Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++Iceland winger Johann Berg Gudmundsson signs on a 2 year deal+++

edited July 2014 in General Charlton
Great!

Comments

• Amazing signing, Excited !
  • Looks like he could be a very good signing.

Only a 2 year deal though - he doesn't want to be tied down or we're not risking giving him a long term contract?
  • 'Only' is better than not at all
  • excited by this one and Igor
  • Excited by this, one big step closer to a decent season.
  • and notice at this rate we wont need many loans, all the players are being purchased which is good for stability, value etc. welcome Johann
  • now you are talking, seems very useful...always loved bjork & sigur ros:>)
  • Look forward to watching him in a Charlton shirt and getting used to Championship football. Nice hat trick against Switzerland last year so hopefully he can reproduce that form.
  • Sounds like a promising signing. Welcome to the club. Starting to get excited about the coming season with the signings we are making.
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like he can play on both wings, as a few of his goals came from right side.
  • Does he play on the left, the right or both? 2 years seems short but I guess it’s a case of seeing where both he and Charlton stand in a year.
  • Scoham said:

Looks like he could be a very good signing.

Only a 2 year deal though - he doesn't want to be tied down or we're not risking giving him a long term contract?

Looks more and more like we have a two year plan. Would be nice if the club (Duchatelet and Peelers) make an overall announcement. But perhaps they're not finished signing players yet?!

By the way, looks like an excellent signing.

• Hadn't heard of him until a few days ago, but am now getting very excited about seeing him play in a Charlton shirt after seeing some of his goals on YouTube (not conclusive evidence of his ability, I know).
  • Looks like another exciting player!
  • Wow, saw the Switzerland game. Top stuff Roland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYafhj_BjmU
  • we look very exciting upfront and solid at the back. a goalkeeper added to this and the players performing and we could be in for a top ten finish. remember we had a much worse team and finished 9th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Every goal a belter in that hat-trick against Switzerland. Excited about this. Two signings in the same afternoon.
  • The new season cannot come soon enough for me. So excited. Think I might've just wet myself.
  • Classic bury the bad news of the Ben Haim signing with a better one.

Seems a pretty exciting player in a position of need, unfortunately I don't have any AZ Alkmaar supporting mates to ask about him though.
  • velkomin til Englands!!
  • Really happy with this one. Another international too!
  • Looks a promising signing, Welcome

Anyone know if Tomasz Cywka is still on trial with us? Think he could add to an ever impressing looking squad............
  • edited July 2014

Anyone got a pal who is a season ticket holder for az alkmaar and can share his views on Him?

I have several friends in Iceland who grew up with this guy, will get one of them to sign up and post his thoughts. One of them visited his pal has visited 11 AZ matches during his time there.

He watches him regularly and I've only seen him a couple times. Should be a good insight as to how he plays.
  • NugNug
    edited July 2014
    Looks a good signing, we've been desperate for some wide creative players. Welcome Johann