Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options
    Stoneman c Bairstow b Coad 30

39-1
  • Options
    McKerr is just 16.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

McKerr is just 16.

Thats not right. I think he is 18 or 19... unless I'm much mistaken.
  • Options
    I misread this on BBC website thinking they were both 16

Debuts for Qadri & McKerr
    Posted at
    14:29
    What a time to make your debut!

That's exactly what both 16-year-old Hamidullah Qadri and Conor McKerr are doing today, although in slightly different circumstances.

Seamer McKerr did so well out on loan at Derbyshire - taking 14 wickets in two County Championship games - that he has been recalled by Surrey and makes his debut for them against Yorkshire.

Off-spinner Qadri, meanwhile, benefits from his departure, coming in for Derbyshire against Glamorgan.

He's the youngest ever player to feature for Derbyshire in the County Championship, aged just 16 years, six months and 21 days!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I misread this on BBC website thinking they were both 16

Debuts for Qadri & McKerr
    Posted at
    14:29
    What a time to make your debut!

That's exactly what both 16-year-old Hamidullah Qadri and Conor McKerr are doing today, although in slightly different circumstances.

Seamer McKerr did so well out on loan at Derbyshire - taking 14 wickets in two County Championship games - that he has been recalled by Surrey and makes his debut for them against Yorkshire.

Off-spinner Qadri, meanwhile, benefits from his departure, coming in for Derbyshire against Glamorgan.

He's the youngest ever player to feature for Derbyshire in the County Championship, aged just 16 years, six months and 21 days!

Ahh easy to miss read that. Not the best worded piece.
  • Options
    Borthwick c Brooks b Patterson 31

75-2
  • Options
    105-2 at tea (at least that's what I'm going to call it)
  • Options
    Yes I think its tea and dinner so they call it. Interesting experiment with 4 day crixket I guess..
  • Options
    50 for Jason Roy

152-2
  • Options
    And 50 for Burns

166-2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Roy motoring here. Taking Rashid apart by the sounds of the commentary
  • Options
    Roy lbw b Brooks 87

241-3
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Burns c Bairstow b Bresnan 90

271-4
  • Options
    241 for 3

To
    217 for 4

Wtf
  • Options
    Oops! Edited.

That's dinner.
  • Options
    Shame to lose both Burns and Roy as they were approaching century's both were going well. Sanga and Foakes has been our most productive partnership in white ball cricket so let's hope they replicate that today. Looking for 400 by the close and maximum bowling points.
  • Options
    Tickets for the final still seem to be available, as got emails from Lord's and Surrey today.
    I'm sure they used to be easy sellouts?
  • Options

Tickets for the final still seem to be available, as got emails from Lord's and Surrey today.
    I'm sure they used to be easy sellouts?

Yes. I can't make it as I'm playing cricket.

Perhaps Surrey fans have been put off by the prospect of a 3rd straight defeat at lords in 3 finals. Notts do look very Good!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    So, what's the score?
    I'm in Geneva at moment Canters -,feck me it's expensive ! Just looked at menu for Indian restaurant round corner from hotel - 37 CHF for Chicken tikka Massalla - that's about 30 quid !
  • Options
    310 for 4
    Enjoy your curry
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Harinath out for 5 for Leicestershire (where he's gone on loan - Matt Pillans is in the Leicestershire team too)
  • Options
    310-4 at the moment, Sangakkara approaching 50
  • Options

So, what's the score?
    I'm in Geneva at moment Canters -,feck me it's expensive ! Just looked at menu for Indian restaurant round corner from hotel - 37 CHF for Chicken tikka Massalla - that's about 30 quid !

Ouch! I'm in the process of booking a holiday there to visit the girlfriend next next month. My bank account doesn't look at all healthy right now and I've not even got there yet!
  • Options
    And Sanga duly makes his 50

316-4
  • Options
    Foakes c Handscomb b Coad 23

320-5
  • Options
    S Curran c Bairstow b Patterson 20

358-6
  • Options
    Close of play - 374-6, Sangakkara 82* and T Curran 4*
  • Options
    So the job for tomorrow. Get the 26 runs required for maximum bonus points. Then tee off. 450 would be amazing! Then hit them hard in the first 15 overs when this pink monstrosity of a ball swings after that wait for the light to become difficult and hope we a Little a few of them.

Not sure I like this day night championship rubbish. Apparently the crowd was no bigger than usual so can't see the point in it.
  • Options
    Start delayed today. Rain. :(