Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• So it's did to land at 12:10. I'm sure we ekll find out more then.
  • A lot of people seem to think it has not reached it's destination.... it's not due to land for 2 more minutes jeez.
  • According to China Central Television, the plane has crashed.
  • Yep twitter saying had to divert due to poor visibility and to avoid another aircraft
  • According to BBC website it was due to land at 5.10am our time, not 12.10pm
  • Air Algeria said on 24 July that it had lost contact with flight AH5017 around an hour after it left the capital Ouagadougou for the Algerian capital Algiers. The flight had been scheduled to depart at 00.45 (Burkina Faso time) and was scheduled to land at the capital's Houari Boumediene Airport (ALG) at 05.40 (Algeria time). The aircraft reportedly has approximately 110 passengers on board. Details are still emerging.
  • There's hardly any difference in times between here and Algeria (And Burkina Faso), so it should have landed a while ago.

Anybody who's flown in Africa will know that its not automatically thought of as a terrorist act - the quality of planes and maintenance is typically shocking.
  • edited July 2014

Hopefully things will be clarified soon and it just landed elsewhere.
  • edited July 2014
  • 13.57 An Algerian aviation official has told Reuters the plane has crashed

14.11 "I can confirm that it has crashed," the unnamed Algerian official who spoke to Reuters has said, declining to give details of where the plane was or what caused the accident.
  • Sponsored links:

• List of nationalities that was on board
    51 French,
    27 Burkina Faso
    8 Lebanese
    6 Algerians
    5 Canadians
    4 Germans
    2 Luxemburg nationals
    1 Swiss
    1 Belgian
    1 Egyptian
    1 Ukrainian
    1 Nigerian
    1 Cameroonian
    1 Malian
    6 Spanish (Crew Members)
  • The French Air Force claim to have located the wreckage.
    BREAKING: 2 French fighter jets located wreckage of Air Algerie flight in Mali, French defense ministry tells Fox News
    Looks like it could be the worst case scenario sadly. Utterly tragic if so.

Thoughts are with the friends and families.
  • Air travel is proving not to be the safest form of transport anymore. So sad.
    R.I.P to the lost.
  • RIP
  • Air travel is proving not to be the safest form of transport anymore. So sad.
    R.I.P to the lost.

Three recent tragedies but I'd wager it's still the safest.
  • 2 months ago it is entirely possible we wouldn't have really heard about this.

I may be wrong.
  • WSS said:

Air travel is proving not to be the safest form of transport anymore. So sad.
    R.I.P to the lost.

Three recent tragedies but I'd wager it's still the safest.
    By huge orders of magnitude the safest.