Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Andre Bikey - signed on 2yr deal+++

Comments

• Options
    Welcome aboard Andre , sounds a bit like a Sam Sodje mark 2 , how many sendings off is he going to get this season?

On yer Bikey , i can just see the headlines now...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Not entirely sure what to make of this one. If I recall correctly he looked quite a good player at one point for Reading, but he's had a lot of clubs now which is always slightly concerning. As always I judge him on what he does in a Charlton shirt.

Welcome Andre.
  • Options
    Really excited about this and with Morrison signing a new deal he will be fired up too. I rated Bikey when he was at Reading in the Prem so when fully match fit and gelled with Morrison, I think we have to great Centre Backs,
  • Options
    that should read TWO not TO.
  • Options
    I'd never actually the stretcher bearer shove before it was mentioned here. What a headcase, even in wartime they leave the medics alone...should be worth the price of admission, welcome Andre!
  • Options
    I'd rather we signed another first choice centre half to play alongside Morrison with Bikey as back-up but this is a good signing. Free as well so we can keep recruiting. Good stuff
  • Options
    He was overweight in Belgium though - and it will be a push to get him ready for the start of the season - sure we will have our best people on the job though.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

He was overweight in Belgium though - and it will be a push to get him ready for the start of the season - sure we will have our best people on the job though.

They did it with Yann

Sorry forgot you cant mention his name, the big French forward we had who came back for pre season overweight
  • Options

I'd rather we signed another first choice centre half to play alongside Morrison with Bikey as back-up but this is a good signing. Free as well so we can keep recruiting. Good stuff

I have a sneaky feeling that Joe Gomez may be nearer first choice than some people think with either Morrison or Bikey playing with him. Not for the whole season due to age but maybe at the start.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Welcome André. Who is going to tell Pete F that his name is pronounced BeeKay not Byekee as he kept calling him on the youtube broadcast!

Pete should thank his lucky stars Obika is not still with us.

Nice little tongue twister, Bikey blocks, Obika back, Bikey, Obika, BIKEY!

And no doubt Red Mid, on his match thread will call him BK.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    my word, he's a scintillating (cafc player) interview!;>) talk about nonchalant...
  • Options
    My Boro mate said he was superb when he first went there but then got progressively shit...
  • Options
    Welcome aboard AB. One more through the door, only 7 to go.
  • Options
    Not news, but my cousin (generations of Clarets fans - his mum saw the '47 cup final) says: "talented and strong but very undisciplined. He needs a strong manager and seasoned pros around him. He could be a good signing."
  • Options

My Boro mate said he was superb when he first went there but then got progressively shit...

Won't need to Charltonise him, then - he knows the ropes already.

• Options
    Interesting perspective from Burnley. Apparently he can play in the midfield as well

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/bikey_back_in_england_with_charlton_836018/index.shtml
  • Options
    Didn't he score against us from midfield?
  • Options
    Weird interview. What's wrong Andre? You seem a bit glum.
  • Options
    Mr. Finch on commentary suggested we were all wrong saying he was overweight and that he was pure muscle... is this true or had the Bee-kay Beast got to the Finch??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Welcome aboard AB. One more through the door, only 7 to go.

SEVEN!??!???!
  • Options

Mr. Finch on commentary suggested we were all wrong saying he was overweight and that he was pure muscle... is this true or had the Bee-kay Beast got to the Finch??

He may have confused to commentary with one of his chat up lines for a while. Bikey was definitely overweight - but looked good on the ball.
  • Options

Weird interview. What's wrong Andre? You seem a bit glum.

In the immortal words of Peter Shirtliffe .......... "'Happen I have to plaaay for Charlton".

• Options
    seth plum said:

In that article they call us 'the south London based Belgian club'.

How very dare they! Clever little dig in an interesting article.

• Options
    Paddy7 said:

seth plum said:

It may indicate how the wider football world will regard us now, similar to Watford for example. Aspects of the wider football world, rightly or wrongly, will see us as having lost some traditional Charlton Athletic integrity, but then again the wider football world are not funding us so we don't go into administration, neither am I sadly.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    seth plum said:

Paddy7 said:

seth plum said:

It may indicate how the wider football world will regard us now, similar to Watford for example. Aspects of the wider football world, rightly or wrongly, will see us as having lost some traditional Charlton Athletic integrity, but then again the wider football world are not funding us so we don't go into administration, neither am I sadly.
    Have we tho
    Still at The Valley
    Improved the Pitch
    Improving Sparrows Lane
    Pope,Gomez,Fox and Possibly Lennon will get first team football next year, so we are still using our youth academy

Just because one or two players have come in from Belgium as well as our manager I personally dont see it as that big a issue and losing any part of Charlton
  • Options
    paulie it is my reflection on how OTHERS may see us whether it is true or not.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

paulie it is my reflection on how OTHERS may see us whether it is true or not.

I understand that, but there have been others on here as well saying things like that, I was just saying that I cant see it myself, and I am very happy with where we are heading
  • Options
    Having watched a bit of Bikey on YouTube, I like the fact that he's got some fight in him - literally. I'm looking forward to seeing him stamp his authority - perhaps not literally.