Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Town Centres - Ones to Avoid!

Comments

• Options
    Redcar
  • Options
    Badger said:

Redcar

Definitely this. Feck me it's a grim place.
  • Options
    Bensham
  • Options
    Wellingborough
  • Options

nowt wrong with sittingbourne town centre will be tearing it up there sat night ska band and footy in the red lion till 11 then into ssc for the 80s night till 4am.. after living in charlton and plumstead for 30 years sittingbourne is fecking awsome yes there are some wronguns but in nearly 2 years now ive had no bother at all when out on the lash. sheerness i may add tho is borderline third world....

I wouldn't say there was nothing wrong with sittingbourne town centre, it's great if you want a charity shop plenty of them, it is pretty lacking in choice of shops you couldn't realistically go Christmas shopping or clothes shopping but it's ok if you just need a couple of things. Agree sheerness is the pits.
  • Options
    I keep dipping back into this thread to see the latest contributions and when new nominees pop into my head.
    How could I possibly have forgotten Birkenhead? This town seems like it's Huyton's penal colony. Pond life doesn't come into it!
    ilivehere.co.uk/birkenhead-2.html
  • Options
    I'd go for Corby, Aldershot & Redhill. (Not been to Crawley). Honorable mention to Illfracombe in the Winter.
  • Options

Speke on Merseyside gets my vote, Harpurhey in Manchester runs it a close second and North Shields up on Tyneside makes it in to third.

I was beginning to think it was just me.
  • Options
    dunstable
  • Options

I'd go for Corby, Aldershot & Redhill. (Not been to Crawley). Honorable mention to Illfracombe in the Winter.

Seriously, go! It really will astound you! A place of utter despair and depression.
    PS: make sure you take your Prozac with you!
    PPS: if you stay overnight choose the Arora Hotel. At least the Emirates Airline Air Hostesses will help relieve the monotony.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014

Seriously, go! It really will astound you! A place of utter despair and depression.
    PPS: if you stay overnight choose the Arora Hotel. At least the Emirates Airline Air Hostesses will help relieve the monotony.

We feel cheated, Bazjonster. You began this this thread with a scathing demolition of Crawley, inviting us to do our worst. After our arduous tour of the delights of Gravesend, Skelmersdale, Cumbernauld and Scunthorpe, we have returned to find that you trapped off with an air hostess in a hotel in Crawley, after all.

• Options
    I willingly passed through Erith earlier. It was sunny and warm. I had to walk through a couple of delightfully sketchy underpasses to reach the bus stop. The river sparkled in the heat. The hills of Inner Essex loomed beyond. I was charmed, I must confess.
  • Options

We feel cheated, Bazjonster. You began this this thread with a scathing demolition of Crawley, inviting us to do our worst. After our arduous tour of the delights of Gravesend, Skelmersdale, Cumbernauld and Scunthorpe, we have returned to find that you trapped off with an air hostess in a hotel in Crawley, after all.

VF, I wish mate! I meant purely from a passive perspective, as I seedily sat in the bar pretending to be interested in England v Equador! It's the little red hats that do it for me - not to mention the red matching undergarments!

• Options
    Flying out of Gatwick tomorrow and spending the night in Crawley. Been here before with previous employment, but after just walking through the 'town centre' back to the hotel, is there a comparable place in England? It's truly shocking and is down there with the likes of a Brentwood, Bracknell, Thetford or Redruth!
  • Options
    Newport, Wales.
    An excellent town centre to study the various ravages caused by each and every drug available to human kind.

It's almost like they are arranged, with each successive shop doorway displaying increasingly devastating effects of increasingly powerful chemicals.

For the full effect pass by after 6pm skipping over the rivers of piss trailing from each doorway to the gutter.
  • Options
    Coventry. Fuck all there - bulldoze the lot of it and no one would notice.
  • Options
    Hemel Hempstead. The only thing worse than that town centre is the people in it.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

uie2 said:

I'm

Crawley is utterly grim, no doubt - but it pales into insignificance when compared with Redhill. Absolute shithole of a place - topped off nicely by the stench of the landfill just up the road. Reigate is 2 miles up the road - but when I lived there it was like living on a different planet.

I'm from Redhill he is spot on! Reigate is lovely
    St Bedes or Warwick?
    I went to Woodhatch school, now Reigate school
  • Options

For its architecture alone Coventry should be nowhere near this list
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Hartlepool,
    Scunthorpe,
    Grimsby,
    Wakefield
  • Options

Flying out of Gatwick tomorrow and spending the night in Crawley. Been here before with previous employment, but after just walking through the 'town centre' back to the hotel, is there a comparable place in England? It's truly shocking and is down there with the likes of a Brentwood, Bracknell, Thetford or Redruth!

Brentwood! You are comparing Brentwood to Crawley?
  • Options
    Ignoring shitholes here in London Boroughs (of which there are many):
    Stoke-on-Trent (either Hanley or the 'Stoke' bit). You can just feel the deprivation and hopelessness in the air - thoroughly depressing on every level.

Sheerness and East Kilbride have exactly the same air of hopelessness and decay, but on a far smaller scale, obviously.

Honourable mentions to Coventry, Newport, Scunthorpe and Paisley.
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Ignoring shitholes here in London Boroughs (of which there are many):
    Stoke-on-Trent (either Hanley or the 'Stoke' bit). You can just feel the deprivation and hopelessness in the air - thoroughly depressing on every level.

Sheerness and East Kilbride have exactly the same air of hopelessness and decay, but on a far smaller scale, obviously.

Honourable mentions to Coventry, Newport, Scunthorpe and Paisley.

Having relatives in Paisley, this never fails to make me laugh. Great series.

https://youtu.be/TmC2Iba1ok0
  • Options
    Swansea on a Saturday night is like the island on Pinocchio
  • Options
    Barnsley and hull
  • Options

Have u been to Brentwood?
  • Options
    Nothing like Crawley
  • Options
    Hastings......Stick to the Old Town.
  • Options
    Luton , Bedford and Stevenage. Three of the most depressing town centres in the country.