Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Real Madrid

Anyone on here been before , and got any tips on how to get tickets , recommendations of where to stay / travel tips , looking to do it as a special trip for my sons 18th, he's been through a lot recently in Great Ormond Street and could do with a break, help appreciated thank you.

Comments

• Options
    The stadium tour is incredible.

You start off at the very top of the stadium once you go up the escalator, and you can freely walk around the ground and sit in the dugout etc. Most impressive part is the trophy room, which gives you a real enormity of the club.

Look out for the replica model of the stadium, which is identical down to the final detail. Every one of the 80,000 seats covered.
  • Options
    I saw them against Betis last year. We bought tickets on the door, it’s best going to the stadium the day before though. You otherwise get told areas are sold out and you have to pay OTT. Obviously this depends on the fixture, only a couple per season are at full capacity. You can drink beer while watching and Charlton shirts are permitted.

Check to see if Getafe or Rayo Vallecano are at home and you can do two games in one trip. As an aside, I have never seen as many amazing bums as I did in that city.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ive been a couple of times plus done the stadium tour which is worth doing. Me and my mate got tickets on the night of the game against Bilbao, decent seats in the 2nd tier but they were a couple of rows apart so best to try getting them early or even the day before. Others were freebies for El Clasico as my mate worked for their sponsors. We were in the top tier which was a bit vertigo inducing so i'd try not to get tickets there.

I have stayed in different hotels in various parts of the city but the Metro system in Madrid is very good so you don't have to stay right on top of the Bernabeu. You could stay closer to Gran Via and take in some more of the other tourist spots if you get time.
  • Options
    I went few years ago when Beckham was playing for them v Seville - great game 3-2, Seville should have won if it wasnt for a bent ref.

I got my tickets by asking the concierge at the hotel - and if you palm them with enough pesetas then they will deliver the goods for you.
  • Options
    Tried to go, got lost, found the tennis club, gave up.
  • Options
    Best tour by a mile, wonderful stadium and history.
    Hope one of you knows Spanish as most of the locals didn't speak English, it isn't a coastal resort
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Flew out to Madrid Saturday morning with Easyjet, did the stadium & Museum tour Saturday , wowser!

Proper ground, loved seeing all the trophies, etc from times gone past, up until the modern day.

Went to the Royal Palace , paid 4 euros more to go round with an English speaking tour guide, who brought it too life.

Also went round the cathedral next door, but we gave the crypt a miss!

We went to the match on Sunday, and were both blown away with the atmosphere, the Real ultras were pretty good, unlike those soppy donuts down the road, in South East London.

Stayed in the Sheraton hotel , 1- 15 mins taxi ride from the ground, bumped into Javier Hernandez on loan from Man United in the reception getting out of his Porsche, the Bilbao team were also staying in the same hotel, would highly recommend , a few lads on the plane journey over were over in Madrid for a stag do and then onto the match which seemed like a laugh, oh how things have changed!