Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CS Visé - our newest member of the Duchatolet club?

edited June 2014 in General Charlton
Didn't notice a thread (hit me with a fish if I'm wrong), but CS Visé in the Belgian Second Division were taken over by a bunch related to our club - http://www.cs-vise.be/editorial/article.php3?id_article=12 Article isn't explicit, but they're linked to Duchatolet somehow.

There's some interesting stuff in relation to us happening here. The stuff I can tell you;

Terry Fenwick (ex-Arsenal) was hired as manager, he was signed from a club called Central FC in Trinidad and Tobago (ran by Brent Sancho of ex-Gillingham).

They're looking at signing Trinidadian players who I know to be very handy (a couple playing Argentina tonight), mix of young and established

It looks like Visé might be a work-permit dodging route for us to sign some quality players, or at least good youth players. This is me extrapolating from a little bit of info, but it might be a good sign in the long-run. I'm the new Caribbean Head Researcher for Football Manager, so I can tell you that there are a number of players in Trinidad who could help our team. I'm hoping that I'm right, but could be totally wrong :). Football standard in T&T is between Championship and League One, and this is for people training twice a week - the quality is high, if not fitness (although the easier climate over here would help). Players tend to be versitile - it's rare to get a Right-back who doesn't play right-wing, or a striker who doesn't play on the wings. To our advantage (in terms of adapting), strength is often an appreciated strength in the TT Pro League - the top goalscorer over the past 3/4 seasons (Devorn Jorsling) is an Army lieutenant who's clinical and strong. Otherwise, they tend to be explosively quick (Rundell Winchester esp).

Comments

• Options
    Maybe i'm missing something , but cant see the connection.
  • Options
    bylbyl
    edited June 2014
    No mention in belgian media that it is taken over by RD.

and Visé is just relegated to third division, they were controlled by an indonesion investment group who left a total wasteland. Players weren't paid so they were free to sign elsewhere, they got relegated from the second division last year finishing dead last with 13 points out of 34 games, and lost their licence to play professional football due to having massive debts and not being solvable.

I doubt RD would want to add a third belgian club to his "network" and if he did i doubt he would take over CS Visé.

but i can be wrong
  • Options
    I thought the same, but I think Tiresais knows more than what's been said in the press release and has been given more detail. Hopefully, there's something in it :-)
  • Options
    3 of my mates here in the Canadian Rockies were all full internationals for St. Lucia & played in 3 or 4 series of World Cup qualifiers. One of the guys played for Caledonia in T&T - all very good players, although the wrong side of 40 these days!
  • Options

Have they got any really shit players that we can take on loan?

Dudu Duhan is on the phone to Bob & Roland as we speak....
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Jose Riga is a former CS Vise player and manager / coach and technical director. He left them for Standard Liege.
  • Options
    Tiresais said:

So I can tell you that there are a number of players in Trinidad who could help our team. I'm hoping that I'm right, but could be totally wrong :). Football standard in T&T is between Championship and League One, and this is for people training twice a week - the quality is high, if not fitness (although the easier climate over here would help). Players tend to be versitile - it's rare to get a Right-back who doesn't play right-wing, or a striker who doesn't play on the wings. To our advantage (in terms of adapting), strength is often an appreciated strength in the TT Pro League - the top goalscorer over the past 3/4 seasons (Devorn Jorsling) is an Army lieutenant who's clinical and strong. Otherwise, they tend to be explosively quick (Rundell Winchester esp).

Unfortunately I can't agree at all with that, having watched W. Connections (top team in T&T) matches in the two legged tie v CD Árabe Unido of Panama, and 2-0 loss to Houston Dynamo, a below average team in the MLS of which top League One players can tear up (BWP for example) . I would think every team in T&T Pro would struggle in League Two, I'm sure there are a few bright sparks that could be tested over here, but the level is very very poor, and a long shot away from Jamaica's top tier alone, let alone 2nd/3rd in England
  • Options
    byl - just wanted to say thank you for your input re things Belgian - it is much appreciated.
  • Options

Jose Riga is a former CS Vise player and manager / coach and technical director. He left them for Standard Liege.

jose riga had two coaching spells at visé and he even was a player there for 11 years. but that club has been a big mess lately.

they were "bought" indonesian investors who turned out to be complete frauds and who had no money at all.

i know conspiracy theories are popular on this forum but i really can't belkieve that RD is involved with the recent takeover of Visé. If he was imo belgian media would definately report on that, since RD is kinda "high profile" over here.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks again byl. Not only do you know Belgian football...you've sussed this forum out bloody quick as well!!

