Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jack Munns interview after Welling game

Comments

• Options
    Hee hee hee. Bob Peeters has made no secret of his desire to play Charlton youngsters, and this interview is all about a player who failed to make the breakthrough at Spurs.
    Just saying...
  • Options

Hee hee hee. Bob Peeters has made no secret of his desire to play Charlton youngsters, and this interview is all about a player who failed to make the breakthrough at Spurs.
    Just saying...

Just saying? Really don't know what you're trying to say? If you're trying to say he's not good enough for us because he wasn't good enough for Tottenham then I might put forward challenging for top half in the championship and challenging for champions league places are slightly different.

Just saying...
  • Options
    I'm guessing that what he is trying to say is that he is not a 'genuine' Charlton youngster. He is a Spurs reject*. If Bob had said he was all about playing young players (even if they came from another club's youth set up) then that would be different.

However, highlighting an article as an example of us bringing through our youngsters when they are focusing on a Spurs Academy Graduate is a little misleading.

* I have no problem playing players that failed to make it at Spurs due to the relative strengths of the two clubs.
  • Options
    Spurs don't give you a chance, charlton do. If you are young and good, come to us instead of them....
  • Options
    Chris Perry wasnt a giant...
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Chris Perry wasnt a giant...

So is Solly…and the best player in the world, Messi.
  • Options
    Thank you Kings Hill. Good translation.
  • Options
    To be honest I though Jack Munns was the only player, in the first half at Welling, that came through it with any real credit. He might be shorter than Solly but he's about twice as wide (in a stocky sort of way), he looks physically strong and determined to keep/win the ball. Hope he can make it, but his lack of stature will count against him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valbuena isnt too bad a player
  • Options
    Apologies @ken_shabby‌ misinterpreted your comment
  • Options
    No problem, most people don't understand a word I say ;-)
  • Options
    Maradona was Munnsesque.
  • Options
    We'll have to come up with a song for him.

"Ompa lumpa, ompity do, little Jack Munns is coming for you................."
  • Options

Maradona was Munnsesque.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if Munns were to be Maradonaesque!
  • Options
    did ok at Welling but did think he was our mascot
  • Options
    One of Bobs young guns.
  • Options
    Someone mentioned on FB that he's been released. Shame if true - was hoping he'd he'd get a chance.
  • Options
    Dr Kish mentioned it

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201503&date=20150309&time=1917

Not surprised myself, from the bits I've seen never looked like a player I expected to make it with us. I got the impression he didn't have enough to his game to make up for his lack of height and strength. Decent on the ball but no more than say Muldoon, who seems to have more about him physically.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Dr Kish mentioned it

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201503&date=20150309&time=1917

Not surprised myself, from the bits I've seen never looked like a player I expected to make it with us. I got the impression he didn't have enough to his game to make up for his lack of height and strength. Decent on the ball but no more than say Muldoon, who seems to have more about him physically.

Fair enough. Good for him if he has got a deal lined up at Notts Co. though.
  • Options
    Decent player. He's done well to get as far as he has in today's game, hope he does well.
  • Options
    I say good luck to Munns.
    Hope he gets a career together as he has a good footballing brain, and a good attitude too. Muldoon takes a much better free kick than Munns, but Munns is better at chasing lost causes and making something of them.
    There is no doubt that his height is something everybody pays attention to for good or ill, but I repeat good luck to you Jack, and thanks for your efforts.
  • Options
    Like so many....wish him well but don't expect to hear much of him in the future.

• Options
    goodnight sweet prince :'(
  • Options
    This years Ben Davisson?
  • Options

This years Ben Davisson?

Or Ruben Bover.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

This years Ben Davisson?

Or Ruben Bover.
    Or Michael Turner? Good luck Jack.
  • Options
    Harry Arter. Best of luck Jack
  • Options
    Good luck Jack! Wycombe or Southend may be a good move if his can get them interested it would be a shame if he had to drop to non-league