Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options

why is Jacks bowling ?

England u19 international and decent player.

I do agree though he isn't the sort of bowler you want in this situation. Have to give Borthwick or Meaker a go. Have to go for wickets
  • Options
    Surrey going well. Good on Jacks.
  • Options

Surrey going well. Good on Jacks.

Jacks gone
  • Options
    Good win for the Surrey. We are g9nna win this tournament. Well get to lords for the 4th time running.
  • Options
    Kohli cancelled :D
  • Options
    Surrey currently 96 for 1 off 15 overs.

Chasing 295 against Essex.
  • Options
    106 for 1 off 16.
    Jason Roy doing the damage.
  • Options
    136 for 2.

20.4 overs
  • Options
    164 for 2.
    25 overs
  • Options
    196 for 2.

Off 30 overs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    246 for 3
    39 overs
  • Options
    272 for 4
    Plenty of overs left.
    Av it
  • Options
    Surrey win by 6 wickets.
  • Options
    I feel like Billy no mate's tonight
  • Options
    Sorry mate. Was following but it's been a mad weekend.

Squad out for tomorrow's game.

Elgar has finished his spell with us so is not in the squad, he has been exceptional whilst here.

Morkel is in the squad for the first time and TC is back from the IPL. I would want both in the side but no idea how to fit them in. Can't see them leaving either out.

Stoneman is back from England duty, he could be the like for like replacement for Elgar but o guess they will bring in one of TC/ Morkel for him to give us the extra bowler.

Roy
    Jacks
    Burns
    Foakes
    Pope
    Borthwick
    Sam Curran
    Tom Curran
    Clarke
    Batty
    Dernbach

Can't see them leaving Morkel out but who do you drop for him? Before the season I would have said Clarke but he's been exceptional so far and would be harsh to drop him. Perhaps Dernbach who hasn't been at his best, but he is the sides senior one day bowler and leader of the attack so don't think they will do that either.

Good dilemma to have.
  • Options
    Borthwick Elgar and Jade out.

Rocky TC and Morne in.

Would have kept Borthwick and Jade personally.
  • Options
    Shame about the washout today. Will be hard to qualify. Kent at Beckenham on Friday.

Elgar will be missed.
  • Options
    is Elgar injured?
  • Options
    Left the club. His stint is over. Kohli was due to be replacing him but now not coming.
  • Options
    I saw the headline "Curran called into Test squad" while half asleep this morning. It wasn't until I saw something on Twitter I realised it was Sam and not Tom!

19 year old, what an experience, even if he doesn't play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Few points that I've been passed on from this mornings members forum with the two dicks (Richards - CEO and Chairman) and Alec Stewart.

Marsh will not be coming this season due to injury.
    They are looking for another overseas player to cover the middle of the season but don't expect a big name. There is the possibility of getting Elgar back for the end of the season. Hoping to get another overseas for the T20.
    Obviously gutted about Kohli not coming.

Stewie is fighting (and winning) a battle to keep Finch at Surrey for the whole Blast. Australia want him for an A tour

Dunn broke a rib when hit by Fidel Edwards but wasn't detected so played the next match. Mckerr expected to be out for a long time.
    They are delighted that the young players are leading the side.

Bowlers are going to be rested/rotated to prevent injuries

Non playing stuff.
    Membership has grown again this year (10800). Ticket sales also better than this point last year for all competitions. Other counties however are struggling to sell tickets.

Stewie called the hundred laughable.

They gave the impression they were going to continue taking on the ECB over the hundred and implied they were happy to use the oval as a bargaining chip. They seemed to understand that the members are against the proposals and against the oval being used for them.
  • Options
    Dunn does seem to get incredibly unlucky with impact injuries. They aren't as a result of overplaying it technique they aren't typical fast bowler injuries. Just bad luxk every time he works hard to get back fit.
  • Options
    Just taken a chance on the weather and bought a ticket for the game at Beckenham tomorrow. Wishing and hoping.
  • Options

Sorry mate. Was following but it's been a mad weekend.

Squad out for tomorrow's game.

Elgar has finished his spell with us so is not in the squad, he has been exceptional whilst here.

Morkel is in the squad for the first time and TC is back from the IPL. I would want both in the side but no idea how to fit them in. Can't see them leaving either out.

Stoneman is back from England duty, he could be the like for like replacement for Elgar but o guess they will bring in one of TC/ Morkel for him to give us the extra bowler.

Roy
    Jacks
    Burns
    Foakes
    Pope
    Borthwick
    Sam Curran
    Tom Curran
    Clarke
    Batty
    Dernbach

Can't see them leaving Morkel out but who do you drop for him? Before the season I would have said Clarke but he's been exceptional so far and would be harsh to drop him. Perhaps Dernbach who hasn't been at his best, but he is the sides senior one day bowler and leader of the attack so don't think they will do that either.

Good dilemma to have.

231-2 off 33 suggests that the dilemma is more like - who have you got that isn't going to get caned by the Kent batters isn't it?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Have Canters, TP et al gone into hiding? This could be a record win they could be talking about.

Edit - sorry wrong thread. Meant "defeat".
  • Options
    220 runs was the margin in case you missed it. And a 42 year old who needs a zimmer frame to get to the wicket took six of those wickets.
  • Options
    Oops, sorry, was looking for the Kent thread.

• Options
    Awful performance. Morkel looked good.
  • Options
    Sorry lads been drinking all day and playing ceixjet so don't really give a shit. Will check the score properly tomorrow.

Maybe we are shit.