Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Top Five.....Most disliked music artists/bands

Comments

• Options
    Justin Bieber
    Coldplay
    Rihanna
    One Direction (Majority of Cowell's produce)
    Radiohead
  • Options
    Stunned about the smiths, Colin Murray said as much a few weeks back on Talksport, if you don't get the smiths then you are wrong :-)
  • Options
    Ps......... Dickplumb, your on my list and I'm coming for you
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Ps......... Dickplumb, your on my list and I'm coming for you

Didn't have you down as a Miley Cyrus fan DA9

:)

• Options
    The Beautiful South

The Libertines

Van Morrison

Toyah

Wet Wet Wet

• Options

ditto many on here. miley, queen, bieber, puff, buble etc. etc., but for me, one blight on the planet tops the lot:
    ted nugent
    ted nugent
    ted nugent
    ted nugent
    err did i say TED NUGENT

I sometimes wonder if you maybe indulge in a bit too much Cali Kush @shootershill2tropics with some of the stuff you post mate but anyone who despises that animal murdering, gun toting f***tard is alright with me :-)
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Stunned about the smiths, Colin Murray said as much a few weeks back on Talksport, if you don't get the smiths then you are wrong :-)

the smiths - one word, seminal.
  • Options

DA9 said:

Seminal fluid more like ;-)
  • Options
    Libertines and any derivative before or since

Amy Winehouse

Only gays aloud - the Welsh acoustic thing

Bieber - couldnt name a song but he is a cock of the highest order

Pop idol
  • Options
    Redskin said:

The Beautiful South

The Libertines

Van Morrison

Toyah

Wet Wet Wet

Noooo not wet wet wet, my childhood is being violated on this thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Never really got into Radiohead.
    The Fugees were a waste of time.
    I liked UB40 until they started doing reggae for the masses.
    Not a fan of rap so fiddy cent (his ilk) can go on my list.
    Boy bands like Blue generally annoy me.

Forgotten about ub40. Got dragged along to see them live once, the miat boring concert I've ever been to.
  • Options

ditto many on here. miley, queen, bieber, puff, buble etc. etc., but for me, one blight on the planet tops the lot:
    ted nugent
    ted nugent
    ted nugent
    ted nugent
    err did i say TED NUGENT

I sometimes wonder if you maybe indulge in a bit too much Cali Kush @shootershill2tropics with some of the stuff you post mate but anyone who despises that animal murdering, gun toting f***tard is alright with me :-)
    you got it addickupnorth, re brain dead ted no-gent, and nope, no "calikush" or any dope at all, i swore off all mood shifters in '89 after deep (record biz) immersion, and xxx straight edge since, and sure, re my various life views that may sometimes seem contradictory, all over the place to many, i'm always questioning, if that doesn't sound too precious. eg. i flirted with extreme racism & thatcher in the early 80's and gradually moved off the progressive side of the political map over time!!! the only constant for me is to take a pause to always question...now, although sincere, i grant you, that did sound a shade el-lay;>)))
  • Options

DA9 said:

Seminal fluid more like ;-)
    i could have predicted that retort a mile off;>))))
  • Options

ted nugent
    ted nugent
    ted nugent
    ted nugent
    err did i say TED NUGENT

you got it addickupnorth, re brain dead ted no-gent, and nope, no "calikush" or any dope at all, i swore off all mood shifters in '89 after deep (record biz) immersion, and xxx straight edge since, and sure, re my various life views that may sometimes seem contradictory, all over the place to many, i'm always questioning, if that doesn't sound too precious. eg. i flirted with extreme racism & thatcher in the early 80's and gradually moved off the progressive side of the political map over time!!! the only constant for me is to take a pause to always question...now, although sincere, i grant you, that did sound a shade el-lay;>)))
    Post of the year
  • Options
    PL54 said:

ted nugent
    ted nugent
    ted nugent
    ted nugent
    err did i say TED NUGENT

Post of the year
    errrr thanks???? pl54...yep, charlton life - my favourite new place to hang out;>)
  • Options
    sadie.

The thing I don't like about the Smiths is the blokes voice, same with Oasis, and Shirley Bassey (who isn't a bloke), and even Frank Sinatra. Take That represent to me all the hype of boy bands and such, with the spin off's, the celebrity cachet, the business manipulation and the self love and indulgence. I suppose a lot of these may have done some good songs, but I can't get past who they are (vocally or otherwise) to get near to the songs.
  • Options
    Pop artists don't count for me. They're not musicians - they're manufactured entertainers. I deplore the way their overtly sexualised performances and 'personalities' are foisted on the young, but don't count them as musicians at all

My 5

Paul Heaton/The Beautiful South/Housemartins - absolute, unadulterated shite.

Arctic Monkeys - pretentious tripe - like a shit Northern Jam tribute act

James Blunt - Jesus Henry Christ, wtf was all that about?

Will. I. Am. - no you fucking ain't

Motley Crue - Worst. Band. Ever.
  • Options

Pop artists don't count for me. They're not musicians - they're manufactured entertainers. I deplore the way their overtly sexualised performances and 'personalities' are foisted on the young, but don't count them as musicians at all
    full agreement leroy, albeit that the silly little boys still pulling the strings in the monolithic (remaining) record biz can't help themselves marketing this formulaic post-pubescent fodder to the average uncritical youth!

• Options

Redskin said:

The Beautiful South

The Libertines

Van Morrison

Toyah

Wet Wet Wet

Noooo not wet wet wet, my childhood is being violated on this thread.
    Sorry Sadie, but don't fret fret fret.

And I'm even more sorry for that - truly awful.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Queen (apart from Bohemian Rhapsody, their other stuff, well I don't quite understand what it's trying to be)

Nickelback (embarrassing cock rock fake emotioned sh*te - make queen look like my favourite band)

Jay Z (can't understand a word the geezer says)

Toploader (one song, a cover version, played to death - I remember and still hate them)

The Calling (one, again fake emotioned song where most of the world seem to think the singer is laboured with angst)

I will return with more when I can face them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am sorry DA9, i know you are an Elvis fanatic. So i will substitute Elvis with that pretentious bunch Coldplay.
  • Options
    God, so much rubbish to choose from. I agree about Frank Sinatra who deserves it for My Way alone, and most boy bands need silencing too, but an all time five worst is very tough.
  • Options
    1. Pink

2. Genesis/Collins

3. Shakira

4. Abba

5. Aqua

More tomorrow.
  • Options
    1. UB40
    2. Aqua
    3. Nickelback
    4. Coldplay
    5. Robin Thicke

Also, pretty much any act who first appeared on a quote-unquote talent show, but this was a top 5 only... the full list would be much much much much longer.
  • Options
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers
    The Darkness
    UB40
    Chas & Dave
    Status Quo

• Options
    Ooooh - ub40 was almost in there for me too. Good to know I'm not the only one who despises them
  • Options
    Queen

Freddie Mercury

Queen

AC/DC

Queen
  • Options
    Mumford and Sons
    U2
    Muse
    Arctic Monkeys
    Coldplay

(Dis)honorable mentions to Kiss, Nickelback, Slipknot, Libertines etc. Anyone who doesn't like 50 Cent and dismisses all hip-hop because of him should listen to some more, him and P. Diddy/Puff Daddy or whatever he's calling himself these days shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as better rappers.
  • Options
    UB40's early stuff was alright. '1 In 10' is a classic song and still lyrically relevant to a point.
  • Options
    Kanye West
    Justin Bieber
    Lady Gaga
    Miley Cyrus
    Pitbull