Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Israel - time to exclude them from world sport?

They suffer from terrorism more than most countries but their land grabbing is relentless and their responses against civilian population is unforgivable. Any political action is vetoed by USA who arm them. Time to sidestep the Yanks. Seeing how we were instrumental in setting up the Zionist state, perhaps up to us to crank up some pressure for them to act responsibly.

Comments

• No - sport and politics do not mix well. Also, would they really care if banned from world sport? I don't think so

Possibly they wouldn't care but it would send a message that they are not welcome at the table. Evil exists because honourable men do nothing. Please someone post exact quote.
  • All that is necessary for the Triumph of evil is for good Men to do nothing

Edmund Burke
  • No - sport and politics do not mix well. Also, would they really care if banned from world sport? I don't think so

Possibly they wouldn't care but it would send a message that they are not welcome at the table. Evil exists because honourable men do nothing. Please someone post exact quote.
    No I agree that something needs to be done but I don't think that exclusion from sport is the right way to do it. It's sort of a way of avoiding taking any measures that actually have an impact or mean anything, in my eyes.
  • Not justifying anything just asking what you think their alternative response should be.
  • edited July 2014
    I know nothing about the issues at play save for what I have observed in the Western media.

Accordingly I know nothing. Save that the situation is desperate and seems to be locked into some inexorable spiral of futility. Both nations are mere pawns in the game of US foreign policy.

whats the difference between a freedom fighter and a Terrorist beyond the passing of time?

I hate the expression Zi@@ist State unless it is referring to the Matrix films
  • edited July 2014
    I don't see it having much effect. Excluding Israel from sport won't solve a problem which we helped to create. I wish life was that simple.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nothing to do with sport.
  • Let the talking heads do what they will. It will make no difference.
  • Where does it end. Ban British teams because of Blairs wars ?
  • Not justifying anything just asking what you think their alternative response should be.

We were subject to Irish terrorism in less PC days and despite some questionable illegal responses now exposed, we did not resort to open murder.

We were subject to Irish terrorism in less PC days and despite some questionable illegal responses now exposed, we did not resort to open murder.
    30/01/1972

• They suffer from terrorism more than most countries but their land grabbing is relentless and their responses against civilian population is unforgivable. Any political action is vetoed by USA who arm them. Time to sidestep the Yanks. Seeing how we were instrumental in setting up the Zionist state, perhaps up to us to crank up some pressure for them to act responsibly.

How can they make peace with terrorists. Gaza is run by terrorists. They want the Jews dead- end of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHC8KC5cLs8&list=PLQ0NMVGWh-mB1EPNkLjUf4Bbegv35mbET&index=65
  • Hamas and Israel are just as bad as each other. Awful state of affairs, just one has nuclear weapons which, for me, is utterly terrifying.
  • They are not as bad as each other at all. How would the U.K deal with a similar situation? The Palestinians are brought up to hate Jews - much as the Hitler youth were.
  • edited July 2014
    That Video is far too one sided to be taken seriously.

I have been told by both Palestinians and Israelis that Gaza is a hell hole under Extremist rule. There was actually a recent Israeli proposal to allow those in the West Bank to be ruled by same regime as the Strip...Palastinians voted against it because they know how extreme the current Hamas regime is there.. A big no to any Orthodox society which forces everyone to live by someones interpretation of some old books....

It is easy to be scared by Semitism...It is a somewhat exclusive culture with huge Power and influence across the Centuries.

But many good Men from this Isle died because a Final Solution is never that easy and what I want to say most on this thread is dont be quick to judge something you cannot possibly understand fully.

The Israeli Palestinian Conflict: 10 Myths Preven…: http://youtu.be/GdtGOY8T5XE

• The reason why israel are killing innocent people is due to the fact that Hamas are using the gaza civilians as protection and hiding within them to fire their rockets. Such cowards.
  • Sponsored links:

No I agree that something needs to be done but I don't think that exclusion from sport is the right way to do it. It's sort of a way of avoiding taking any measures that actually have an impact or mean anything, in my eyes.
    Agreed. It's an empty gesture.

I can kinda understand why it could be suggested: it makes it appear like the world is turning it's back on Israel and won't stand for the violence anymore.

In actual fact though, it's sport and we're talking about life and death, livelihoods and some truly horrific atrocities. Sport pales in to insignificance when confronted with that, and it would be a meaningless gesture that borders on being offensive and/or embarrassing.

