Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leon Cort announces retirement

Know he posted on here a while ago, best of luck to you Leon if you're reading..

Interesting he had the opportunity to continue playing, but opted to call it a day.

Really rated him, thought he was absolutely quality for us.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/blues/11354629.Leon_Cort_confirms_retirement_and_will_not_be_coming_back_to_Southend_United/

Comments

• quality stalwart, respect leon.
  • Good luck in the future, not the most talented but a consummate professional.
  • Good player, good guy, and good luck Leon.
  • One of the most committed players I have ever seen I'm a Charlton shirt. True professional who gave his all. And like the best of professionals, he quit at the top.
  • All the best Leon, thanks for always giving your best, and putting your head in where it hurts, always a welcome at the valley for you.
  • Solid player and a great guy, all the best Leon
  • Cheers to you, Leon, for being part of the best Charlton squad in recent memory. Good luck with your next move!
  • Sponsored links:

• Many thanks, Leon. You wore the shirt with pride and represented us well. Best of luck with whatever you do. :-)
  • thanks Leon for your time and Charlton and best of luck for the future
  • Shame, hope he has a good career in whatever he decides to do.
  • edited July 2014

I reckon he will be signing for Brighton tomorrow.

Nah he wanted to head back north, north of the river, Southend...

Good luck Leon
  • Thanks Leon, and all the best for the future.
  • Good player. Shame injuries restricted the amount of games he played for us. All the best for the future Corty
  • Good luck Leon. Great pro and a great bloke, sure he'll do well whatever he ends up doing.
  • Good luck Leon and thanks.
  • Thought he was our best centre half.

Thanks for the Birmingham away moment, good luck.
  • Have a lot of time for Big Corty, played a big part in the League one championship winning season as well as the start to the Championship season, full of heart and commitment and a massive moment his goal against Birmingham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry to see him leave and pack it in. I thought he was very reliable. God luck.
  • Thanks for all your efforts Leon and all the best for the future.
  • Good luck Leon. One of my favourite players.
  • Shame, wish him well.

I'll never forget the part he played in the 9-man victory at Oldham in the League 1 title winning year. Remember going to a party that night once I got back from Oldham and absolutely raving about how well he played.
  • Good luck big Leon.
  • Birmingham away goal was insane. Cheers Leon and good luck.
  • Great professional. The Birmingham celebrations were top class. Good luck in the future mate.
  • Leon was a worthy recipient of the shirt and I've enjoyed having the big man at our club. Wish him all the best for the future.
  • Best wishes Leon and thank you