Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nederland vs Estados Unidos Mexicanos

Mexico have been one of the shocks of the tournament since struggling to qualify. They have proven to have a solid defense marshaled by the wise old head of Rafael Márquez.
But can they keep the Dutch at bay?

Comments

• No goal fest today Abs?
  • My wife is of Dutch lineage, so I'm hoping Netherlands win and go on to the final.
  • Hup Holland Hup

Don't think so.

Don't think so.
    Hmm, bit warm
  • clark carlisle #sam #engage
  • Why wasn't Van Persie booked? Because he's a forward?
  • Is there just an unwritten rule that the Dutch can kung-fu kick people at the World Cup without punishment?
  • Thought this would be relatively comfortable for Holland.

Not so sure now.
  • Clarke Carlisle annoys me.

Holland's keeper looks a bit suspect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think Holland flattered to deceive in their Group. Mexico were very impressive.

Wouldn't be at all surprising if Mexico have the better of it, but their problem will be a) scoring and b) ensuring they don't get undone by the only two world class players on view.
  • At least the ref is consistent with the high kicks.

Perhaps he was an extra in The Karate Kid in another life.
  • I do fear adaptability to the conditions rather than pure footballing ability will be an important feature of this match.
  • Davo55 said:

My wife is of Dutch lineage, so I'm hoping Netherlands win and go on to the final.

Is it Matralineage or Patralineage?

After watching Brazil v Chile yesterday...boring,boring,boring.
  • How can Rooney be in the same ad as Messi and Ronaldo ??
  • defo pen on Robben. Hmmm!
  • How can Rooney be in the same ad as Messi and Ronaldo ??

They needed to fill out the scene?
  • It's just too hot for the players. It's down to walking pace already. You can't play proper football in that heat. At least in Qatar all the facilities will be fully air conditioned.
  • edited June 2014

Clarke Carlisle annoys me.

Holland's keeper looks a bit suspect.

Good shot but keeper should have done better. Now we will see what Holland are made off.
  • Holland are crap.
  • Sponsored links:

• in this heat they are
  • Schneider,De Jong,Kuyt,VP and Robben will all be mid-thirties by next WC - can see them sliding down the scale in the same way as we have.
  • Not really seen a really good side yet. Brazil are poor, Holland aren't great, Argentina are ok. It's been made a good World Cup by its unpredictabilty and by the performances by Chile, Mexico, Columbia etc. You won't have to be great to win this.
  • Not really seen a really good side yet. Brazil are poor, Holland aren't great, Argentina are ok. It's been made a good World Cup by its unpredictabilty and by the performances by Chile, Mexico, Columbia etc. You won't have to be great to win this.

There'll be a team who will come right at the right time.........cue Germany.
  • get in there mexico!!! 1-0...hola! i live in mexico, well stolen mexico, ie. el-lay, me n the luv are the only pink faces on the street:>) hope they prevail to the end of the match...
  • Justice. If Arjen Robbin didn't cheat he'd have had two penalties in this game.

Mexico's game plan not working now. Be lucky to hang on.
  • Justice. If Arjen Robbin didn't cheat he'd have had two penalties in this game.

Mexico's game plan not working now. Be lucky to hang on.

Yep, agree - Mex sitting back, and letting Holland come on to them - recipe for disaster.
    Can see ET and maybe pens again.
  • Didnt Kuyt play on the left wing in first half and then right wing in second?
    ie not in the shade the whole game - yet still pelting up and down the wing?
  • Why do the scores refer to "Holland" rather than "Netherlands" ? What's the difference between the two ?
  • Shades of Jan Tomaszewski!!