Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris O'Grady not signing

Comments

• Options
    demands*
  • Options
    Fine with me. If we can't afford his demands let's move on.
  • Options
    Watch Millwall go and get him now.
  • Options
    Also has anyone else noticed that Bob Peeters has only signed a 1 year deal? Not much stability if you ask me...
  • Options
    Pleased with this news :-/
  • Options
    Can't blame the fella. From the outside we are not exactly looking the most stable of football clubs on the playing side, with players leaving, and the bizarre non appointment of Riga.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Can't blame the fella. From the outside we are not exactly looking the most stable of football clubs on the playing side, with players leaving, and the bizarre non appointment of Riga.

Riga never good enough. Move on.
  • Options
    Disappointing.

I think he would have been a really good signing for us.

However, if he's asking for too high wages then we've made the right decision. We can't be giving players stupid money, especially with FFP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014
    I wouldn't imagine it would be too hard to find somebody better who is cheaper! I would hope not anyway. When I had a good think about it -the most disapointing thing for me is that we went for him in the first place. His first decent season, where he was tidy and useful but still not prolific when you take pens into account and he couldn't stop his team getting relegated!

What also concerns me is that Peeters seems to want a target man - we sold somebody who would have been perfect for that role in January!
  • Options
    No biggie.
  • Options
    Not too impressed with COG anyway. We can do better
  • Options

I wouldn't imagine it would be too hard to find somebody better who is cheaper! I would hope not anyway. When I had a good think about it -the most disapointing thing for me is that we went for him in the first place. His first decent season, where he was tidy and useful but still not prolific when you take pens into account and he couldn't stop his team getting relegated!

What also concerns me is that Peeters seems to want a target man - we sold somebody who would have been perfect for that role in January!

However, would this have been a Peeters choice? I cant see that it could have been. How would he have known about some virtually unknown Champsionship striker? Unless , of course, he's been given the nod by Riga or Fraeye ?
  • Options
    C'est la vie... Next
  • Options
    Crap anyway.
  • Options
    I'm not disappointed we ain't got ogrady. Half a million is to much to pay for league 1/ avarage championship player. Also players got to lower wage demands with the ffplay coming in they ain't going to get as much. I've heard leroy lita will not speak to any club who will pay him less than 30k a week. I think we've got to be realistic now we are a European club now and if players are cheaper in Europe with a Belgium chairman and coach we are going to sign them especially if wage demands are less. Who thinks bob peeters ain't going to go back to one of his old clubs and buy at least one player.
  • Options
    Move on... We'll come good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm not disappointed we ain't got ogrady. Half a million is to much to pay for league 1/ avarage championship player. Also players got to lower wage demands with the ffplay coming in they ain't going to get as much. I've heard leroy lita will not speak to any club who will pay him less than 30k a week. I think we've got to be realistic now we are a European club now and if players are cheaper in Europe with a Belgium chairman and coach we are going to sign them especially if wage demands are less. Who thinks bob peeters ain't going to go back to one of his old clubs and buy at least one player.

like some Smallwall cast offs--hope not

• Options
    Talal said:

Bob wants a target man and Marcus Bent is still unattached. Seems too obvious

You have no idea how tempted I was to Flag this. Some things just ain't funny.

:-)
  • Options
    Talal said:

No thanks.
  • Options
    Talal said:

The perfect signing, CAFC fans like to hate at least one player per season, he would save us the effort of seeing him play first.

• Options
    Talal said:

Old blue eyes unattached !!!!!

Surely not.....

• Options

Talal said:

No thanks.
    You sure?
  • Options
    Sheffield Star today :

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/barnsley/barnsley-o-grady-move-to-charlton-increasingly-unlikely-1-6653768

Chris O’Grady looks set to remain a Barnsley player for now, the Star understands.

Prospective buyers Charlton Athletic are understood to be unable to agree terms with the Reds striker, who netted 15 goals last term.

Last week the Addicks made a bid of £500,000 for O’Grady which was reportedly accepted, though Barnsley refused to comment on the matter.

O’Grady’s agent has spoken out to suggest talks are underway but says the likelihood of a deal being finalised stands as 50-50.

“Hopefully things will get resolved but where we’re at is a fee – which is close to what has been reported – has been agreed and dialogue remains ongoing,” O’Grady’s agent said. “One club has laid out a set way of how they want things done but at the moment they aren’t even close.

“I’d say, as things stand, it was 50-50 as to whether it will happen.

“Clubs have made offers which have not been accepted so, yes, there is plenty of interest in Chris and he wants to stay at that level.”
  • Options
    I wouldn't really see him as a key player if I'm honest. He was a "in-form" striker in a really poor team. With that being said it wouldn't be that hard for a player like this to "shine". Take Craig Davies for example.
  • Options
    Christ, I'd take him but I don't think we (on CL) need to be investing all this energy in an OK striker from a League 1 team.
  • Options
    I like the comment “Clubs have made offers which have not been accepted so, yes, there is plenty of interest in Chris and he wants to stay at that level.” I doubt that very much otherwise we would know by now. Agents. You have to laugh.