Although, that probably wasn't that difficult ;-)
  • Options
    byl said:

jose riga had two coaching spells at visé and he even was a player there for 11 years. but that club has been a big mess lately.

they were "bought" indonesian investors who turned out to be complete frauds and who had no money at all.

i know conspiracy theories are popular on this forum but i really can't belkieve that RD is involved with the recent takeover of Visé. If he was imo belgian media would definately report on that, since RD is kinda "high profile" over here.

Does Duchatelet communicate much to the press or the fans out there because we never hear from him over here?
  • Options

Tiresais said:

So I can tell you that there are a number of players in Trinidad who could help our team. I'm hoping that I'm right, but could be totally wrong :). Football standard in T&T is between Championship and League One, and this is for people training twice a week - the quality is high, if not fitness (although the easier climate over here would help). Players tend to be versitile - it's rare to get a Right-back who doesn't play right-wing, or a striker who doesn't play on the wings. To our advantage (in terms of adapting), strength is often an appreciated strength in the TT Pro League - the top goalscorer over the past 3/4 seasons (Devorn Jorsling) is an Army lieutenant who's clinical and strong. Otherwise, they tend to be explosively quick (Rundell Winchester esp).

Unfortunately I can't agree at all with that, having watched W. Connections (top team in T&T) matches in the two legged tie v CD Árabe Unido of Panama, and 2-0 loss to Houston Dynamo, a below average team in the MLS of which top League One players can tear up (BWP for example) . I would think every team in T&T Pro would struggle in League Two, I'm sure there are a few bright sparks that could be tested over here, but the level is very very poor, and a long shot away from Jamaica's top tier alone, let alone 2nd/3rd in England
    Hah saw the same games but they weren't representative - I've seen the Pro League and there are a number of players at W Connection alone worth looking at - Daniel Cyrus would be a back-up CB here and Joevin Jones a back-up Left back/Winger. The level is definitely not far from Jamaica - the record between the two is close (Defence Force did badly in the Caribbean Champions Cup due to the state of emergency meaning a lack of training).

• Options
    byl said:

AFAIK they're owned by the same group as Charlton - this is on very good info. I'm not sure why no further press release has come forth, but can understand why you would rightly withhold belief before then.
  • Options
    Tiresais said:

byl said:

AFAIK they're owned by the same group as Charlton - this is on very good info. I'm not sure why no further press release has come forth, but can understand why you would rightly withhold belief before then.
    well since visé lost its status as a professional football club they can only have a very limited amount of players who they pay as contract players There are ofcourse ways you can work around this, like have players been owned and paid by a third compnay who loans them out to Visé. But that could cause problems if other clubs from the same league file a complaint to the belgian FA.

But like i said before i could be wrong on this.
  • Options
    bylbyl
    edited June 2014

byl said:

Does Duchatelet communicate much to the press or the fans out there because we never hear from him over here?
    No he doesn't communicate to the press often. He does give long interviews sometimes to press or tv.

But since he is involved in sports, politics and business here, there are always journalists of all kinds who follow his every move and release whatever because they know mentioning RD attracts readers and attention.

and RD controlling or taking ownership of a third club in belgium would make some juicy stories.
  • Options
    How good are Trinidad Tiresais, I've lumped on them getting hammered tonight?
  • Options
    Byl, you seem to know quite a lot UK-wise - who would be the equivalent to RD in the UK? - Richard Branson? or say, Charles Dunstone ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Dunstone
    or maybe someone else?
  • Options
    byl said:

Tiresais said:

byl said:

well since visé lost its status as a professional football club they can only have a very limited amount of players who they pay as contract players There are ofcourse ways you can work around this, like have players been owned and paid by a third compnay who loans them out to Visé. But that could cause problems if other clubs from the same league file a complaint to the belgian FA.

Weren't CS Visé spared relegation for some reason to do with the league restructuring? Anyway the players in Trinidad are being offered professional contracts - like contracts that would look good in League 1/2 - so something's happening there
  • Options

How good are Trinidad Tiresais, I've lumped on them getting hammered tonight?

I've put £1 on them winning at 66/1 lol. Trinidad aren't going to pull up any trees, but look out for Kevin Molino who's ripping up the pre-season in the MLS. Hyland is a solid DM, Peltier a good winger, and whilst Boucaud plays at a lower level he seems to play well above where he should at the international level.

Guerra, should he start, is an okay attacking mid at the Pro League level - he's the only one likely to start. Look for Plaza off the bench - he's scored 18 in 20 games. Yohance Marshal is the best defender in the Pro League (played a season in Burma before that and won a place on the all-star team), but I'm biased as I know him and he's a top, top bloke - the opinion taht he's the best performing defender is others rather than mine.

My prediction - 3-1 to Argentina. Likely that T&T won't score, but I like to be optimistic :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Byl, you seem to know quite a lot UK-wise - who would be the equivalent to RD in the UK? - Richard Branson? or say, Charles Dunstone ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Dunstone
    or maybe someone else?