For what it's worth, I don't know what the answer is. Personally I've always felt quite sympathetic towards the Israelis and can't begin to imagine how terrifying it must be to live in Israel and have the siege mentality that comes with living in a small nation being surrounded by hostile nations who will, and regularly do, indiscriminately fire rockets over the borders.

However, to watch on as a blood bath occurs and the violence goes both ways.. It's not easy, it will encourage further violence and ultimately continue. I don't see how this cycle can be broken. I sincerely hope someone out there can see a solution, and one day (soon) such a solution can exist.
  • What, just two days after we've signed Ben Haim?
  • 600 rocket attacks in a few weeks against their people. What should their response be exactly ?</blockquote
    - pack up and get off the land you stole with british supervision in 1948 would be the equitable answer. in addition, a) if you had been under the zionist jackboot since the 1948 nakba, you would be pissed off, maybe join the freedom fighters? b) the palestinian rockets are mere toys (do the damage data maths), compared with the (u.s. funded) might of the zionists. c) to get any clue as to the depth of the zionist arrogance, take an online look at the map of palestine pre-1948, immediately thereafter, and as a result of the years of subsequent strategic land-grabbing genocide, & then compound that with the daily systematic oppression from all sides of the now "balkanized" palestine - "peace talks" / huh!!!! its like 2 people discussing how the pizza should be divided, whlle one barefaced side eats much of the pizza! ...and please, any zionists or sympathizers can put away the knee jerk persecution complex, or anti-semitic accusations - i am anti-arrogance, anti eliitism, anti apartheid. there is already a robust boycott movement and divestment campaign against the zionist myth of is-it-real, and as the missiles rain down on the world's largest internment camp, a little attention from fifa would definitely help somewhat, as the rest of the world's governments seemingly yawn, or trot out the lazy, "both as bad as one another" reaction, or worse, "...but what about the palestinian rockets?" really people, i encourage you to look beneath the soundbites and wake up to this emblematic issue. i sense most british people would be fighting for basic rights, and some would mount an insurrection, if we had been treated like the palestinians have been for just one year, let alone since 1948. why do many lionize the anti-nazi underground and demonize the palestinian freedom fighters? reality check please...

• ...and why keep calling it israel, as if it is a legitimate nation, as if it can ever be sustained without the explicit support of the u.s./europe, and systemic oppression and violence towards all around it? i call it "zionist occupied palestine" in discussion, and in reality, in 1948 it was a terrible idea, and is still a failed state and zionist myth, underpinned by a sub-text of anti-arab fears from the pink/euro-centric world.
  • The reason why israel are killing innocent people is due to the fact that Hamas are using the gaza civilians as protection and hiding within them to fire their rockets. Such cowards.

cowards? what would YOU do under such systemic oppression over decades. did you/would you have support(ed) the underground movements in europe against the nazis? examine the contradiction of your probable answer please.
  • Godstone said:

They are not as bad as each other at all. How would the U.K deal with a similar situation? The Palestinians are brought up to hate Jews - much as the Hitler youth were.

not great views propagated by a few, but yes, understandable given the systemic zionist oppression since the 1948 nakba/genocide/ethnic cleanse.
  • That Video is far too one sided to be taken seriously.

I have been told by both Palestinians and Israelis that Gaza is a hell hole under Extremist rule. There was actually a recent Israeli proposal to allow those in the West Bank to be ruled by same regime as the Strip...Palastinians voted against it because they know how extreme the current Hamas regime is there.. A big no to any Orthodox society which forces everyone to live by someones interpretation of some old books....

It is easy to be scared by Semitism...It is a somewhat exclusive culture with huge Power and influence across the Centuries.

But many good Men from this Isle died because a Final Solution is never that easy and what I want to say most on this thread is dont be quick to judge something you cannot possibly understand fully.

The Israeli Palestinian Conflict: 10 Myths Preven…: http://youtu.be/GdtGOY8T5XE

this you tube distortion emanates from one calev myers and his cronies, well known arch zionist propogandist(s) and farrrr right winger. calev, the more you repeat these lies, they never become truths, but sadly as a result of the mega monied might of the insidious/ubiquitous zionist message machine, these delusions have become wrong headed beliefs for many who fail to employ the very basics of critical and questioning thought.
  • I think whoever it was that gave them the land in the first place should take some responsibility
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!