season ticket holder.