Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

the secret ritual

known only to yourself that you observed religiously before a game, always wearing a lucky shirt, taking the same journey, drinking in the same pub or bar, buying your programme from the same seller and all because you knew that, even though its complete nonsense, your recollection of the record shows that we would win...so why haven't we all been observing it this year ?...and are you going to put that right tomorrow ?

Comments

• i have loads of different things over the years, clothes, lucky pubs etc.

My current one is going through the same turnstile if we had won the previous home game, if not then choosing a different one.

Which is why i'm normally standing in the road for 10 minutes trying to work out where the bl**dy hell i went a fortnight before !
  • Same turnstyle and steps for me. Always been like it, my bro is exactly the same!
  • Always go and touch me dear old Dad's brick, just behind Sam Bartram statue.
  • edited September 2006
    You losers ;)

The old man is like it though. Either always travels in the same way, turnstiles, when & where he pees. All sorts of stuff. Shocking that our only win this season came when he couldnt make it as he was on hols. In-fact we always win when he's away. May have to drug him and stick him on a plane to Alicante or something.
  • @polo, sit him down and tell him that he's unlucky and should be man enough to take one for the team and stop turning up.
  • no colours, seat changes if game isn't going to plan.
    a few years back, a pre-match chunder in the bugle from a certain person (who shall remain nameless) virtually guaranteed 3 points.

how do you spell guaranteed? it doesn't look right.
  • Like AFKA I've had many over the years, wear certain clothes, don't wear them, use a certain turnstile etc etc. I'm trying a new one today, usually for home hatches I watch Sky or listen to the Radio London commentary, so today I'm not going near a radio or TV until 5pm. I've tried everything else so I hope Mr Dowie appreciates this self denial - if it works!

Enjoy the game you lucky southerners!