Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Andre Bikey - signed on 2yr deal+++

Comments

• Options
    The Club's sudden abandonment of Scarfy is a disgrace. End of an era.

• Options
    “It’s important for people like Joe Gomez and Harry Lennon to be working with someone with his experience - they can learn from him." says Bob,so maybe thats it for CBs
  • Options
    Bikey was superb for Reading in 06/07 at The Valley in that 0-0 draw, but that was seven years back so not sure is he is still at that level.
  • Options

The Club's sudden abandonment of Scarfy is a disgrace. End of an era.

Have added this item to the agenda for the Sept FF meeting.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    RedChaser said:

LoOkOuT said:

With fourteen clubs under his wing, I bet Bikey's glad to be back in the saddle again.

Blimey, that's a full set, one more club in golf and you could be disqualified :-0
    Alright, alright... I'll put the brakes on these bad pun(cture)s.
  • Options
    My Boro mate didn't rate him (but my Boro mate is a miserable/jaundiced ex-pro). But he did say that his lad (who is with Boro Youth) said Bikey was the friendliest of the Boro players and all the kids loved him.

Anyway...welcome aboard. Win your headers, get your blocks in, don't get sent off too much and you'll get the thumbs up from me!
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

RedChaser said:

LoOkOuT said:

With fourteen clubs under his wing, I bet Bikey's glad to be back in the saddle again.

Blimey, that's a full set, one more club in golf and you could be disqualified :-0
    Alright, alright... I'll put the brakes on these bad pun(cture)s.
    Sorry if I spoke too soon didn't mean to upset your chain of thought.
  • Options
    I will say, however, that from what I've seen, he's a little slow in going through the gears.
    I'm not sure we've got the balance right at the back.
    At his age and weight, he's sure to tyre early.
    Could be looking at a few blowouts if we're not careful.
    He is Specialized, though I'll give him that. Perhaps, our Trek to Spain will do him good. Bit of a Cannon [on him too, says my mate] Dale.

Knew he was going to sign after he was spotted in Halfords SE7.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Was that before or after he was spotted in Crossbars? Think I'll give him a bell.
  • Options
    doronron said:

didn't Reading play him at full back? or can he play full back and centre half?

That's a little like saying that Morrison can fill in at right back... and I suspect not much more successful. His strengths seem to play much more into a central role, and no way would he play out wide at the expense of Wiggins or Solly! As emergency cover only, and even then one of the kids would probably get the nod instead, or A.N.Other signing yet to be made.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That sending off for pushing the stretcher bearer for cameroon still cracks me up.

For that reason alone, good signing :-)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Was that before or after he was spotted in Crossbars? Think I'll give him a bell.

Talking of bell @LoOkOuT‌ ..........knock, knock?
  • Options
    Always impressed me at Reading.
  • Options
    @Algarveaddick‌ bit of an intellectual then is he?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Good signing, especially to help bring along Joe Gomez and Harry Lennon. Not so sure Ben Haim would be a wise move as two relatively immobile lumps amongst our centre backs is one too many, IMO.

Does Bikey lack pace? There's a quote from before he moved to Burnley where Owen Coyle talked about his pace and power.
  • Options
    i think this is just one of the signings Charlton needed. A big, no-nonsense centreback with tons of experience and passion for the game. He does seem a bit of a loose canon based off some clips i have seen, but overall a quality player to have on the books. I still think we need to sign one more CB.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Davo55 said:

Good signing, especially to help bring along Joe Gomez and Harry Lennon. Not so sure Ben Haim would be a wise move as two relatively immobile lumps amongst our centre backs is one too many, IMO.

Does Bikey lack pace? There's a quote from before he moved to Burnley where Owen Coyle talked about his pace and power.
    I think anybody who is overweight will lack pace- when I saw him in Belgium I thought he was one of the coaches at first - he had a bit of an Alex Dyer ex player physique. If we get him fit - and pace was clearly not an issue for him as a player- I'm sure that will not be an issue.
  • Options
    think he'll help stabilize our defence
  • Options
    Wheelie good signing this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome Andre. We've needed some muscle and experience in key areas, and still do. Encouraging news too re. his popularity with the Boro youngsters.
  • Options
    Like most have said. A good signing. Will give us some experience at the back. I'm happy
  • Options
    All the talk of Bikey being Big/tall. The stats say he's 1.82m, make that 5ft 11 1/2 inches- small for a CB. Having seen some video's of him putting himself about
    am not worried about his height, or lack of it- Steve Brown was the same build an height. Welcome Andre.
  • Options

All the talk of Bikey being Big/tall. The stats say he's 1.82m, make that 5ft 11 1/2 inches- small for a CB. Having seen some video's of him putting himself about
    am not worried about his height, or lack of it- Steve Brown was the same build an height. Welcome Andre.

Height is useful but not essential - Chris Perry made Solly look like Andre The Giant but there weren't many who could beat him in the air fairly. And Bikey's a hefty guy, even once he gets into shape I can't imagine he's actually going to lose much weight - it's conditioning he needs more than anything I'd say.
  • Options

Why do we always get saddled with this sort of defender?

Just hope he works well in tandem with Morro.
  • Options
    Sorry to puncture this optimism, but I heard he was a bit of a Chopper
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

@Algarveaddick‌ bit of an intellectual then is he?

More than you Lookie, if you don't know what a capital letter is... ;-)

• Options
    Welcome André. Who is going to tell Pete F that his name is pronounced BeeKay not Byekee as he kept calling him on the youtube broadcast!