Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++Andre Bikey - signed on 2yr deal+++

Comments

• As opposed to the wider football world seeing us as a pushover?

I should imagine that there is just a little bit of interest in the RD experiment at the Valley. However with most things football this will always be expressed to the lowest common denominator on such boards, ie; Belgium. This will be quickly overshadowed when the main show starts back up and stories of Rooney's next hair treatment or Suarez's next dental treatment take their rightful place...

• Richard JMember
    Interesting perspective from Burnley. Apparently he can play in the midfield as well

Play in the midfield ? He looks as is he can BE the midfield !
  • edited July 2014
    I seen Bikey play a fair few times. If I remember, he came to Reading as the new Sonko and formed a powerful CB pairing with him. Bikey then kept his form for a fair while after Sonko lost his.

0 v 0 at the Valley in 2007, during the peak form PL period I remember from him. 7 years later, what's old father time done to his game?

He is a good player when committed. He can certainly play 35 games in a top half Championship team and he did well at Burnley and alright at Boro.

Slow and cumbersome on the ball but usually a sure touch on the whole. He might have added something to his play, but with Bikey and Morrision together I dont expect we will see too much passing through central midfield.

He wont be exposed by anything except raw pace at this level. Power and presence to the team bigtime. I am rather whelmed by this signing as I am wishfully thinking of the best from Bikey.

• bandit

torres vs predator

• he played a lot of long balls in Belgium but they actually came off, picking out the strikers so seems to have a good footballing brain and is accurate
  • re the bikey introduction: there seemed to be a group vibe that characterized the squad that formed by cp, which went on to win the 3rd tier title, with seemingly, plenty of banter/upbeat camaraderie/smiles/encouraging others etc. present. i just wonder how a seemingly moody journeyman like bikey (didja see the interview?) might affect this crucial period of gelling a new group at the outset of a long campaign?
  • re the bikey introduction: there seemed to be a group vibe that characterized the squad that formed by cp, which went on to win the 3rd tier title, with seemingly, plenty of banter/upbeat camaraderie/smiles/encouraging others etc. present. i just wonder how a seemingly moody journeyman like bikey (didja see the interview?) might affect this crucial period of gelling a new group at the outset of a long campaign?

Didnt see the interview, but perhaps the geezer dont like being interviewed on cam....lets wait until he refuses to travel to games/ breaks someone's leg in training / sits on his own in canteen before we slate him?

Didnt see the interview, but perhaps the geezer dont like being interviewed on cam....lets wait until he refuses to travel to games/ breaks someone's leg in training / sits on his own in canteen before we slate him?
    i recommend you watch the interview. i'm not slating him, just wondering about temperament/if a team player etc.? however, as you say, time will tell...
  • He was overweight in Belgium though - and it will be a push to get him ready for the start of the season - sure we will have our best people on the job though.

If he looks like this, then yes.
  • Heard a few people talking as I left the ground, saying it was not his fault he is a CB not a CF.

now it might just be me but from where I stand in the upper north, it don't matter what position you play, you should score from there with the keeper stranded
  • Sponsored links:

• He should've scored but it's hard to slate him. He's probably the last person I'd want to see in that position out of all our outfield players.
  • edited December 2014
    Another 'late sitter' missed that has cost us points this season, i wish it had fallen to Igor.
  • edited December 2014

Another 'late sitter' missed that has cost us points this season, i wish it had fallen to Igor.

Me too. The funny thing is that, as the cross came in, Igor ran towards the goalline while Bikey sat back on the penalty spot. You'd have expected the defender/striker instincts to have worked the other way around.
  • Heard a few people talking as I left the ground, saying it was not his fault he is a CB not a CF.

now it might just be me but from where I stand in the upper north, it don't matter what position you play, you should score from there with the keeper stranded

Not meaning to dig you out, Paulie - but there are times when you do say some daft things.

• Jayajosh said:

He was overweight in Belgium though - and it will be a push to get him ready for the start of the season - sure we will have our best people on the job though.

If he looks like this, then yes.
    He's my favourite player in the current squad but he has been getting heavier by the week and today he was off the pace. I heard rumours that he's a lazy trainer and looking at him warming up and playing today he certainly needs to shape up.

• Oggy Red said:

Heard a few people talking as I left the ground, saying it was not his fault he is a CB not a CF.

Not meaning to dig you out, Paulie - but there are times when you do say some daft things.

I'm glad you said it first.

It seems to me that he just posts things to get a reaction.

• Think of the pressure on him at that moment, does a cb really have the composure needed to put that away? Hard to blame him, despite how frustrating as it was.
  • I could have put that one away. It doesn't matter that he is a centre half, it was a sitter for any professional or amatuer footballer come to that.
  • Wish it had fallen to me. I'd have smashed it into the top right
  • should have scored, we know it, he knows it its over.
  • Sponsored links:

• He paused and tried to side foot it into the roof of the net, he should have toe poked it or just put his head down and bollocked it along the floor, to not even hit the target is poor
  • Wish it had fallen to me. I'd have smashed it into the top right corner of the upper north

Fixed.

I would have scored because just like my golf, i hardly ever get the ball off the ground.

• He shoulda scored but if you saw to look on his face, this is a guy who cares about our club and winning, can't fault him
  • It was more the fact he missed the target completely that was dissapointing as he is good with his feet and hits the target with most of his passes. Being deep in injury makes it seem a lot worse too.
  • oh dear.......we're fooked !!
  • edited March 2017

Has just signed for... Port Vale!!

Bikey plays no part tonight for Vale who have four changes Ryan Taylor rejoins the club and goes straight in to midfield, keeper Mehmet (no not our Dave) makes his English league debut and the two others are injury driven.

Good turn out by the travelling Shrews estimated 800 which beats our 250 but it is a lot less far to travel. Draw please.
  • http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39309840

Wonder if he'll be more mobile than Yakubu was for Coventry?
  • He will be good for the first few weeks then shambolic after that. Good thing there's not much of the season left.
  • For the first part of the season he was one of the best players we had on the pitch. Then he completely lost it and I don't know why.