Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parking near the o2

Comments

• Options
    Any new updates on this. Now sainsbury has gone, what is the parking like at the Odeon / B&Q on Bugsby way. Is it Free and if it is how long can you stay ?
  • Options
    I park on the Charlton end of west park side Rd. It's free after 6:30. If you coming big from Charlton along busby way turn right on the roundabout then take the first left. Just through the width restrictions anywhere on the left. It's a 10-15 minute walk or you could stop off at the pilot. Or you can catch a bus just along the road.
  • Options
    You could try The Pilot, youre not meant to stay there unless you are going in the Pilot, but I just pop in have a quick half and put the receipt in my windscreen. That's sufficient.
  • Options
    Already planning for Roeland moving us there?
  • Options
    Wifey and I are going next Tuesday to the O2 to see Neil Diamond in concert. Given all the useful advice on this thread re parking, we have chosen to park in The Holiday Inn Express car park at a current cost of £6.50

Wifey and granddaughter going to same venue the following week to see Little Mix and will use the same arrangements.

Thanks to all for offering alternatives via this thread, which in turn, allowed us to find this suitable parking option.
  • Options
    Do you or anyone with you have a cineworld unlimited card? You get 4 hours free parking in car parks 2 or 4 you just have to get a ticket to anyfilm with your card.
  • Options

Do you or anyone with you have a cineworld unlimited card? You get 4 hours free parking in car parks 2 or 4 you just have to get a ticket to anyfilm with your card.

And they DO check it.
  • Options
    The Pilot is time limited even with a ticket - customers only
  • Options

And they DO check it.
    I have used this plenty of times, the guys in the validation office just check to make sure the ticket was valid on the day and at a reasonable time ie nesr the start of the 4 hours of parking. You can park for longer than 4 hours and thr first 4 are free
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Address Price
    North Greenwich London Underground Station £11.90 / day
    The O2 - Car Park 2 - Edmund Halley Way £44.00 / 24 hours
    The O2 - Car Park 3 - Phoenix Avenue £44.00 / 24 hours
    The O2 - Car Park 4 - Peninsula Square £44.00 / 24 hours

https://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park/car-parks/north-greenwich-stn-lul/

If you parked up before 7pm, North Greenwich is £11 cashless. For an extra £4.50 you'll save yourself a 15 min unpleasant walk along (akin to walking alongside a dual carriageway. Always park near the exit though and get out sharpish for a quick getaway. #justsaying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We use the Odeon car park and jump on a bus.
  • Options

We use the Odeon car park and jump on a bus.

This is the way to do it I think, there are a tonne of buses you can get there and back.
  • Options

The Pilot is time limited even with a ticket - customers only

I've parked there at 7pm and picked it up at 11 next morning - no problems.
  • Options

I park on the Charlton end of west park side Rd. It's free after 6:30. If you coming big from Charlton along busby way turn right on the roundabout then take the first left. Just through the width restrictions anywhere on the left. It's a 10-15 minute walk or you could stop off at the pilot. Or you can catch a bus just along the road.

This was my usual parking place, but thought new flats down there may have killed the free parking. However, still parked for free before Micky Flanigan the other week.
  • Options
    Whenever I go there for an event, I park in car park 2 or 3 usually and whenever the attendant asks what I'm there for I say dinner and cinema and then I get given the cheaper ticket, usually wouldn't be more than 11/12 quid usually.

Went to an event there once and another woman in the same car park said what she was actually therefore and paid roughy £30 quid I believe
  • Options
    I park at the top end of tunnel avenue , residents bay in operation until 4pm. After that it’s free. Ten minute walk to the O2.
  • Options
    Went to see Squeeze at the indigo tonight. One thing and another ended up paying in North Greenwich tube car park. Thieving Fookers, got they about 8:30. £25. Get there before 7:00 and it’s £11.
  • Options

Went to see Squeeze at the indigo tonight. One thing and another ended up paying in North Greenwich tube car park. Thieving Fookers, got they about 8:30. £25. Get there before 7:00 and it’s £11.

