Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

8 Signings now

edited July 2014 in General Charlton
So with Henderson signing a 3 year deal he has now become our 8th summer signing

I think this should now lay to rest all the RD doubters, obviously we need to see how these players do but IMO he is trying to improve the squad and I look forward to the season ahead

Comments

• Options
    could there be a 9th...?????
  • Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

come on spill the beans, what do you know
  • Options

cafc999 said:

come on spill the beans, what do you know
    Just speculating
  • Options

We hardly had a choice but to replace the long list we let go. Obviously it's nice to have 8 signings even though I have no clue how good bad some of them are but we had to make 7-8 or even more signings just to put a realistic squad out if we want to improve on last season.

My point was some people was saying RD did not have the teams best interest at heart, everyone one of our signing would come from SL(which less than half have)
    but IMO the signing we have made in some cases are better than the players we let go
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh Henry. If we have to wait 3 months to see how everything pans out, this site will grind to a halt and the mass frothing at the mouth / excitable hysteria that exists, will have found an historic cure. The Lancet will be looking for quotes though!

Never gonna happen!

;-)
  • Options

We hardly had a choice but to replace the long list we let go. Obviously it's nice to have 8 signings even though I have no clue how good bad some of them are but we had to make 7-8 or even more signings just to put a realistic squad out if we want to improve on last season.

My point was some people was saying RD did not have the teams best interest at heart, everyone one of our signing would come from SL(which less than half have)
    but IMO the signing we have made in some cases are better than the players we let go
    Gudmansen (sp) looks a step up from Danny Green I agree : -)

But let's wait and see if Henderson is better than Alnwick, Buyens better than Poyet, Ben Haim better than Dervitte, Bikey better than Cort.

I think it is an exciting set of signings especially attacking wise and I'm looking forward to the season but just as it was too early in May to bemoan the number and quality of signings it is too early now to say if we'll have a better team or do better than last year. Yet.
    Surely that should be Henderson and Hamer, Alnwick was long gone by the end of the season
  • Options

But let's wait and see if Henderson is better than Alnwick, Buyens better than Poyet, Ben Haim better than Dervitte, Bikey better than Cort.

I think it is an exciting set of signings especially attacking wise and I'm looking forward to the season but just as it was too early in May to bemoan the number and quality of signings it is too early now to say if we'll have a better team or do better than last year. Yet.
    Surely that should be Henderson and Hamer, Alnwick was long gone by the end of the season

But Alnwick is available and better, IMO, than Hamer anyway.
  • Options

Less than half - that's still an awful lot of signings from a single source Paul. If in some cases the signings are better than the ones we let go, the inference is that in other cases they are not... Wouldn't it have been better for the team to have kept the better ones rather than replacing them with inferior players?

Why don't we all do the sensible thing, and wait until we have seen half a dozen league games before making decisions as to whether the club/team has improved?

We have signed 3 standard Liege players
    Liverpool have signed 3 Southampton players
    somehow I doubt there fans are moaning or have been moaning a much as ours
    if there was not connection with SL and we signed 3 of their players would fans be moaning no
  • Options

if there was not connection with SL and we signed 3 of their players would fans be moaning no

1. Who's moaning?

2. But there IS a connection with SL. That is the reality.

• Options

But the whole point was not about who is available it was have we improved on what we had at the end of last season, which is why you compared Buyens, Ben Haim Bikey and Gudmundsson to Poyet, Dervite, Cort and Green
  • Options
    I personally feel more confident with the current squad than I did this time last year..................
  • Options

But the whole point was not about who is available it was have we improved on what we had at the end of last season, which is why you compared Buyens, Ben Haim Bikey and Gudmundsson to Poyet, Dervite, Cort and Green

Might have been your point, it wasn't mine. : - )
  • Options

1. Who's moaning?

all summer people have been moaning, I am not saying everyone but yes people have been moaning
    and yes there is a connection but why should that make people annoyed that 3 of our 8 signing have come from there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Might have been your point, it wasn't mine. : - )
    But it was my point and you wrote a comment about MY point
  • Options

1. Who's moaning?

all summer people have been moaning, I am not saying everyone but yes people have been moaning
    and yes there is a connection but why should that make people annoyed that 3 of our 8 signing have come from there

You keep putting phrases like "annoyed" into people's mouths. AA didn't say that.

You raised the issue of players coming from SL, no one else.
  • Options
    When are we gonna get an updated squad list feel like we could do with another one...
  • Options
    edited July 2014

1. Who's moaning?

You keep putting phrases like "annoyed" into people's mouths. AA didn't say that.

You are honestly yelling me not one single person has made a bad comment about players coming from SL
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Very good pointHenry,

Paulie i think you are slightly over thinking some off the reactions on here, for the first time in a while we are very positive going into the new season

1. Who's moaning?

Very good point Henry,

Paulie i think you are slightly over thinking some off the reactions on here, for the first time in a while we are very positive going into the new season
  • Options

When are we gonna get an updated squad list feel like we could do with another one...

your wish is my command
  • Options
    I'm not going to be happy until we're 20 points clear with 2 games to go.
  • Options
    I'm always been optimistic, but it's clear that RD is at least attempting to improve the squad. Whether he has or not, we'll know very shortly.

Regardless, we have a tough season ahead. Just looking at our first 2 home games (Wigan & Derby) is a reminder that points are going have to be fought for and that even if our signings prove to be as good as we would hope, a lot will depend on how good Bob Peeters is as a manager, tactician and motivator. 46 hard games coming up.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Less than half - that's still an awful lot of signings from a single source Paul. If in some cases the signings are better than the ones we let go, the inference is that in other cases they are not... Wouldn't it have been better for the team to have kept the better ones rather than replacing them with inferior players?

Why don't we all do the sensible thing, and wait until we have seen half a dozen league games before making decisions as to whether the club/team has improved?

We have signed 3 standard Liege players
    Liverpool have signed 3 Southampton players
    somehow I doubt there fans are moaning or have been moaning a much as ours
    Oh come on mate, now you are just being argumentative for the sake of it. Liverpool have signed two well known England internationals proven at Premier league standard ( who is the third?) , we have signed three blokes we had never heard of until recently.

And if you care to answer my point about inferior players... :-)

Oh, and as Henners said, I am not moaning, just putting across what I see as a more realistic view.