Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Argentina unfurl Falklands banner before game last night

Whole team posed for photo on pitch in front of a massive banner that said "Las Malvinas Son Argentinas".

So much for FIFA not allowing politics to have any place in football...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2651800/Argentina-players-hold-banner-saying-The-Falklands-Argentine-Slovenia-friendly.html

Comments

• Options
    That doesn't look like "the whole" Argentine team to me.

I think they do it before every game, God knows why.
  • Options
    probably coming up to an election over their or their PM is in trouble
  • Options
    Doesn't deserve the attention they want. Let them have their say and waste their time on silly banners, it means diddly squat.
  • Options
    'The wishes of the Islanders are paramount. ' I wonder who said that? They are bound to want us to honour the UN agreement, but everyone wants the oil revenue. Meanwhile political football plays on........
  • Options

'The wishes of the Islanders are paramount. ' I wonder who said that? They are bound to want us to honour the UN agreement, but everyone wants the oil revenue. Meanwhile political football plays on........

And their wishes were verified in a recent vote.
  • Options
    In fact Messi did pose behind the banner, but he is too short to be visible.
  • Options
    A Daily Mail story . Now there is a surprise.
  • Options
    Will never be theirs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stan Collymore will be happy
  • Options
    What are the permutations that would result in us playing them in this World Cup

I would be happy for them to unfurl that it would raise the temperature.
  • Options
    If the Falklands aint on a video game they wont have herd of it. Mind you better that than the shit The Wife Beater spouted.
  • Options
    Argentinians feel very strongly about the Falklands. It's most Brits that don't give a stuff.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

What are the permutations that would result in us playing them in this World Cup

I would be happy for them to unfurl that it would raise the temperature.

I might be wrong but the earliest we can meet Argentina (given that they win their group and we win ours lololol) is the semi-final. Otherwise in the final.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Vincenzo said:

Argentinians feel very strongly about the Falklands. It's most Brits that don't give a stuff.

I'm fairly sure that the people that actually live there feel quite strongly about it.

Exactly. Pretty irrelevant what the general public here or in Argentina think compared to people who actually live in The Falklands, who want to remain British.
  • Options

Vincenzo said:

I'm fairly sure that the people that actually live there feel quite strongly about it.

Exactly. Pretty irrelevant what the general public here thinks.
    Pretty irrelevant what the Argies think too.
  • Options
    I think the only chance of us meeting them is a semi final. would be great if it happened though!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DMC said:

I think the only chance of us meeting them is a semi final. would be great if it happened though!

Yep, only chance is if we get a semi...............

• Options

Vincenzo said:

Exactly. Pretty irrelevant what the general public here or in Argentina think compared to people who actually live in The Falklands, who want to remain British.
    yes and who are british citizens...
  • Options
    What did the ulrika beater say
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    He's a prick of the highest order. He's even edited screenshots in an attempt to get people done for racism

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Collymore states that he has always voted Labour.

A genuine question to the many Labour voters on here. Why is it that the Labour party has been and is so eager to intervene militarily in foreign countries under the guise of "regime change" yet views the defence of British territory like the Falklands with contempt?

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Collymore states that he has always voted Labour.

A genuine question to the many Labour voters on here. Why is it that the Labour party has been and is so eager to intervene militarily in foreign countries under the guise of "regime change" yet views the defence of British territory like the Falklands with contempt?

Who says the Labour party view Falklands with contempt?

Stan Collymore is not the labour party.
  • Options
    One can only hope when he racks up to a game he bumps into a Para veteran of the Falklands.

• Options
    Attention seeking mug when he is in Brazil I hope he avoids the fans