Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

James Garner

Of the Rockford files and The Great Escape has died aged 86 Rip

Comments

• Another childhood legend of mine passing, I loved the Rockford files on a Saturday afternoon
    RIP
  • Only saw Hendley in The Great Escape again the other day. Used to enjoy The Rockford Files as a kid & dad always enjoyed his westerns & the Maverick series.

Rest in Peace Jim
  • Loved the Rockford files growing up, rip James.
  • Great Actor. Loved watching the Rockford Files as a teenager. RIP James Garner
  • RIP. Another favorite from my childhood checks out.
  • loved the rockford files.

r I p james.
  • Maverick. R.I.P.
  • vffvff
    edited July 2014
    My Nann, who also took my brother and me to Charlton games when kids, had a thing for James Garner. She loved the Rockford Files.

RIP
  • Takes me back to my 70's youth. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP.

Did he ever finish the house he was building in the Rockford files?
  • Rip.

Loved him in Rockford Files and it had best theme tune ever.
  • RIP

Maverick and Rockford both some of my favourites
  • Maverick, my swoon and heartthrob to pre-pubescent convent girls everywhere! RIP.
  • Another good one lost to us. RIP.
  • haven't heard this theme tune in a while.

http://youtu.be/yg1Cx26-928
  • One of those guys who didn't look like he was acting, which probably means he was a very good actor indeed. Like most people I watched the Rockford files avidly, but I'll always remember "Support your local Sheriff"- a gloriously silly Western he was in which still makes me chuckle seeing it for about the 10th time. RIP.
  • One of those guys who didn't look like he was acting, which probably means he was a very good actor indeed. Like most people I watched the Rockford files avidly, but I'll always remember "Support your local Sheriff"- a gloriously silly Western he was in which still makes me chuckle seeing it for about the 10th time. RIP.

And a great example of his effortless style BW.

Again RIP
  • I also thought he was brilliant in Support your local Sheriff & Support your local Gunfighter, as well as the Marlowe film where Bruce Lee tries to karate kick him, Garner dodges, and Lee sails off the side of the skyscraper.
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP James. Loved The Rockford Files.
  • One of my favorite programs as a kid 'The Rockford Files'. Great Actor. RIP