Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ravel Morrison

Comments

• Options
    Ross said:

Taken from Sky Sports:

The West Ham board and boss Sam Allardyce appear to be on collision course over the future of Ravel Morrison.

"Sam has said Ravel is not part of his plans but we do - as a board - see him as part of our plans"

Big Sam 1 David Sullivan 0
  • Options
    I wonder if the West Ham board are still trying to persuade Big Sam to play him when available
  • Options
    Ravel should be the first name on the England team sheet if only he had his head screwed on, such a talented player, such a waste of talent, what is wrong with some of these youngsters?
    Has the talent to be up there with Gascoigne sadly like the fore mentioned has a fecking screw loose.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

LOL

Always makes me chuckle when fans say "no thanks" who wouldn't come to our club in a million years anyway.

I believe there was a similar debate about Michael Owen after we just got promoted from League One!

Ravel should be the first name on the England team sheet if only he had his head screwed on, such a talented player, such a waste of talent, what is wrong with some of these youngsters?
    Has the talent to be up there with Gascoigne sadly like the fore mentioned has a fecking screw loose.

One of these players that by the time he gets some sense it will be too late.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I am sure there was someone on here who said they met him and that he was a cracking bloke!

Ahem.
  • Options
    He is a cracking bloke................if you compare him to Peter Sutcliffe!
  • Options
    Off to Lazio.

Rome is welcome to him.
  • Options
    Now playing in the Mexican league. Incredible how these players can fall so far. He was highly rated at Man United, but with an apparently appalling attitude. West Ham took a gamble, he had off field problems and we all know the rest. We have our own recent examples of players who seem to have the ability but attitude, or off field problems, poor career choices have led to sudden declines in their fortunes.
  • Options
    Now a free agent. Would anyone take a punt on him?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No, Maddison x 1000
  • Options
    No...as above
  • Options
    Maddison would look an angel by comparison.

I mean he is an angel by comparison.
  • Options
    If he has matured, probably.
  • Options
    2010–2012Manchester United0(0)
    2012–2015West Ham United18(3)
    2012–2013→ Birmingham City (loan)27(3)
    2014→ Queens Park Rangers (loan)15(6)
    2014→ Cardiff City (loan)7(0)
    2015–2019Lazio4(0)
    2017→ Queens Park Rangers (loan)5(0)
    2017–2018→ Atlas (loan)18(3)
    2019Östersund6(0)
    2019–2020Sheffield United1(0)
    2020→ Middlesbrough (loan)3(0)
    2020–2021ADO Den Haag4(0)

Amazed anyone is willing to take a punt on him with those stats (Apps (goals)). He's 28, he's leaving it a bit late in the day to sort himself out. Maddison was brilliant at Peterborough, he's just lost his way more recently - Ravel's been lost his whole career.
  • Options
    No, highly thought of a long time ago now, done nothing for years and a liability who will cause problems in the dressing room.  Is he still in the last chance saloon or is he a complete goner..
  • Options
    drewman said:
    Now a free agent. Would anyone take a punt on him?
    Apparently has offers from La liga and the Championship. No way he's dropping to league one yet.
  • Options
    No.

Didn’t realise he’s already 28. Will be interesting to see where his career goes from here. Always felt like he was a player expected to disappoint and waste his career, not surprised he has done exactly that. 
  • Options
    Can he play centre half?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Wouldn't ever consider signing him  , shocked he's still got Championship interest
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He seems to average around 10-games a season according to the above, the 4 appearances across 4 years at Lazio must be the high point. What a tit. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    What a waste of a career. He could have achieved so much. Ferguson clearly called it right when he offloaded him. Wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole though. 
  • Options
    Imagine had he reached his potential, England could have had both him and Foden in the Midfield!!

Never forget that performance for West Ham against Spurs
  • Options
    Karen Brady had him in at West Ham for a disciplinary. A friend of mine was at West Ham and was in the meeting. Morrison walked in 10 minutes late, sat down and put his feet up on the table. At the end of the meeting Brady asked him how he had spent the meeting jingling car keys when he was banned from driving. I was informed that is why he left West Ham. 
  • Options
    Can he play centre half?
    He can’t play right wing back ...... that’ll do nicely 
  • Options
    From what the West Ham players said it wasn't that he was unlikable, just utterly unreliable.  Nolan said they practiced early week on a shape where Morrison was crucial for the shape.  He then disappeared for a couple of days coming up to the match, and the team plan had to change day before the game.   It was about as explicit as he could be, that the squad started to reject him professionally and Allardyce virtually stopped playing him from then on.  But Nolan rejected that he wasn't liked.

He didn't skip training once, at least in the early days he did it at every club multiple times.  From his interview he states he left West Ham due to a contract dispute.  Clearly he still hasn't accepted his unprofessionalism is what's hinderred him.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    So some are now saying Ravel Morrison is a good option they would consider? But Marcus Maddison wasn't worth considering in spite of his talent?

I know which of the two is more of a wrong'un and the other is just misguided. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    - Article didn't fully load, comments withdrawn. 
  • Options
    Blokes a cock , will never change .