Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options
    Jones c Meaker b Batty 35

92-2, 84 more to win
  • Options
    Croft b Clarke 0

92-3
  • Options
    Off for bad light with Lancashire on 133-3, needing another 43 to win.
  • Options
    And that's it for the day.
  • Options
    Lancashire 150-3, 26 more to get.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Livingstone (69*) and Chanderpaul (43*) don't hang around. 179-3, and Lancashire win by 7 wickets to finish 2nd in the County Championship. Surrey will finish 3rd.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Less said about that match the better. Bizarre decisions all round and some very poor cricket.
  • Options
    What a bizarre match - so, from declaring early to not give them any more bowling points to ending up behind them in Champs.
  • Options

What a bizarre match - so, from declaring early to not give them any more bowling points to ending up behind them in Champs.

Yep that was weird at the time. 40 or 50 runs there could have made a difference in the context of the game...
  • Options
    Mitch Marsh signs as overseas player for 2018

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/41694616
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tom Curran called up to the England Ashes squad to replace Steven Finn.
  • Options

Tom Curran called up to the England Ashes squad to replace Steven Finn.

Thought so. Legend.
  • Options
    Totally deserved.
    Come on England
  • Options
    Hmmm, not so sure about this.
    Dont quite think he's got it to be a top international - his brother on the other hand.
  • Options
    Gareth Batty stands down as club captain, to be replaced by Rory Burns. Jade Dernbach will be T20 captain.

https://www.kiaoval.com/main-news/burns-appointed-new-club-captain/
  • Options
    Good decision in my opinion
  • Options
    I love Batts proper hero of mine. I want him to carry on but can see the logic of this....

Like Burns too so hopefully this works out well.
  • Options

Mitch Marsh signs as overseas player for 2018

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/41694616

Another reason to boo him, Australia AND Surrey :smile:
  • Options
    Another reason to want him to fail in the test series. So he won't get picked for the Aussies again and be free to play for us all season.
  • Options

Another reason to want him to fail in the test series. So he won't get picked for the Aussies again and be free to play for us all season.

He's a Marsh

He'll be dropped, and then recalled again!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seb has an academy session with Stuart Barnes (the cricket coach not the ex rugby player) who left Surrey as Assistant Head Coach last month to "pursue other opportunities and interests". I see Solanki has taken that position and it does seem strange that, as Level 4 coach at one of the biggest counties in first class cricket, Barnes has opted to go free lance and coach age group cricketers. Or was he pushed to allow Solanki to step up?
  • Options
    To be honest I'm not sure of the situation with Barnes.

I can tell you the rumours going round but I have no idea the truth in them.

Some members are saying he wasn't rated in the set up. He was the only coach to survive the Chris Adams debacle couple of years and then was promoted to assistant from bowling coach. It's been reported that he never seemed to be involved with training. MDV and Alec Stewart always seemed to be the ones taking the sessions. That's a whole different issue about why is our Director of Cricket taking training regularly? What does this add to the setup? What does it say about his faith in MDV? And what did it say to the players about who was in charge etc.

Anyway back on Barnes the rumour is that they wanted Solanki as he has been involved with the first team squad anyway and seemed to work better with them. This is just the view of people looking in from the outside. It could be that Barnes role was more subtle in the background and watching footage etc. Not sure.

We have got in Arnold and Bicknell to cover the bowling coach role.
  • Options

Some members are saying he wasn't rated in the set up. He was the only coach to survive the Chris Adams debacle couple of years and then was promoted to assistant from bowling coach. It's been reported that he never seemed to be involved with training. MDV and Alec Stewart always seemed to be the ones taking the sessions. That's a whole different issue about why is our Director of Cricket taking training regularly? What does this add to the setup? What does it say about his faith in MDV? And what did it say to the players about who was in charge etc.

Anyway back on Barnes the rumour is that they wanted Solanki as he has been involved with the first team squad anyway and seemed to work better with them. This is just the view of people looking in from the outside. It could be that Barnes role was more subtle in the background and watching footage etc. Not sure.

Thanks Canters. So it looks like he is now going freelance but as he clearly has a heavy bowling bias so not sure what help he will be to Seb as a batsman/keeper. Seb's had plenty in past sessions to help him with those so we shouldn't begrudge the bowlers their opportunity to learn.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Thanks Canters. So it looks like he is now going freelance but as he clearly has a heavy bowling bias so not sure what help he will be to Seb as a batsman/keeper. Seb's had plenty in past sessions to help him with those so we shouldn't begrudge the bowlers their opportunity to learn.
    Unfortunately Barnes pulled out late due to his wife being rushed into hospital. This was followed by former Zimbabwe cricketer, Mark Dekker (Seb knows him well from him being his U13 Kent Coach two years ago), not being able to make, due to being snowed in, the session two weeks ago and finally Allan Donald having to miss last weekend's session due to gout! Good job Seb still has his Dad to coach him. Years of playing Club 3rd team cricket has enabled me to pass on all I know about the technical side of the game - it took a nanosecond!
  • Options
    Surrey to sign Kohli?
  • Options
    Morkel signing for your mob!
  • Options

Morkel signing for your mob!

Maybe not for the start of the season, after picking up the side strain injury in the current team.
    I assume you mean Morne rather than Albie ?