Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Lennon has gone on loan to Cambridge / Gillingham / Recalled

edited January 2015 in General Charlton
Harry Lennon has gone on loan to Cambridge United until January 3rd 2015

Comments

• Options

According to sky sports news

We are hearing Charlton Athletic defender Harry Lennon is set to join Cambridge United.

Think it's a good move for him and Charlton.
  • Options
    Possibly goin Cambridge?

Do you mean Possibly going to Cambridge?
  • Options
    @CAFCofficial: Imagine there's no Lennon, it's easy if you try... @HLennon94 has joined @CambridgeUtdFC on loan until Jan 3rd. #cafc http://t.co/Nh4t5xSuVB

Good luck Lennon I think it's a good move all round.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hopefully consistent League Two football will help Lennon like it did Pope the year beforehand.

Though it means that our CBs are under a bit more pressure with less depth.
  • Options
    good move for both parties I think. Not to far and not to close so good opportunity for him to mature
  • Options
    Nobody told me. Strange days indeed.
  • Options
    regular league 2 football did pope the world of good. Now grab that oppurtunity with 2 hands lennon!
  • Options
    Seems like a good idea to me. All the best Harry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good loan move for Harry. Hope Dillon Phillips gets a similar loan move too.
  • Options
    Excellent thread titling Paulie, have a like :-)

Good luck Harry. Be interesting to see how he develops.

I'm not expecting Bikey or TBH to stay injury free though, wouldn't be surprised to see a centre half loan arrive at some point before window end
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Hopefully consistent League Two football will help Lennon like it did Pope the year beforehand.

Though it means that our CBs are under a bit more pressure with less depth.

Not sure about that, we now have 4 with Moro, Bikey, TBH and Gomez (whom BP looks like prefers over Lennon at this Juncture). I think Cousins and Fox have both played CB for the youth team, maybe @dickplumb can confirm.
  • Options
    Yes both Jordan Cousins and fox have played at Centre half. I wouldn't like to see either of them there. We are supposed to be interested in Baudrey of Leyton Orient. Apparently he has a 200000 pounds buy out clause in his contract.
  • Options
    The boy needs games so a spell in league 2 will do him good.
  • Options

regular league 2 football did pope the world of good. Now grab that oppurtunity with 2 hands lennon!

He's not from The West Counrty then...
  • Options
    Very positive in my view a good move for both him and us.

With Gomez emerging I do not think we need an extra CB ,but if we did go for another one then Baudry would be excellent . If he really has got a £200k release clause then it is a no brainer and the O's did sign Shane Lowry from the Spanners yesterday.
  • Options
    I hope the experience does him the world of good, all the best Harry.
  • Options
    From the little I've seen of him (Wigan away) he looks a great player already. Hopefully he'll be well and truly ready for the first time when he comes back in January.
  • Options
    Go on lad make a name for yourself become a working class hero
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting feedback from the other end . Richard Money quote.

Harry’s a young player we’ve seen a lot of and we’re really grateful to Charlton for letting us have him,” said head coach Richard Money.
    “He’s really highly thought of and we like him a lot. He’s left-footed, quick and a good defender who uses the ball well.
    “They (Charlton) think he’s going to be a star in the future, so they’ve reached the stage where they want to get games into him.
    “He can cope with what we’re going to put him through here, there’s no doubt about that, and I think he makes the group stronger.”

Read more: http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Sport/Cambridge-United/On-loan-Charlton-defender-Harry-Lennon-could-be-a-real-hit-for-Cambridge-United-20140723070200.htm?#ixzz38HShXQIp
    http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Sport/Cambridge-United/On-loan-Charlton-defender-Harry-Lennon-could-be-a-real-hit-for-Cambridge-United-20140723070200.htm?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Sport/Sport-headlines/Cambridge-United-sign-defender-Harry-Lennon-from-Charlton-Athletic-on-loan-20140722165919.htm
  • Options
    Good luck to Harry... Lets hope the loan move to Cambridge works out how it did for Nick Pope

I do sometimes wonder though how the smaller clubs know about the Youth Players of Premier League and Championship sides... No disrespect to them in the slightest but it reminds me of Dillon Phillips (Whitehawk) / Harry Osborne (Sutton United) and a couple of Youngsters who went to Hastings on Loan (Cant remember their names now though).

Its not like these clubs can afford a number of Scouts and wonder if its simply a case of Charlton faxing an advert out to clubs in whatever Division they want X Player going to and waiting for a response.
  • Options
    It says in the article on Cambridge's website that their chief scout Ben Strang watched Lennon play for our u21s. He was a youth player here about 8 years ago so may have contacts at the club. Saying that it also mentions a good relationship between the clubs, Stavrinou as well as Pope went on loan there in the last few years.

http://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/news/article/harry-lennon-joins-cambridge-united-1774182.aspx
  • Options
    Pleased we're sending out our younger players to league clubs, shows we think they're of better quality than previous years and if they come out the other side they will have useful experience rather than playing at conference North level which doesn't really tell you anything.

FA I would imagine we contact clubs in the semi local area who play in L1/2/Conf and let them know a list of potential loan signings (probably including Phillips and a couple of others at this stage) and they let us know if its a position they need.
  • Options
    We signed Phil Chapple from Cambridge, so maybe he still has contacts there
  • Options
    Cambridge also have the "continental" head coach and director of football model.

For a club at their level prem and championship's reserves and U21 squads would be their main scouting targets I would have thought. It's where they can pick up bargains and loans that improve their team at a reasonable cost.

As Scoham says they seem to have loaned a few of our players recently so maybe there is a good relationship in place.
  • Options
    Starts for Cambridge tonight away at Crawley in the JPT
  • Options
    Has he even played for them before now?
  • Options
    Ah the jpt, a trophy that makes the league cup feel great about itself
  • Options

Ah the jpt, a trophy that makes the league cup feel great about itself