I don't know anything about the UK, besides being there a few times on holidays and watching some football games :)
    i don't know what the british press writes about richard branson, and the other guy, charles dunstone, i don't even know him:)

• Options
    bylbyl
    edited June 2014
    Tiresais said:

byl said:

Tiresais said:

byl said:

Weren't CS Visé spared relegation for some reason to do with the league restructuring? Anyway the players in Trinidad are being offered professional contracts - like contracts that would look good in League 1/2 - so something's happening there
    no last year they played at 2nd tier of belgian football, next season they will be at 3rd tier of belgian football. 3rd tier of belgian football is an amateur level, we only have two tiers of professional football.
  • Options
    How are Belgium going to do in the world cup BYL? You've assembled some real quality.
  • Options
    byl said:

Tiresais said:

byl said:

Tiresais said:

byl said:

no last year they played at 2nd tier of belgian football, next season they will be at 3rd tier of belgian football. 3rd tier of belgian football is an amateur level, we only have two tiers of professional football.
    Interesting, looks like he isn't planning on staying there long! It might be they're 'signed' for Standard Liége and then loaned to Visé, no idea on any specifics, just that Fenwick is interested in bringing over some Trinidadians
  • Options
    bylbyl
    edited June 2014

How are Belgium going to do in the world cup BYL? You've assembled some real quality.

evryone here is convinced we have a better team than the team that reached the finals of euro 1980, and the semis in world cup in 1986.
    But then again belgian clubs reached 10 european cup finals in 10 years in that period as well, so begian footbaal was really good at that time and age.

and definately better than the 1990 wc squad that almost knocked out england.
    and definately better than the 2002 wc squad when they were knocked out by brazil in what was arguably the hardest game for brazil that world cup, were the 1-0 for belgium was disallowed by a clown referee from jamaica

since 2002 we had a really bad national team, first signs of us gettingb better again was when the current generation reached the semis in the olympic games in beijing.

all i can say is we played the best ever qualification campaign ever - loosing no game out of pot 3 and winning our qualification group unbeaten 9 points clear before croatia.

everyone here expects belgium to cruise to first place in the group stage. after that we meet probably germany or portugal in the round of 16 and if we survive probably Argentina in the quarters.

So unless we play exceptionally well or unless germany/portugal or argentina mess up, i don't expect belgium to go really deep.
    But we have team that is capable of beating anyone if we perform on the day, but since the team is very very young i expect them to slip up against the experienced teams like portugal/germany or argentina.

i know in the Uk there is a lot of focus on Hazard and Kompany, but our most important players and arguably our best players in the qualis don't play in the UK : courtois (atletico madrid) on goal, and axel witsel and kevin de bruyne in midfield. Thing is we have a really good player and backup for amlmost every position now. Only the striker position is a bit of a problem, we only have Lukaku and Benteke, and since benteke is injured lukaku will have to play there. But he seems to be in form, so who knows. He will have better supply and have a better midfield behind him than he has at Everton though.

to demonstrate the strength in midfield, AS Roma midfielder Nainggolan didn't even make it to the selection, because we have so many good players there. nainggolan is a player that would make like every national team in the world cup, bar the absolute top teams.

if you want to place a bet on belgium, bet on belgium getting to the last 4 in euro 2016 or the world cup 2018 - then this belgian generation will be more experienced and at a perfect age.

• Options
    And to add on that i think this current belgian national team is way better than the current english national team, though england might go further than belgium in the tournament :)
  • Options
    Now you are really on a wind up @byl‌ when you start moaning about "only having Lukaku up front" - hard times lol
  • Options

Now you are really on a wind up @byl‌ when you start moaning about "only having Lukaku up front" - hard times lol

well lukaku is only 21, and a bit inconsistent still; he is good, but not world class, and at aworld cup having a world class striker who can decide games out of nothing is so important. He's no ronaldo or messi, and if he isn't really at his best level or picks up an injury or a red card or gets out of form, we are really in trouble or have to resort to the spain tactic, meaning playing without a real striker and play with lots of attacking midfielders who go alternating deep.

• Options
    bylbyl
    edited June 2014
    byl said:

well lukaku is only 21, and a bit inconsistent still; he is good, but not world class, and at aworld cup having a world class striker who can decide games out of nothing is so important. He's no ronaldo or messi, and if he isn't really at his best level or picks up an injury or a red card or gets out of form, we are really in trouble or have to resort to the spain tactic, meaning playing without a real striker and play with lots of attacking midfielders who go alternating deep.
    or put fellaini deep and play hoofball :)

• Options
    I have not actually seen Belgium play yet but they are one of my teams to watch in the WC, so many good players, hope they do well.