Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Whats happened to Astrit Ajdarević?

Are we going to try to get him back or are we now looking at better permanent deals?

Comments

• cafckev said:

Are we going to try to get him back or are we now looking at better permanent deals?

Don't think Bob fancies Astrit.

• Think he could be the creative spark in midfield I believe we need. Especially if fit.

Can't see it though, would have happened by now if it was going to.
  • Full marks for the spelling in the topic title. Congratulations.
  • No point trying to get him back, he'll play for Standard a lot this season with a proper pre season under him.
    Same as Petrucci, he won't be anywhere near us next year either, but will end up at Cesena or Bologna or somewhere else in Italy.
    I think we will end up signing a young playmaker on loan from a prem club, I wouldn't mind Eisfeld from Arsenal or Lingard from Man Yoo personally, but both are probably out of reach.
  • A shame IMO, i would have been really happy to have him back, had that bit of creative magic about him.
  • cafckev said:

He was quoted to say he probably would, not he's not after anything long term.

• edited July 2014

cafckev said:

The only proof we have for this was what the guy who worked at Eurotunnel said.

Interestingly though , everything else he has said has been quite accurate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dont quote me on this but I'd heard he was last seen being wheeled around Belgium in an iron lung.
  • Gudmundsson, Moussa, & Harriott should be pretty creative. Wouldn't mind another though.
  • THEMCA said:

Gudmundsson, Moussa, & Harriott should be pretty creative. Wouldn't mind another though.

If/when he turns up
  • edited July 2014
    Reza, Vetokele and Tucudean. Think it's not too bad from what I've seen.

As an out and out winger Harriot is always going to drift in and out of games in my opinion
  • He loved the valley cafe so much that he's now the head chef there.

Bork Bork Bork
  • May I be the first..........move on.
  • Dont quote me on this but I'd heard he was last seen being wheeled around Belgium in an iron lung.

Completely Out of order sir.

• dizzee said:

THEMCA said:

Gudmundsson, Moussa, & Harriott should be pretty creative. Wouldn't mind another though.

I don't think Harriott is the creative type.

When we talk creative, I'm looking for a bankrupt man's Pirlo. That type of central player who threads the ball to a player nobody else has picked up, and a pass that nobody in the crowd spotted. Harriott is more of a winger who will run at people, cross it or thread a nice ball through once in a while.
    Like Andy Reid
  • Reference Astrit, I seem to recall a suggestion from Bob of disappearing out of the game, and a lack of consistency. Certainly the first time I saw him at the Valley he had a fantastic game, but he never looked that good again to me. I think Bob (backed by Roland) is pretty clear about what he wants, and we are about to see more exciting football ( even if not always winning) this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Completely Out of order sir.

Forgive him, just a duff comment.
  • Still following him on Twitter. Seems to have been travelling around and playing for SL in pre-season. His profile picture (for what its worth) still shows him in a Charlton shirt...
  • colin1961 said:

Peeters said he was not interested in him so he is back at standard

When did Peeters say he was not interested in Ajdarevic?
  • On the bench for Liege tonight.
  • Takes the meaning of having a strong bench to a new level.
  • edited July 2014
    Liege won 3-0 - Astrit came on in the 73rd minute.
  • What , he lasted 10 minutes, unbelievable.