Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Algeria v Russia

Not happy with this at all. Anyone know why the Algerians dropped Boogie?

Comments

• Don't blame it on the Boogie...
  • Nice expansive game. Russia look better than us under Capello. Everyone always looks better than us.
  • Siberian salt mines for the keeper.
  • Was that a laser being aimed at the Russian keeper?
  • Deserved equaliser for Algeria

Commentators say so
  • Yes, just heard them. From what they were saying its happened before. I've only just switched over to the game.

Capitalist Nazi counter-revolutionaries no doubt.
  • You could see it just before the free kick. Must have put him off a bit.
  • Capello was the one England manager I never got behind, I detested his style and persona from the start. He suits the Russian mentality I feel...just hope Algeria hold on and knock them out haha
  • Sponsored links:

• Quality seeing players reacting like that, you can see how much it means. Congrats Algeria.
  • IAIA
    edited June 2014
    32 years of hurt comes to an end for Algeria.

How many millions does Capello earn for this gig? Bargain.
  • Only watched the last thirty minutes or so. Can barely believe Russia's lack of quality. Awful delivery in the top third and so many loose passes.

Can Algeria repeat their shock 1982 win in the next round?!! Won't be easy for Germany.
  • at last an african team makes it past the checkpoint, albeit the more beige variety;>) ...and double fun, capello is going home, arrogant arse!
  • Pleased for Algeria . Well done.
  • At Least Crapello is consistent, two group flops in 8 years, still all his millions probably take the sting out of it.
  • at last an african team makes it past the checkpoint, albeit the more beige variety;>) ...and double fun, capello is going home, arrogant arse!

Is Nigeria not in Africa any more?
  • nobody likes a smart arse lol
  • IA said:

6.5 super big ones a year.
  • Nice money if you can get it
  • Sponsored links:

• IA said:

6.5 super big ones a year.
    that's shocking if true
  • IA said:

at last an african team makes it past the checkpoint, albeit the more beige variety;>) ...and double fun, capello is going home, arrogant arse!

indeed, and i said "at least an AFRICAN team makes it past the checkpoint"...very happy for african continent and algeria, but i would have liked ghana & cote d'ivoire deservedly there too.
  • Capello makes Sven Goran Eriksonn look like value for money.

Russia were awful, listless and impotent just like we were in 2010 under his management.

I don't think that his type of management is ever going to work at international level.
  • IA said:

at last an african team makes it past the checkpoint, albeit the more beige variety;>) ...and double fun, capello is going home, arrogant arse!

indeed, and i said "at least an AFRICAN team makes it past the checkpoint"...very happy for african continent and algeria, but i would have liked ghana & cote d'ivoire deservedly there too.
    oh yes, nigeria in round 2 also, sorry...
  • IA said:

what's your fascination with Africa??? Why do ivory coast and Ghana deserve to be in the next round???
  • Been a bit of a disaster for European Teams this competition:

England.. Spain.. Portugal.. Russia.. Croatia.. Italy.. Bosnia all crash out

Holland.. Greece.. France.. Germany.. Belgium.. Switzerland are the only ones left standing (So under half remain)
  • Meanwhile only one of the CONCACAF teams goes out (Honduras, deservedly so).
  • IA said:

what's your fascination with Africa??? Why do ivory coast and Ghana deserve to be in the next round???
    not a "fascination with africa", just that i always root for teams from countries/regions that have endured (sometimes centuries of) invasion, genocide, pillage, oppression/repression, ongoing punishment, demonizing, marginalizing etc. etc. etc. at the hands of, or as a result of europe/u.s., and apart from my obvious affinity with uk national teams (though i tend not to defend british foreign policy), i like to support any team against the big "powers". i could say pages more, but that is a simple summary.
  • IA said:

not a "fascination with africa", just that i always root for teams from countries/regions that have endured (sometimes centuries of) invasion, genocide, pillage, oppression/repression, ongoing punishment, demonizing, marginalizing etc. etc. etc. at the hands of, or as a result of europe/u.s., and apart from my obvious affinity with uk national teams (though i tend not to defend british foreign policy), i like to support any team against the big "powers". i could say pages more, but that is a simple summary.
    So you're a keen supporter of Scotland, I take it?!

Seriously, I agree with you on rooting for the African teams, despite their often calamitous organisation off the pitch, but I also have a strange fascination with the success of the sceptics, probably born out of them turning up for their own World Cup as possibly the worst host nation ever.
  • Yeah I too feel sorry for those poor Ghanaian millionaire footballers who wanted the 'bonus' in cash.