Quite. Open a DASH a/c, pay in advance on the day and always get there before 7pm.

• Options

Quite. Open a DASH a/c, pay in advance on the day and always get there before 7pm.

Got a Dash app, Mrs GA paid so I didn’t realise you could use it and we were in a rush.

Paying in advance, what if you can’t find a space,
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Got a Dash app, Mrs GA paid so I didn’t realise you could use it and we were in a rush.

The T&C's say you are entitled/guaranteed a place (I think), although I've no idea how that would work in practice.
    I've never had a problem finding a place. I always book up on the morning of the gig.

On a seperate note we saw Micky Flanagan on Saturday and we were in the worst seats to make a quick exit, so instead of being first out the car park I got stuck for ages. So when I'm back seeing The Killers in a few weeks I was considering travelling by the 161 bus. I've never got a bus after a gig. Do they sail through on bus lanes avoiding all the traffic, or do you have to wait ages to get a 161 and then wait ages to get anywhere ? Perhaps tube would be better ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The 161 should be fairly quick as there is a bus lane from North Greenwich to the Odeon/B&Q.
  • Options

I posted a couple posts up on how to get around this, it hasn't ever failed me. Went to a boxing show at the indigo on friday, got there at 5.15 eft at about 11.30, cost me £12
  • Options

I posted a couple posts up on how to get around this, it hasn't ever failed me. Went to a boxing show at the indigo on friday, got there at 5.15 eft at about 11.30, cost me £12
    Would have been £11 in North Greenwich CP :wink:
  • Options
    clive said:

The 161 should be fairly quick as there is a bus lane from North Greenwich to the Odeon/B&Q.

can take some time to get from the station to the bus lane.

(They're going to get rid of the bus lanes and convert it to a normal dual carriageway.)
  • Options

The T&C's say you are entitled/guaranteed a place (I think), although I've no idea how that would work in practice.
    I've never had a problem finding a place. I always book up on the morning of the gig.

On a seperate note we saw Micky Flanagan on Saturday and we were in the worst seats to make a quick exit, so instead of being first out the car park I got stuck for ages. So when I'm back seeing The Killers in a few weeks I was considering travelling by the 161 bus. I've never got a bus after a gig. Do they sail through on bus lanes avoiding all the traffic, or do you have to wait ages to get a 161 and then wait ages to get anywhere ? Perhaps tube would be better ?
    #

Go outside and have another drink and let the crowd shuffle off.

• Options

We were late, so it seemed the best option, after driving around the car park for about 5 mins. Found a space and parked up and went to pay. It’s was only then that we found it was £25, thinking it was going to be £11. The only other option was to find another space some distance away, resulting in missing the start. This where I think they’re taking the piss. They are preying on people’s fear of missing something they want to see and just bumping up the price.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

We were late, so it seemed the best option, after driving around the car park for about 5 mins. Found a space and parked up and went to pay. It’s was only then that we found it was £25, thinking it was going to be £11. The only other option was to find another space some distance away, resulting in missing the start. This where I think they’re taking the piss. They are preying on people’s fear of missing something they want to see and just bumping up the price.
    Everyone takes the 'piss' nowadays - its called 'maximise the income - fuck the client'
    One of the things i laugh at nowadays is when you go onto a flight/holiday/car hire website and you could put in Antarctica as your desired destination and regardless of where you are going its 'not many seats left' or 'this is a popular location for this time of year' or 'only 5 left at this price'
    Do they think we are fucking stupid?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Don't know, but booked just to be safe.
    Probably get caught out with the "you didn't tick the box for snow chains" scam, and get charged double at the booking counter.
  • Options
     Seeing liam Gallagher at the o2 tomorrow & planning on getting there around 5.30 to have dinner first so we'll be there for a long time. 

Is ncp still the best option?

• Options
    Haven't been to the 02 for a while but when I do I park in Anchor and Hope Lane and get the bus.