Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton to face a Gibraltar XI on Wednesday

Anyone else seen this? Apparently the Malaga under 23 side pulled out.

http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140714-gibraltar-friendly-1756941.aspx

Comments

• Options
    I heard Leeds Utd are at a loose end...
  • Options
    Malaga bottled it when Peeters threatened to play Church up top on his own......
  • Options
    Perhaps the real first litmus test then - no more of this 'friendlies are for fitness' excuse, they have been back in full training for weeks, day in day out THAT is where the fitness is gained. It's now time to gel as a team and show intent shooting and playing as a team, as almost 4hrs on the pitch this pre-season with 3 shots on target is piss poor whether you're playing vs Man Utd or in friendlies. Big Bob stated something along the lines of getting close to his starting XI out in Spain. Hopefully we see some good stuff
  • Options
    Will we see any live or videos from this and the other Spanish game?
  • Options
    Have they / will they produce a list of the squad that went out to Spain? Do we know if there are any other trialists out there?
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:

Have they / will they produce a list of the squad that went out to Spain? Do we know if there are any other trialists out there?

No

And no .

:-)

• Options
    Anyone have any idea of the squad we're sending down to Thurrock tomorrow night for the Charlton XI? Must be down to the bare bones!
  • Options
    Isaac Layne should be playing against Thurrock
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shag said:

Anyone have any idea of the squad we're sending down to Thurrock tomorrow night for the Charlton XI? Must be down to the bare bones!

Paulie told me it's going to be made up of the players that did n't go to Spain
    We're teaming up with Jose Riga and Blackpool FC to put out a team
  • Options
    Shag said:

Paulie told me it's going to be made up of the players that did n't go to Spain
    Hoping to see Church there tonight then...............
  • Options
    New goalkeeper seen training with the boys in Gib...................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIZq9BOJyd0
  • Options

He makes Thuram look half-decent - what an accomplishment
  • Options
    Is this going to be streamed like the stayen cup games?
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

No.

Because the REAL fans will be at Thurrock tonight.

• Options

He makes Thuram look half-decent - what an accomplishment
    not the biggest is he
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Dizzle said:

No.

The Bernabeu to Thurrock will be a bit of come down for them won't it? :-)
    Good spot, RC

BTW it'll never get better if you pick it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

RedChaser said:

Dizzle said:

No.

The Bernabeu to Thurrock will be a bit of come down for them won't it? :-)
    Good spot, RC

BTW it'll never get better if you pick it.

I know, I could do with some mittens like they put on babies, do you reckon Mr F would let you knit me some red ones? :-)
  • Options
    In previous years I have been known to attend U-21 pre-season friendlies for the sake of a good walk before the game, copping a new ground, and having a shufty at the "young guns". I did Bromley and Maidstone last summer.

Thurrock FC are in the Ryman First Division (North). I've just looked up their ground on the Ordnance Survey map: it's next to the M25 near Lakeside Shopping Centre, tucked in to a vast intersection, overlooked by electricity pylons, bounded by the Mar Dyke (probably an open sewer) and adjoining what the map calls a 'caravan site'. We all know what that means in Essex.

To get there, I would have to catch the DLR to Limehouse and change there onto a train out of Fenchurch Street crammed with Ken & Barbie-doll commuters. I would get off at Purfleet and walk almost two miles through dull 'industrial parks' and grim housing estates to the ground. The fare is nine-pounds-something for a journey of 25 minutes (plus a deduction on my Oyster card to get to and from Limehouse) - plus eight quid to get in. To get home, I would do the same in reverse, at ten o' clock at night.

Shall I go? Naaaah.
  • Options

In previous years I have been known to attend U-21 pre-season friendlies for the sake of a good walk before the game, copping a new ground, and having a shufty at the "young guns". I did Bromley and Maidstone last summer.

Whaaa.......???
  • Options
    what time is K.O tonight?
  • Options
    edited July 2014

With 2 teams both playing tonight, Seb Lewis must be in meltdown....................

This is when a split personality comes in handy :-0
  • Options
    I

Thurrock FC are in the Ryman First Division (North). I've just looked up their ground on the Ordnance Survey map: it's next to the M25 near Lakeside Shopping Centre, tucked in to a vast intersection, overlooked by electricity pylons, bounded by the Mar Dyke (probably an open sewer) and adjoining what the map calls a 'caravan site'. We all know what that means in Essex.

To get there, I would have to catch the DLR to Limehouse and change there onto a train out of Fenchurch Street crammed with Ken & Barbie-doll commuters. I would get off at Purfleet and walk almost two miles through dull 'industrial parks' and grim housing estates to the ground. The fare is nine-pounds-something for a journey of 25 minutes (plus a deduction on my Oyster card to get to and from Limehouse) - plus eight quid to get in. To get home, I would do the same in reverse, at ten o' clock at night.

Shall I go? Naaaah.

I think you might be missing out, Viewfinder. I went there about 12 years ago to watch Bromley play there in a do or a die end of season game. Bromley got the right result but the weirdest thing was that the club was hosting a wedding at the same time. The wedding party timed their arrival to coincide with the end of the game. So, sweaty footballers mixed with the bride, groom and guests. Bizarre.
  • Options

I

Shall I go? Naaaah.

I think you might be missing out, Viewfinder. I went there about 12 years ago to watch Bromley play there in a do or a die end of season game. Bromley got the right result but the weirdest thing was that the club was hosting a wedding at the same time. The wedding party timed their arrival to coincide with the end of the game. So, sweaty footballers mixed with the bride, groom and guests. Bizarre.
    Yes, that sort of collision in the clubhouse is always good fun - I once copped a wedding reception with sweaty jock-straps at Whyteleafe.