Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If Poyet doesn't sign I think I'll cancel my Valley Gold!

If we can't at least get a full season out of our young talents then what's the point? He will go as his contract was allowed to expire. So we get a minimal fee and no sell on. Great management !!!!

Comments

• Options
    yer, solly and cousins are not great youth products, TJ out...ah hang on a minute
  • Options
    The point of Valley Gold is to produce players for the first team. Job done with Poyet and the six others this season. It' s not Valley Gold's job to renew contracts unfortunately.
  • Options
    fenn3098 said:

If we can't at least get a full season out of our young talents then what's the point? He will go as his contract was allowed to expire. So we get a minimal fee and no sell on. Great management !!!!

had too much daily mail today have we?
  • Options
    I'm actually joining ValleyGold for the first time in years .
    Despite a poor season last year the one big plus was the emergence of our youth players into the first team.

We will always have to sell ( or lose ) the cream of the crop because that's the way it's always been and is for the majority of league sides .

The most important thing is that we keep producing them as we are.

Show me where to sign .

• Options

Despite a poor season last year the one big plus was the emergence of our youth players into the first team.

We will always have to sell ( or lose ) the cream of the crop because that's the way it's always been and is for the majority of league sides .

Show me where to sign .

http://www.cafc.co.uk/documents/valley-gold-application-2011-1283-232408.pdf
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/club/valley_gold/
  • Options

Show me where to sign .

http://www.cafc.co.uk/documents/valley-gold-application-2011-1283-232408.pdf
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/club/valley_gold/
    Cheers.
  • Options

Show me where to sign .

Me too...
  • Options
    I don't read the daily mail lol.
    I'm just frustrated! I don't want our club to be a factory conveyer belt for other clubs before we get to see them for more than half a season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

fenn3098 said:

had too much daily mail today have we?
    Where has that come from? Oh I don't read the Daily Mail.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I am genuinely sorry you feel that way Fenn but do we need another scarf burning/ticket ripping/teddy throwing/seat unrenewing/demo planning/VG leaving act of defiance thread?

Then again maybe I just shouldn't open it and accept that the majority are concerned for the club's future and I just have my head in the sand.

I rejoined Valley Gold this year after the amount of academy players that broke through and whether Diego stays or goes I am happy to support the next generation of players coming through
  • Options
    That's it cancel your valley gold over one player. Players come and go that's life. I will not cancel mine as there are lots of good thing that valley golds does for are club.
  • Options
    I'm thinking of signing up

keeping poyet will encourage me
  • Options
    fenn3098 said:

I don't read the daily mail lol.
    I'm just frustrated! I don't want our club to be a factory conveyer belt for other clubs before we get to see them for more than half a season.

It has always been the same I'm afraid. The big clubs have the money to recruit just whosoever they like from the smaller clubs. Real talent will always gravitate towards the big clubs & there is little that any of us can do about it. To mitigate this situation, though, we need to ensure that our best, young players are signed under decent contracts so that we get a decent fee for them. So thanks to TJ & RS for that!!!
  • Options
    I will resign my valley golf too.member since 1989
  • Options
    I had many years of fun when involved in youth footy in Sussex and have supported VG for many years without any demands as the kids are our future whether it's CAFC or our nation in general!

So sign up if you can afford to as all the cash goes to a cause close to all of our hearts.
  • Options
    Now would be exactly the worst time for anyone to cancel their Valley Gold membership
  • Options
    I'm over my strop and all of my toys are firmly back in my pram.
    I support Charlton, and I will not give up on my club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's the stuff Fenn, hope your number comes up
  • Options
    The owner should find the youth system not acharity
  • Options
    timken said:

I didnt sign up so they could buy a ***** bus

Yeah, the lads should be walking to games......
  • Options
    No they shouldnt walk RD should buy the bus.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I signed up to get us back to the Valley - then I continued to support it as I wanted us to produce players for our first team. I see the point of your post - as I didn't do it for other club's first teams but I think we do have Harriot, Solly and Cousins and a few others which persuades me it is worthwhile. And we got good money for Shelvey - thanks to him having a bit of class - and Jenkinson helped us get the funds to become League One champions. All good reasons to subscribe. And an ungrateful mercenary - if he proves to be one - shouldn't put you off supporting it.
  • Options
    If I sign up, will he stay?
  • Options
    If we didnt buy a bus, how could SCP have parked it?

• Options
    timken said:

The owner should find the youth system not acharity

But where to look?