Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets v Signings

Just wondered what peoples thoughts were.....Is it just me or do Charlton always seem to be the last ones dipping their toes in the transfer market? We always seem to leave it late, end up panic buying, drafting people in on loan, who, with the greatest of respect, do not excite the fans. It could just be me that has that perception? I understand the market isn't open yet by the way......

Surely, if the club got in early signed a couple of good, exciting players, that would stir peoples interest and perhaps lead to more season tickets being bought? Is 8,500 season tickets really that good? To average the same gates as last season we need to be getting the same amount of people watching without season tickets - that's a big ask. The club is in a very difficult position at the moment, with an equal balance of happy and unhappy fans. Those unhappy fans need to be won over and the club needs them to buy tickets. In my opinion, make a couple of interesting, bold, exciting signings early on and more fans will buy!

Also - only a rumour, but I hear Parker could be interested in a return to SE7...as a player?

Comments

• Options
    braydex said:

Just wondered what peoples thoughts were.....Is it just me or do Charlton always seem to be the last ones dipping their toes in the transfer market? We always seem to leave it late, end up panic buying, drafting people in on loan, who, with the greatest of respect, do not excite the fans. It could just be me that has that perception? I understand the market isn't open yet by the way......

Surely, if the club got in early signed a couple of good, exciting players, that would stir peoples interest and perhaps lead to more season tickets being bought? Is 8,500 season tickets really that good? To average the same gates as last season we need to be getting the same amount of people watching without season tickets - that's a big ask. The club is in a very difficult position at the moment, with an equal balance of happy and unhappy fans. Those unhappy fans need to be won over and the club needs them to buy tickets. In my opinion, make a couple of interesting, bold, exciting signings early on and more fans will buy!

Also - only a rumour, but I hear Parker could be interested in a return to SE7...as a player?

The transfer window is not open yet, its not late unless the season has started then its panic buying