Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Andre Bikey - signed on 2yr deal+++

Comments

• Options
    Glad we've signed up another tough CB. Anyone who saw him in Belgium know if he looks quick?
  • Options
    What I liked about him was that he was about a stone and a half overweight. Why? Because that a) explains why he hasn’t got a club and b) is something you can fix. He showed enough to suggest that if you do fix it - and you have experts paid to do so within the club– he has a lot to offer. Pleased with this.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Will be a good partner for Morrison TBH.

Welcome to the Club.

Fixed it for ya
    D'oh

No, both are first ball centre halves. Better to have a footballer (like Dervite) alongside them and a screening CM (poyet last year, cousins this) in front as neither pacy.

But you need big lumps at this level to counter the other teams big lumps so all good.

Hope the Steve Morison rumours turn out to be true.

Is TBH in the bag ?

I am one of the few that would see that as an excellent signing. We would then have a good variety of CB's Bikey and TBH replacing Cort and Dervite in the squad . Lennon emerging as the left footed centre back rather than Wood if we wanted to go 3 at the back. Gomez then has the space to develop without any pressure .

Steve Morison would be interesting, but won't he go back to the Spanners ?
  • Options
    Welcome Andre. Rated him at Reading so let's hope he produces for us too.
  • Options
    Whats the Morrison rumours? or is this a clique joke?
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Glad we've signed up another tough CB. Anyone who saw him in Belgium know if he looks quick?

Not quick but fat so when lighter will be quicker. Good distribution and has a presence.
  • Options
    Lack of pace is the most obvious weakness, but then Shittu isn't exactly the Flash and lots of nippy strikers found him a nightmare to try and get past (albeit because he was dirty as f***) so it can be compensated for. The fitness will come I am sure, he's a naturally big guy so probably takes longer to get trim but there's plenty of time to lay off the pies and hit the gym before the season starts.

A defence of Solly, Morro, Bikey, Wiggins would be pretty darn formidable to the majority of Champ teams, we get an experienced keeper who can keep them organised and with Cousins and Buyens ahead of them we shouldn't be leaking goals. I am getting more optimistic with each new signing! (though we could do with more!)
  • Options
    Pleased with this. He will have to watch his temper.
  • Options

Will be a good partner for Morrison TBH.

Welcome to the Club.

Fixed it for ya
    Thank f**k for that - thought he meant Tal Ben Haim!!!
    (Or should I still be worried?
  • Options
    I hope this Steve Morison rumour is bullshit. Yes he was good for Millwall 4 years ago, but he's done little since.
    Norwich, didn't impress. Leeds, didn't impress. Millwall last season poor.
    No thanks, he looks to be past his best by date.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Moderately Whelmed. Experienced and tough. Good foil for Morro probably. Will offer at least as much as Wood or Cort woulds have done though not sure he is as mobile as Dervitte. Its another body on board and he's not Belgian (is he?) Hopefully will not affect young Gomez's prospects.
  • Options
    Finally a signing I've heard of and actually seen play! Looking forward to seeing him play for us.
  • Options
    Decent enough signing. Welcome aboard big fella!
  • Options
    Should be a good signing though I don't know much about him.

Still need a GK, another CB, a winger or two, and at least one striker (a targetman).
  • Options
    Changes his name when he feels like it. That's the type of tough nutcase we need. Welcome Andre.
  • Options
    I think with Morro and the kids we will stick with the CBs we have
  • Options
    and Morro can always play at RB if required

BTW - I saw that last season and it was a disaster
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    As I said on the match thread. He is a good CH but will make the odd mistake which will cost a goal. But he knows how to foul to get himself out of trouble so I don't expect much to get past him.
  • Options

As I said on the match thread. He is a good CH but will make the odd mistake which will cost a goal. But he knows how to foul to get himself out of trouble so I don't expect much to get past him.

Every Championship defender will do that though, it would be unfair to expect otherwise. Even Morrison is not beyond a flash of red mist and making daft errors under pressure, but as long as they atone for mistakes I won't hold the odd goal against any of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2014
    With fourteen clubs under his wing, I bet Bikey's glad to be back in the saddle again.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

With fourteen clubs under his wing, I bet Bikey's glad to be back in the saddle again.

Blimey, that's a full set, one more club in golf and you could be disqualified :-0
  • Options
    Cameroon international who has never played in Belgium.....................FFS
  • Options
    Morison was a rumour going around in St Truiden although not from the same source that said Bikey and TBH would both be signed before Spanish trip which has been 50% accurate so far.
  • Options
    Bikey spoke with a certain air of which you will not tire. He used to have a handle bar moustache, I think, and will look good in our gear, although he will play in goal so that he can wear a yellow jersey. Hopefully, he will take us out of the pack, pump up his team mates and get us on track.
  • Options
    Good signing, especially to help bring along Joe Gomez and Harry Lennon. Not so sure Ben Haim would be a wise move as two relatively immobile lumps amongst our centre backs is one too many, IMO.
  • Options

Bikey spoke with a certain air of which you will not tire. He used to have a handle bar moustache, I think, and will look good in our gear, although he will play in goal so that he can wear a yellow jersey. Hopefully, he will take us out of the pack, pump up his team mates and get us on track.

It seems you have an over inflated opinion of him.
  • Options
    Welcome to the rollercoaster, Andre.

( Wonder what's happened to scarfy ? Perhaps he ate it ! :-) )

• Options

Welcome to the rollercoaster, Andre.

( Wonder what's happened to scarfy ? Perhaps he ate it ! :-) )

Was just about to ask where Scarfy was, maybe he is on holiday
  • Options
    didn't Reading play him at full back? or can he play full back and centre half?