Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Top Five.....Most disliked music artists/bands

Comments

• Options

UB40's early stuff was alright. '1 In 10' is a classic song and still lyrically relevant to a point.

just look at their name, a key to the times. and absolutely dead on for a period, but they soon drifted musically, if not lyrically....
  • Options
    Wet wet wet, loved them and they've been put, take that (let's just say I'm one of those fans that called the special samaratin number that was set up when they split originally in 96, they said to me they'd get back together and they did, better than ever, but they've been put up. :-( so has oasis (are you mad (for it)) my child hood/teenage years are shattered I'm just glad no one has put Jason Donovan or Bros!
  • Options
    Coldplay, muse, placebo ( i hate em, hate hate hate), Bieber and One Direction
  • Options
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    The Stone Roses
    Mumford And Sons
    James Blunt
    Arctic Monkeys
  • Options
    Queen (genuinely sends me into a blinding rage)
    U2
    Oasis
    The Eagles
    Bob Dylan (his music is fine, just not performed by him)
  • Options
    As someone else said, pop, X Factor, The Voice, reality star, appeared on *insert reality show*, now releasing a single 'artists' deserve little respect or recognition, BUT apart from that I would struggle to make a list of 5. I used to be so closed minded with music but opening it was one of the best things I did. If I had more time or could afford not to work, I'd spend as much time as possible exploring new genres and artists. Yes the technological age has highlighted a lot of dross, but it's also made a mass of genres and artists instantly accessible. Use it. Explore. Expand your horizons. Anyone who puts effort, passion and heart into their music is fine by me.

I remember at school we used to laugh at the kids with 'Korn' and 'Slipknot' written on their bags but now I think why? I've never even heard one of those songs yet I judged the whole genre as 'music I don't like'. I was at Eminem on Friday and 80,000 people were unified by his music. If any artist can even get close to those numbers, I want to hear them/see them and see what the fuss is about.
  • Options

Pop artists don't count for me. They're not musicians - they're manufactured entertainers. I deplore the way their overtly sexualised performances and 'personalities' are foisted on the young, but don't count them as musicians at all

My 5

Paul Heaton/The Beautiful South/Housemartins - absolute, unadulterated shite.

Arctic Monkeys - pretentious tripe - like a shit Northern Jam tribute act

James Blunt - Jesus Henry Christ, wtf was all that about?

Will. I. Am. - no you fucking ain't

Motley Crue - Worst. Band. Ever.

with you on 3/5 leroy, but paul heaton & assorted bands? for me, eloquence + wit + a top tune highlights his best work, though i do agree, sometimes, there's too much wordplay at the expense of the tune, but hard to understand how such an understated, sincere man can attract such a top 5 worst inclusion? am i missing something, as he is included by a couple of people on this thread?
  • Options

Pop artists don't count for me. They're not musicians - they're manufactured entertainers. I deplore the way their overtly sexualised performances and 'personalities' are foisted on the young, but don't count them as musicians at all

My 5

with you on 3/5 leroy, but paul heaton & assorted bands? for me, eloquence + wit + a top tune highlights his best work, though i do agree, sometimes, there's too much wordplay at the expense of the tune, but hard to understand how such an understated, sincere man can attract such a top 5 worst inclusion? am i missing something, as he is included by a couple of people on this thread?
    he does have a bit of a phlegmy voice. i'll give you that;>)
  • Options
    U2
    UB40
    Pink Floyd (after Syd)
    Iron Maiden
    Coldplay
  • Options
    U2
    Queen
    Annie Lennox
    Foo Fighters
    Mumford and Sons (but don't tell Kimbo)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bugger. I forgot Sinéad O'Connor . Horrible woman.
  • Options

My 5

I'm particularly puzzled about that one too...
  • Options

Bugger. I forgot Sinéad O'Connor . Horrible woman.

no surprise eh beds, sineaddddd, i loves yer, musically, and on lotsa levels:>) there aren't many artists who can carry a whole album - she is one such...though i can understand why she has a polarizing effect.
  • Options
    I forgot to include Paul Weller. All his solo songs sound the same. The Jam were ok, but overrated. The Style Council were good but all the Wellerbores will tell you it was his worst period. Solo stuff = ageing mod dishwater. For some reason, people think it's cool to name drop Weller and his contribution to popular music. Don't get it at all. He probably is mates with Bono too.
  • Options
    kafka said:

I forgot to include Paul Weller. All his solo songs sound the same.

we are treading on hallowed ground there kafka, but i'm with you on paul weller's workmanlike solo stuff.

• Options
    the smiths
    the smiths
    the smiths
    the smiths
    the smiths
  • Options

the smiths
    the smiths
    the smiths
    the smiths
    the smiths

you are right, they are sooo good, you nominated them 5 times! a british treasure!
  • Options

Queen

Freddie Mercury

Queen

AC/DC

Queen

I know what I'm playing on our next away trip then :)

• Options

UB40's early stuff was alright. '1 In 10' is a classic song and still lyrically relevant to a point.

but then they went all 'redredwine' :(

• Options
    I didn't mind UB40 until that song.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Queen
    Pink Floyd
    Deep Purple
    Black Sabbath
    Jethro Tull
  • Options

Queen

Freddie Mercury

Queen

AC/DC

Queen

I know what I'm playing on our next away trip then :)

pleased to see queen getting lotsa "love" on this thread...couldn't get near them, apart from under pressure(w/bowie tho) & bits of radio gaga.
  • Options
    Justin Bieber
    The Beatles
    Michael Jackson
    U2/Bono
    Oasis
  • Options
    It's quite simple re: Paul Heaton.

He's a cunt.
  • Options

but then they went all 'redred WHINE' :(

Corrected that for you.
    And that's the trouble with UB40, that blokes f***ing nasally, whining voice
  • Options
    Really disappointed with bands/artists who start off with some great and original music, but then turn into parodies of themselves who are so far up their own backsides they need breathing apparatus. I give you:

The Police
    Sting
    U2
    Bono
    Coldplay
  • Options
    Savage Garden (worst band ever)
    Linken Park
    U2.
    Cradle of filth.
    Oasis
  • Options
    Beyonce - if i wanted to hear someone shouting incoherent rubbish i'd go listen to a drunken tramp arguing with himself
    Will.I.Am - beyond shite
    Katie Melua - so easy on the eye. So painful on the ear
    Morrisey/Smiths - yaaaaaaawn
    Iggy Azalea - incredible how someones voice can bring on the need to vomit
  • Options

but then they went all 'redredwine' :(

The Tony Tribe version (it was originally written by Neil Diamond) on Trojan Records is quality.