Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lampard agrees MLS move. Trending now on Twitter.

Anyone else heard or seen this.

Comments

• Options
    Saw this a new team that starts next season Him and Villa have reportedly signed deals today

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/frank-lampard-signs-new-york-3631083

New York City sounds like competition for New York Red Bulls
  • Options
    They'll be no match for the Red Bulls they have BWP and Lloyd Sam both doing well
  • Options

They'll be no match for the Red Bulls they have BWP and Lloyd Sam both doing well

Lol BWP and Lloyd Sam on one team
    Frank Lampard and David Villa on another
    hmmmmmm I wonder who would win
  • Options
    And Ruben bover
  • Options
    New York City is Manchester city's club.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I guessed that, the report said the contracts were signed at Man City's training ground
  • Options
    twitter claimed Xavi was moving to the mls and then he ruled it out. Will believe when on OS etc etc
  • Options
    Red Bulls vs New York City, will this be the first ever MLS local derby game, in their next league season?
  • Options
    What with Pele and Cantona also creating an MLS team there will be 3 MLS sides in one city, crazy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eventually MLS will have 30+ teams like the rest of their sports

Miami, NYC are the latest 2

Plenty of places with the ability to host a football team, Texas could do with a second, Detroit, Atlanta, probably another somewhere else in Florida as well
  • Options
    Orlando next season too.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Any more crazy than seven premier league teams from one city?

Considering there are currently no more than 1 team from any city I would say yes :-)
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Plenty of places with the ability to host a football team, Texas could do with a second, Detroit, Atlanta, probably another somewhere else in Florida as well

Atlanta have been awarded a franchise. They begin playing here in 2017. Over 11,000 season tickets already pre-purchased.
  • Options
    LA Galaxy and Chivas is a derby.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

I guessed that, the report said the contracts were signed at Man City's training ground
    Was Paul Hart there too?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

LA Galaxy and Chivas is a derby.

Portland - Seattle
    Seattle - Vancouver

Good derby games...
  • Options
    DanDavis said:

sam3110 said:

Atlanta have been awarded a franchise. They begin playing here in 2017. Over 11,000 season tickets already pre-purchased.
    11,000 s/t's purchased for Atlanta already ?
  • Options
    Bet oohaah isn't impressed with the away support figures in the MLS
  • Options
    With football becoming so popular in US, will it become one of the big leagues in the future that players want to go and play in?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    New York City FC
    @NYCFC
    Welcome to New York City: David Villa (@Guaje7Villa ) officially signs as #NYCFC 's first ever player. #VillatoNYCFC pic.twitter.com/zzR3gEbmTV
  • Options
    se9addick said:

DanDavis said:

sam3110 said:

11,000 s/t's purchased for Atlanta already ?
    Yeah its really grabbed the attention of the city. There is a big Mexican population here as well as being a stack of international folks (like me) that have moved from Europe.

We already have the Atlanta Silverbacks that play in the NASL and they had another sell out at the weekend....albeit the capacity is a modest 7,000 but they have only been around for 4 seasons I believe.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

With football becoming so popular in US, will it become one of the big leagues in the future that players want to go and play in?

eventually, yes. It has huge potential for growth, especially now NASL are taking things a bit more seriously, I believe the New York Cosmos have signed Raul (remember him?) to increase their exposure.
  • Options
    Hope it works out, not like they didnt try it in the 70's though
  • Options
    I've been here 3 years and the amount of exposure football gets now as increased even in that short time. EVERY Premier League game was televised here this season.

More importantly Soccer has overtaken Baseball in the vital 18-25 market in terms of interest.

And attendances at games for MLS last year was on average higher than the NBA.....times are (slowly) a changing.
  • Options
    Im sure i read an article that mentioned the MLS being ranked as the 7th best league in the world based on a variety of factors but that may be my memory playing tricks on me?

I just hope they don't scrap the wage system, to try attract more stars.
  • Options

I just hope they don't scrap the wage system, to try attract more stars.

Long term I think that is inevitable, our game would definitely suffer for it though
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Lescott to Portland Timbers - I follow the Timbers as my MLS team. They need all the help they can get in defence at the moment - lost 4-3 at home to Vancouver WHitecaps last night - absolutely cracking game. Timbers nearly made it back from 4-1 down, their 3rd was a peach of a goal from an assist by Farendo Adi very good young forward indeed....Vancouver also possess an excellent young striker in Erik Hurtado - both names for the future.

The goal by the way - classic hoofball :-)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2014/06/01/goal-will-johnson-volleys-home-adi-layoff#ooid=ZzbW00bjqhDh_uD4nw06z6znmqj6_O99
  • Options
    Dont no how reliable Taylor Twellman is but he is verified this is what Oakster was talking about

Taylor Twellman ✔
    @TaylorTwellman
    Follow
    .@TimbersFC have a $2M+ a year offer on table for Lescott. Would be highest paid defensive DP in @MLS. Weighing offers in EPL too. #MLS

$2m a year thats a lot for him
    but would mean Villa, Lampard and Lescott in America next season, MLS starting to look good
  • Options

Dont no how reliable Taylor Twellman is but he is verified this is what Oakster was talking about

Taylor Twellman ✔
    @TaylorTwellman
    Follow
    .@TimbersFC have a $2M+ a year offer on table for Lescott. Would be highest paid defensive DP in @MLS. Weighing offers in EPL too. #MLS

$2m a year thats a lot for him
    but would mean Villa, Lampard and Lescott in America next season, MLS starting to look good

It's already pretty good Paulie - I like the fact it's not a one horse race - 9 different champions since 2000 & an increasingly good homegrown contingent. Last night's Portland - Vancouver game had it all - including a decent away following from the Whitecaps to make Oohaah happy...